Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314182858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

I wish someone would answer me...

Ok, a much more simple question...

Why do you think Ifrit is scum? Just because it is possibe for him to be? Do you have actual evidence?

Mut, it's funny how you were happy to vote for me
    For no reason, then you say I'm annoying, tee-hee!
    So we called you out on it, said it was weird
    Then you throw out a new reason for me to be feared

You're just dead set against me, not open to reason
    I hope if I die, it's dragon hunting season.
    There's something about this that's not quite right
    You'll be my #1 suspect if I survive tonight.

I also want to see more people post
    Odin and Alexander more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Carbuncle View Post
    No. Not your vote, mine. I should have made that more clear.
    Got it. Sorry for jumping all in your .

Also, I'm having lots of fun.

Ifrit, I'm applying the logic under two completely different circumstances, one of which is absolutely hypothetical and is only used in my argument to fortify the fact that people would generally see the act you're potentially putting on as harmless and innocent because, as you said, no Mafia would act as you've acted on day one. I see very little other suspicions amongst any other players, and you had to have suspected that this would happen, that someone would call you out on your actions, whether your rhymes come in fact from your role or not, and you should have suspected that it'd happen early on.

Chocobo, of course I don't have any evidence; it's day one. If suspecting someone for acting suspicious is suspicious in and of itself, have at me.

Also, I just want it to be clear that I know I'll be on the chopping block if Ifrit is lynched and flips town. Even if he's not lynched today, I've walked out too far into the water. It'd be easier to swim to the other side than to go back now. So, if you aren't mafia, Ifrit, then I'll probably be gone before Day Four, be it by Mafia or the noose.

Odin and Alex, where are you, shouldn't you at least say hi?

Why do you find him to be acting suspicious then? Just because it is possible that he is scum? It is possible that I am scum too, and I'm even defending Ifrit. Why don't you vote for me? How is me acting the way I do to show I am town any different from Ifrit's?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ifrit View Post
    I also want to see more people post
    Odin and Alexander more than most.
    A good way of getting inactives to come out and play is probably voting for them.

##Vote: Alexander

I'll change it once I see Alexander respond.

[M] Chocobo, you can chalk up [M] Bahamut's behavior to being scum, it's really irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shiva View Post
    Sorry, [M] Valefor, if you think I'm bad for making one post, but I also dislike my vibes aren't matching yours. Glad to know posting more will clear away your suspicions.
    That's not true, but it's interesting that you think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shiva View Post
    Going to keep my vote for now because there's not much reason to change it yet. Will probably jump offa this train if it looks like you'll be screwed, [M] Doomtrain, even if Barret says I can't.
    This always bugs me, when people make a vote and then make a footnote saying they will change it later if the person gets more votes. Too much ass covering, and mafia are the ones who would be most concerened with covering their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chocobo View Post
    Why do you find him to be acting suspicious then? Just because it is possible that he is scum? It is possible that I am scum too, and I'm even defending Ifrit. Why don't you vote for me? How is me acting the way I do to show I am town any different from Ifrit's?
    I've explained this in a few posts. I've taken into account the fact that he could simply have a creative role drafted by the hosts, and I understand that if he is town then I've sealed my own fate. If he isn't, and he is Mafia, no one will suspect him because of this face he's put on.

I understand what you're saying. Weighing the two possibilities, if Ifrit is town, and he does indeed have a power role, it'd be a detriment to the town to lose him, and especially this early on. However, if he is Mafia, it's likely that he'll survive until much later days because of his potential act, which would put a crippling amount of stress on the town, because it's unlikely that Ifrit would compromise any potential safety that he has behind any mask that he may or may not have made after all of this attention; doing so would assure his lynching, if he isn't lynched today.

I have to uphold that I feel that it's the safest route to lynch Ifrit because, not only is it possible that he's Mafia, like everyone else, as you've clearly pointed out, but, if he is Mafia, he is likely to be more detrimental to the town's health than scum who can/will post normally, because of the fact that they can't hide behind such a veil.

and you had to have suspected that this would happen, that someone would call you out on your actions, whether your rhymes come in fact from your role or not, and you should have suspected that it'd happen early on.
    No, I am not going to play ball!
    This has no relevance to anything at all.
    "Don't hate me for going all crazy
    Someone else would've done it, but they're lazy"
    Nobody else has done it, it's just you
    You're not listening to reason, what else am I to do
    But tell you so
    yo yo yo yo.
    If suspecting someone for acting suspicious is suspicious in and of itself, have at me.
    This isn't an act that you've carried out
    Your reasons are poor, of that I have no doubt.
    Also, I just want it to be clear that I know I'll be on the chopping block if Ifrit is lynched and flips town. Even if he's not lynched today, I've walked out too far into the water. It'd be easier to swim to the other side than to go back now. So, if you aren't mafia, Ifrit, then I'll probably be gone before Day Four, be it by Mafia or the noose.
    Now you're just being stubborn for no real cause
    How about you just stop and pause
    It's only day one!
    The game's just begun!
    It's never too late to change your mind
    A mistake-laden past can be left behind
    If you're town, and you get lynched for me
    I won't take any comfort in your misery.
    Maybe.
    (baby)

---

Soon I will be finding my bed
    But I don't want to discover that I am dead
    I think if anyone with 1 vote has to die
    It should be Cactuar, and I'll tell you why

He's come in here, taken pot shots at folk
    Then runs away, right after he's spoke
    He has a vote for me, but where is he now?
    He's letting Bahamut take the rap, that cow!

Sorry, Caccy, I know my reasons aren't great
    Please realise that I want to dodge this fate
    ##unvote ##vote: Cactuar
    I hope you understand, whoever you are

Hello, Cactuar. Why did you place your votes?

Summary: Ifrit is more dangerous than Chocobo because, yes, as you explained, you could both be Mafia. You are both just as likely to be Mafia. However, he would hurt the town much more than you would if he were Mafia, making him the greater of seventeen evils.

Damnit I want to go to sleep
    But Bahamut your posts just make me weep!
    I'm not hiding anything, what you see is what you get
    So what if they are expressed through couplet?

This isn't a mask, read my posts
    What are my votes to you? Ghosts?!
    Also stop with this "I sealed my fate" crap
    It's day frickin' one, listen to my rap.

Nothing is set in stone, get it into your head
    Now please can I just go to bed?
    I will give you all ten minutes, but why?
    To ask questions! Then I will say "Goodbye".

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chocobo View Post
    Also, I'm going to stop this inactive attack before it really starts. It always turns into a witch hunt where people lynch random townies hoping to find a mafia, and then if there were mafia that were inactive, they start trying to contribute. It's too common, and it's too useless.
    It is not useless, and you already stated the reason why. I agree that blindly going after inactives is the wrong move, but by doing so, you will stumble upon the mafia, as they will be the inactives that 'start trying to contribute' once the 'witch hunt' has started. I've seen mafia do this many times. You have to read between the lines.

Never addressing inactives is a mistake since it gives the mafia a great strategy to employ. But, really, it's not far fetched to have little posts on day 1. My list was posted more to see the reaction to it. I'm still trying to see who I can cross off before I make my vote today.

I do think lynching Ifrit would be a mistake at this point.