Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are weird

Blog Entries

There's nothing more amazing to me than a girl with callous feet. It makes me think "Rowr, I'm a girl, and my feet can withstand walking on sharp rocks!"

Not really, but I'm not exactly turned off by callous feet. If that's how your feet are, okie-dokie.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

The guys who have spoken about my point have all totally missed it. We're merely peacocking and competing with each other, yes, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's something that friends bond over as well as something to bitch about. It's FUN. It's creative expression. And do you really think we wouldn't find 10 more ways to be horrible to one another without the emphasis on fashion and primping rituals? Our sophisticated, nasty social circles will never fail to glean more ways to destroy one another from the media. (because the media trains people to be judgemental bitches all across the spectrum, but that's another can of worms...)

I honestly, seriously think you guys who have complained don't like the idea of us doing all this beauty ritual stuff for any reason other than to snag men because it takes importance away from you being the primary motivation for any of our selfish actions, even when we're just trying to have fun. Women who make men their primary or sole motivation for looking good are usually the insecure ones. I like my selfish actions for myself and the people I care about kthx. You are really not what I'm thinking about when I'm getting dolled up most of the time. (But, as a self-admitted feminazi, I probably care quite a bit less about "the attention of men" outside of the spectrum of "the attention of people in general" than most women.)

Why is it any worse than piercings or tats or hair gel or styling or shaving so you don't have a beard in men? It's taken to a greater extreme with us because we have more interest in it and buy into it more, yeah, but that's because we enjoy it and it's a common social bonding medium. So don't you dare claim to be less ridiculous than us. Each person has unnecessary and selfish weirdnesses that are a privelige they enjoy, being a human being in 21st century society. Let fashion slaves buy overpriced, ridiculous tat as long as they have fun doing it, whatever your personal judgements are on how it makes them look. It's our right to have stupid personal vanities in whichever field we want. We're pretty freaking lucky to live in a world where we can do things like that. I think we should take full advantage of it!

Out of argue mode, I find it interesting how nobody has spoken about women shaving their legs in this thread yet. I find leg shaving to be one of the most abhorrent and ridiculous beauty rituals that it's the norm to perform for a lady, mainly because of the motivation behind it -it's basically just rooted in the promotion of sexxxxy infantilism and money making. The idea was totally ridiculous just over 100 years ago. I feel like it's gotten way way way out of hand and it's probably the fashion that I'd like to get rid of the most. (That said, I still shave if I'm getting my legs out because I'm a big insecure hypocrite.) (Pits are kind of different because that's really a hygiene thing. Boys are gross. They're allowed to be. Because Society Says So.)

...feminazi away~!

Blog Entries

Phew, I was thinking you were going to go the whole THE SEXIST MASCULOCRACY AND MALE MEDIA FORCE US TO GO THROUGH THIS RIDICULOUS TORTURE EVERY DAY TO MAKE US LOOK LIKE BARBIE etc etc for a second there and I might have had to smack a bitch.

there was a picture here

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    As for dressing compared to other girls - it's not to please other girls, to stop their bitchery, it's so I feel better than other girls. That's what girls mean, but they don't like to say it, because it sounds bad! But it's true. Nothing makes me feel better than feeling better.
    It's like that saying "The only thing better than telling your girl that she's pretty, is telling her that she's prettier than other girls." It's human nature; guys like it too when you tell them that you like them/find them sexier/find them smarter than other people, as opposed to just telling them you like them/find them sexy/find them smart. :hux:
    It's true that everyone likes this! I do too, but I don't really go out of my way to make it so (at least not consciously). My terribly uneducated guess for why girls do stuff like curl eyelashes and paint their kneecaps, or whatever it is they do these days, is quite simply that it's the norm and not fitting within certain norms makes you weird and gets you the occasional stink-eye, and few people are comfortable being that person.
    I seriously wish painting our knee caps was a fashion. That'd be so awesome. I'd paint mine to have ladybugs on each.

