Thread: Villains deserve their own movies?

Default Villains deserve their own movies?

The article about it.

I doubt it will be made for some reason, but it's interesting. If Tim makes it, I imagine Helen is playing Maleficent, and, of course, most likely Depp is in there somewhere. Ooooh Tim.

It is true Wicked turned out popular...

The article mentions exploring Ursula and why she was banished. The extended Poor Unfortunate Souls says she tried to overthrow Triton once already. Of course, that didn't make it into the movie and could be changed. I like that left out as it makes it much less believable Ariel would go to her.

Anyway, villains... deserve their own movies?
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 01-26-2010 at 09:12 PM.

As a kid, I always liked the villains of movies more than the heroes, or the good guys [by the way, for a long time my mom was really concerned about this]. I always have found villains to generally have the more interesting qualities of character, and for some reason I'm always drawn to curiousity of their past, motives, how they got to where they are now, and so forth. Often times when I explain video games or movies to people, I'm told I tend to explain it from the villain's point of view, or at least discuss the villain in great detail.

I also have to say that Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is one of my absolute favourite villains of all-time. I loved her as a kid, and I still think she's awesome now.

some villains get em, Hannibal, Hell Raiser, Friday (1 to 1000000), Elm Street, and ofc Hitler got a few (Downfall, Last 10 Days etc).

PS: As a kid I always rooted for the German's in those war movies. Not cause of some burgeoning Nazi tendancies but the movies themselves were all so sycophantly & predictably Allied-sympathetic, historic inaccuracies abounded (my dad told me). Thankfully war movies arent made that way no more...well until I seen that drivel Inglorious Basterds

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are few villains that are interesting enough to have an entire movie center around them. Hannibal Lecter is the only one I can think of though I wasn't crazy about the movie solely focused on him. I thought Silence of the Lambs was ten times better.

Like Khalin, I tended to like the villains more. I still do. Few seem interesting enough to have a movie about them because they aren't explored in the original film.

But on the other hand, I sort of like them merely being evil. Do I really want to find out Scar's dad raped him and told him he would amount to nothing every day? That wouldn't justify his actions, but it should shed new light on them and reduce the impact of the happy ending because he's more sympathetic now. (Obviously they wouldn't do something that extreme. I'm going for a point here.)

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

This reminds me of a book I read as a kid about the Three Little Pigs from the Big Bad Wolf's perspective. That poor wolf just had a cold and a powerful sneeze. He got a bad rep!

But in a more serious, actual villain movie. I'd probably watch a movie about Maleficent or the Queen from Snow White.

Thankfully war movies arent made that way no more...well until I seen that drivel Inglorious Basterds
    lol what

If any villain deserves his own movie it would be The Joker. Unless you count The Dark Knight as his movie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AntRid View Post
    If any villain deserves his own movie it would be The Joker. Unless you count The Dark Knight as his movie.
    Oh it totally was his movie.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    This reminds me of a book I read as a kid about the Three Little Pigs from the Big Bad Wolf's perspective. That poor wolf just had a cold and a powerful sneeze. He got a bad rep!

But in a more serious, actual villain movie. I'd probably watch a movie about Maleficent or the Queen from Snow White.
    Was that in that book about the Stinky Cheese Man?

I dream to create a game in the villains perspective.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just wanted to come into this thread to say that I loooooved the musical version of Wicked (not so much the book).

So much that I prefer it 10x more than the original story.

I love re-workings of classic stories.