Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are weird

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    You guys think that we do this to look good for men ahahahaha that's adorable
    Idd. Is to compete with the other girls. Girl gossip is vicious! While you guys endlessly call each other gay and noobcake we girls diss each other on the curliness of our lashes and the clash of colors, rough feet, etc...
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Hahahah important thread is important *stickies*

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Ask her to quit doing that stuff for a month and then see how she looks. Could you handle desert-feet?
    Yes. Yes I could.

I truly do not understand women. If you are not trying to attract a mate then why would you do this sort of demented thing. As Rye said to the male mind the only possible reason to put this much effort and pain into something is if you actually get something out of it. And whilst cash-money or baby batter count as 'something', being bitched about in a slightly different way does not.

Come on girls, admit it, you live for compliments. I understand your secret wars between women... but it's always flattering to be looked at by other guys.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

ped egg doesn't hurt. It's the same effect as scratching dead skin off with a loofah or fingernails xD

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Although these things are not done just to attract the male species, it would be a lie to say it was not done for that reason in the slightest.

I do lots of these things. lots and lots. but ped-egg? I just find them GROSS. I'd much rather moisturize my feet to keep them nice and soft then grate the skin off them.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Im with Hux, seriously, why would anyone want to go through all that trouble for nothing?

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Quote Originally Posted by UnbreakableWill View Post
    Im with Hux, seriously, why would anyone want to go through all that trouble for nothing?

Cause they're suppose to give us guys boners.... And it works too!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not all the things they do, though, Rod. If a curled eyelash and a coloured nail is the difference between you getting a boner or not, then hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for the "we look good for the girls, not the guys" thing, I find this a little crazy. Basically what you're saying is "Yes, I'm a slave to fashion, if the fashion gods say something is 'in' then I have to have it or else girls will look at me funny." Really, are these the girls that you want to impress? You say you're competing - competing for what? The least bitchy comments behind your back by, well, bitches? Because really, bitches will bitch. It's what they do. That's why they're bitches, and that's why nobody should give half a crap what they think. If you do, you're only effectively letting them run your life.

If you do it to look respectable, good. I have no problem with obvious things - wearing nice clothes, washing your hair, a little makeup once in a while, whatever. But to colour your nails, curl your eyelashes, buy new clothes because "it's the fashion" or anything like that... that's where I get a little lost on where you're trying to get to. Of course, I generally just ignore the whole thing because, well, hey - maybe other people have different tastes to me. But for my thoughts on the pre-mentioned: Colouring your nails is ugly, curling your eyelashes is weird (but if it makes your eyes look good, I guess I can understand on some level, but still, there must be other ways, surely?) and the worst of the worst: Fashion. Fashion is an excuse for someone to sell you something that in all reality doesn't look that great. If it actually looked good, people would buy it without the need to mention 'fashion' and nobody would question why they were bought. But a lot of girls wear stupid things and look stupid for it, and then they bring up "but it's the fashion" and I just... urgh.

If guys did the same thing, girls would probably start to understand why we think it's stupid. But we aren't stupid enough to do that, so I guess they never will!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hi, I'm a girl, and I want your attention.

Blog Entries

I think Tav is onto something ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Hi, I'm a girl, and I want your attention.
    must resist, MUST resist

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Not all the things they do, though, Rod. If a curled eyelash and a coloured nail is the difference between you getting a boner or not, then hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for the "we look good for the girls, not the guys" thing, I find this a little crazy. Basically what you're saying is "Yes, I'm a slave to fashion, if the fashion gods say something is 'in' then I have to have it or else girls will look at me funny." Really, are these the girls that you want to impress? You say you're competing - competing for what? The least bitchy comments behind your back by, well, bitches? Because really, bitches will bitch. It's what they do. That's why they're bitches, and that's why nobody should give half a crap what they think. If you do, you're only effectively letting them run your life.