Oh, one female means of torture I'll never understand is pushing back cuticles. Why is this done? When I got my nails done once, a woman did this to me and my fingers bled and hurt terribly. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who bites their nails and their cuticles really severely.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Phew, I was thinking you were going to go the whole THE SEXIST MASCULOCRACY AND MALE MEDIA FORCE US TO GO THROUGH THIS RIDICULOUS TORTURE EVERY DAY TO MAKE US LOOK LIKE BARBIE etc etc for a second there and I might have had to smack a bitch.
    That's a connected but different kind of thing! That's the root of the low self-esteem in the women who make men their primary reason for looking good, imho. It's a totally different kind of beauty ritual process with a different root. It also spawns pageant mothers and Katie Prices.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's the little things we do, all added together, that make us look nice. You're not supposed to look at a girl and be able to list all the things she's done to herself to get that good looking, you're just supposed to notice that she's pretty.

I've had my male friends comment on the small amount of make-up I wear, how it's just some on my eyes. I actually wear a ton of make-up and use face stuff and groom and etc, but it just adds up to me looking good, not looking made-up. The eyelash curler makes the eyes look more open, the foundation makes the skin look smoother, the gloss makes the lips look fuller, the rouge makes the face look more lively. Etc etc.

You're not supposed to see it, but when it is there all together versus when there's no effort at all there's a big difference in hotness.

Everybody cares about how they look in one way or another. Girls just tend to do more about it than guys.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My main complaint will always be that they do things that don't look good in the name of fashion alone. Like painting toenails. That one throw my mind so much. Why would someone want to draw attention to their toenails? To me, it just doesn't make sense. But again, maybe it's just me. Maybe other people think it makes you look good - please note I say "look good" rather than "look fashionable". But yeah. Dunno.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

When I try to look nice, it's usually either for Mogi or for myself. Sometimes I wake up and feel like I'm going to have a nice day, so I try to look my best to give me a little confidence boost. Some days it makes a big difference!

EDIT:
    Oh hi BoB!

Speaking of toenails. I never use polish remover, I just let them chip off, so I don't ever buy any. My fingernails will have polish on them for like two weeks. Last August I decided to paint my toenails. I didn't think about the fact that they'd be protected by socks most of the time, so there's still a couple of specks on my big toes. They'll probably go with the next clipping.
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 01-26-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    My main complaint will always be that they do things that don't look good in the name of fashion alone. Like painting toenails. That one throw my mind so much. Why would someone want to draw attention to their toenails? To me, it just doesn't make sense. But again, maybe it's just me. Maybe other people think it makes you look good - please note I say "look good" rather than "look fashionable". But yeah. Dunno.
    What "looks good" is subjective so that's not really an argument against the entire beauty industry and the concept behind it, just because you don't like the way something looks. If they personally think it looks good and they enjoy doing it, why does that bother you?

Blog Entries

Probably because he doesn't think it looks good and doesn't enjoy seeing it

there was a picture here

Yeah but you don't hate the vidja gaems industry because they made a game of Legally Blonde or something.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Yeah but you don't hate the vidja gaems industry because they made a game of Legally Blonde or something.
    No, but I hate them for making 'Greatest Finds' in which you go from yard sale to yard sale in order to find the best deals...

Back onto topic, you women do some silly . And yes, we men know you look at us and think the same thing. The problem is, to us what we do isn't really silly. So when you say we do things that are just as silly as what you do, it's somewhat confusing. Because, as I said, we don't view what we do as silly, but we view what you do as such.

It's not really as simple as saying we all do silly things when one person doesn't see what they are doing is silly.

I don't think I have ever used the word silly so much in my life.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FYI, eyelash curling doesn't hurt. At all. I mean, you're bending hair, how does that hurt? I get that it looks all torture device-y, but 5 seconds and bam, you've got pretty curly eyelashes. It's no big deal.

It's less hassle and work and danger then say, putting on contact lenses.

And if a curling iron is ever close enough to your eyes to endanger you, you're doing something very wrong.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Girls are not weird they are just "different"..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..