Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst 123456789101112162656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramuh View Post
    Whatever you can do to help. Do you agree with me that Carbuncle's question was odd? What do you think about the inactives?
    I didn't ask a question. The inactives are either town who are afraid to speak because they're not sure what to say yet or scum who are afraid to say something revealing. Nevermind. Titan is a mind-reader.

Or people who have not had the opportunity to log on. I apologize, it wasn't a question, just something I picked up on and thought I'd pursue. I have to go, but I'll be back in about seven hours.

I'm going to help fan fires here and point a finger toward the cactus and the geezer. Something about them earlier in the thread just gave me a bad vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramuh View Post
    Leviathan and Phoenix are distracting the town and are clearly Mafia. Now I just have to decided which scummy scum to vote off first. >
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cactuar View Post
    I agree, Ixion is neat. And I agree, DERAILMENT.

##Unovte: Bahamut
    ##Vote: Leviathan
    Maybe nothing, may be everything.

Sorry, [M] Valefor, if you think I'm bad for making one post, but I also dislike my vibes aren't matching yours. Glad to know posting more will clear away your suspicions.

Going to keep my vote for now because there's not much reason to change it yet. Will probably jump offa this train if it looks like you'll be screwed, [M] Doomtrain, even if Barret says I can't.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we're on, till we get to the end of the line.

I think I am willing to take this back:
    ##unvote I'll cut him some slack
    But I've got my eye on him, I'll keep him in mind
    For now, though, we've got scum to find.

I want some inactives to come out and post
    Come on, guys, just think of your poor host!
    ##vote: Odin now I'm voting for the dark rider
    But I'll unvote, when you show you're not a hider.

I want to make it clear that if I am in the noose
    I will change my vote, and this is not an excuse
    I believe it will better help the town
    If I am alive, so please don't frown!

So we only have two inactives left: Alexander and Odin. Valefor finally made it, but didn't add anything other than that he thinks that there might be scum in this game, which may or may not be amongst a list that consists of over 50% of all players, though he's sure that at least ONE scummy person is among them.

However, Valefor also noted something that fortified my choice in voting Ifrit. If he is Mafia, he's pretty good at it, or, rather, he has a rather brilliant plan to wipe off some suspicion; he has a nice, reasonable means of claiming town as long as he's consistent, but I have to admit that I'll feel like an ass if he's lynched and flips town.

Another significant point is that, if it is in his role to post in such a manner, it'd be a big burden, and I'd hate for that burden to be balanced by some sort of power, as he implied (See in the day, my bark is worse than my bite/My true power only comes out at night). I'm going to assume the worst and hope that it doesn't bite me in the end.

I have nothing really to say about the two inactives other than that they need to hurry up.

Also, I only voted Ifrit in the beginning because I was bored and wanted to get some discussion started. It was coincidence that I voted for someone with an extremely annoying role/behaviour.

Shiva, those two posts made by Ramuh and Cactuar respectively were obviously sarcasm and not meant to be taken seriously. Also, posting more won't necessarily clear you of suspicion, but it will clear the suspicion of remaining inactive; inactivity doesn't lend itself to this game, or any game, for that matter. Regardless, posting more will help, just maybe not anyone's level of suspicion towards you.

Thanks for engaging the inactives, Ifrit.

And hosts, if this is an awesome role that you've given Ifrit, thanks for the comic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    Also, I'm leaving my LET'S-GET-THIS-PARTY-STARTED vote because Ifrit is annoying. I must add that I like Ifrit's 'rhymes' better than Ramuh's though. Sorry, Ramuh.
    After looking over the thread again I caught somethin' fishy. Voting for someone because they're annoying is not a good reason to lynch someone.

Voting for someone at random, based on how they introduce themselves, or just because someone else is voting for them aren't good reasons either, but they always happen on day one.

Just sayin'

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Y'all are getting 10PM EST. That's another 3 hours and 15 minutes. Vote count to come.

EDIT: Also realize you are not getting babysat with you millions of vote counts. I'm doing this one because I'm feeling giving.
    EDIT: Apparently Bahamut did it. Whatever.
    Last edited by [M] Mom – Host; 01-27-2010 at 11:52 PM.

[M] Ifrit (2): [M] Bahamut(1), [M] Cactuar(3)
    [M] Bahamut (1): [M] Cactuar(1), [M] Ifrit(1), [M] Ramuh(1)
    [M] Leviathan (0): [M] Cactuar(2)
    [M] Valefor (0): [M] Chocobo(1)
    [M] Ramuh (1): [M] Titan(1)
    [M] Doomtrain (1): [M] Shiva(1)
    [M] Cactuar (1): [M] Chocobo
    [M] Odin (1): [M] Ifrit(2)

The numbers behind the voters indicate that it is (1) their first vote, (2) their second vote, and so on and so forth. Bold = Votee

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    If he is Mafia, he's pretty good at it
    You think that a mafia would do this on day one?
    This is more suicidal than sayin' "I'm da bomb!"
    Sorry bro, but I think you need to get a clue
    Lynchin' me aint the right thing to do.
    Also, posting more won't necessarily clear you of suspicion, but it will clear the suspicion of remaining inactive; inactivity doesn't lend itself to this game, or any game, for that matter. Regardless, posting more will help, just maybe not anyone's level of suspicion towards you.
    I do, however, agree with the above thoughts!
    You've got to analyze what you've got, sports.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Cactuar View Post
    Let me clarify:

What I am saying is that you can't just write him off because he's rhyming. He's most likely rhyming just because he can, and you shouldn't use it to determine what sort of role he has. This doesn't necessarily mean he is or is not mafia.
    Why do you think he is likely to be mafia? Why don't you think he has a special role? Remember Horny Gay Faith Healer? It's happened before, where there has been someone with restricted posting options. Now I'm not saying that he could know this as well and use it to try to clear himself, but I am saying, as I have said before, that he is most likely a townie with restricted posting.

Also, I'm going to stop this inactive attack before it really starts. It always turns into a witch hunt where people lynch random townies hoping to find a mafia, and then if there were mafia that were inactive, they start trying to contribute. It's too common, and it's too useless.

Now everyone is adding ' at the end of ing words. Mafia are clearly copycats.

##Vote: Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    Voting for someone at random, based on how they introduce themselves, or just because someone else is voting for them aren't good reasons either, but they always happen on day one.

Just sayin'
    In all seriousness, this is correct. Still doesn't mean it isn't fishy. I think I smell Marlin or is it Trout?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ifrit View Post
    You think that a mafia would do this on day one?
    This is more suicidal than sayin' "I'm da bomb!"
    Sorry bro, but I think you need to get a clue
    Lynchin' me aint the right thing to do.
    In order to keep up such a facade, the actor would be forced to stay consistent. Yes, I think it's a creative idea and reasonable to say that scum could try such an act to attempt to dodge suspicion. The fact that you seem so convinced that Mafia wouldn't do it shows me that you'd buy into it if someone else tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Carbuncle View Post
    In all seriousness, this is correct. Still doesn't mean it isn't fishy. I think I smell Marlin or is it Trout?
    In all seriousness, voting for everyone is stupid, confusing, and not fishy at all in the slightest, sarcastic or not.

I was quick to judge, but I've already justified myself on the topic, so it's all good.