If you do it to look respectable, good. I have no problem with obvious things - wearing nice clothes, washing your hair, a little makeup once in a while, whatever. But to colour your nails, curl your eyelashes, buy new clothes because "it's the fashion" or anything like that... that's where I get a little lost on where you're trying to get to. Of course, I generally just ignore the whole thing because, well, hey - maybe other people have different tastes to me. But for my thoughts on the pre-mentioned: Colouring your nails is ugly, curling your eyelashes is weird (but if it makes your eyes look good, I guess I can understand on some level, but still, there must be other ways, surely?) and the worst of the worst: Fashion. Fashion is an excuse for someone to sell you something that in all reality doesn't look that great. If it actually looked good, people would buy it without the need to mention 'fashion' and nobody would question why they were bought. But a lot of girls wear stupid things and look stupid for it, and then they bring up "but it's the fashion" and I just... urgh.

If guys did the same thing, girls would probably start to understand why we think it's stupid. But we aren't stupid enough to do that, so I guess they never will!
    I was being light hearted about it BoB, but you make a valid opinion.

I'm a designer by profession and in this harsh reality of Fashion, models need to fit into whatever clothes and most models need to have a smaller build..But we're not talking about models here..

Now I know not every outfit or makeup would make every other gal beautiful... What truly gets me is that she looks after herself health wise... Girls with curves usually does justice with me.

So if you look good in something with added flair of 'support' ie make up, then you'll get my attention

And if you look as pure as the day you were born...That'll work for me too!!

A lady on the street...while a freak in the bed! XD

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    ped egg doesn't hurt. It's the same effect as scratching dead skin off with a loofah or fingernails xD
    Yeah! It feels rather nice, actually. There is little better than using your ped-egg, then putting some lotion on your feet, putting them in some cotton socks for a few hours, and then taking them off and finding feet soft as bebez. Love it!

I do like compliments from guys. And from girls too. I like attention in general (anyone who denies they like attention is just kidding themselves, or has pretty serious anxiety), but I do really dress up more for my benefit. I have much higher standards for myself than anyone else does for me. I'm harsh on myself sometimes. :x

As for dressing compared to other girls - it's not to please other girls, to stop their bitchery, it's so I feel better than other girls. That's what girls mean, but they don't like to say it, because it sounds bad! But it's true. Nothing makes me feel better than feeling better.

(Not to be confused with people thinking you're better. It's all to do with self-attitute. Get too caught up with trying to make people think you're better and you just look like someone with no confidence)

I don't need to dress up to feel better than everyone else in my boyfriend's eyes. I can tell by just the look on his face that even when I'm throwing up, my hair is a giant cloud, and when I'm wearing his sweatpants and some nasty old t-shirt than I'm prettier to him than any other girl. Though I will dress up for his benefit sometimes! That's why there's lingerie - (though that's also for feeling good yourself).

It's like that saying "The only thing better than telling your girl that she's pretty, is telling her that she's prettier than other girls." It's human nature; guys like it too when you tell them that you like them/find them sexier/find them smarter than other people, as opposed to just telling them you like them/find them sexy/find them smart. :hux:

It's the truth! Everyone is vain, even if it's not necessarily towards looks (ex: Huxley is mega-super-ultra vain about intelligence and video game skillz), but that's ok. It's natural, as long as you try to curb yourself from being a total twat about it and try to use it positively. If it weren't for our own little personal vanities, the world would just be a mediocre place with no advancements, since no one would feel the need to strive and work hard.
    Last edited by Rye; 01-26-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    As for dressing compared to other girls - it's not to please other girls, to stop their bitchery, it's so I feel better than other girls. That's what girls mean, but they don't like to say it, because it sounds bad! But it's true. Nothing makes me feel better than feeling better.
    It's like that saying "The only thing better than telling your girl that she's pretty, is telling her that she's prettier than other girls." It's human nature; guys like it too when you tell them that you like them/find them sexier/find them smarter than other people, as opposed to just telling them you like them/find them sexy/find them smart. :hux:
    It's true that everyone likes this! I do too, but I don't really go out of my way to make it so (at least not consciously). My terribly uneducated guess for why girls do stuff like curl eyelashes and paint their kneecaps, or whatever it is they do these days, is quite simply that it's the norm and not fitting within certain norms makes you weird and gets you the occasional stink-eye, and few people are comfortable being that person.

Blog Entries

Damn, next time I have a question on the female mind I'm asking Rye.