Page 16 of 115 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Oh dear, we have a predicament. I don't actually think any of these guys is scum. Sorry if some think this isn't the best strategy, but I use the 'why would they do this if they were scum?' approach. I try to think like a mafia and how they would play this game best.

Ifrit - Why would he create a gimmick where he must post in rhyme knowing he'd have to keep it up all game? If he's smart enough to do this, he's smart enough to know the oddest person on day 1 usually gets the votes.

Bahamut - Why would he be taking such an active role against Ifrit if he was mafia? Ifrit's weird behavior would speak for itself. I think he is the most likely of the three though because going after Ifrit seems too obvious.

Cactuar - I don't think a mafia would roleclaim on day 1 if they could help it, and he didn't have much on him when he made it. Don't know if I believe the claim because we haven't even had a night phase yet.

This is why I voted Shiva, someone who is pretty much laying low, and I don't think some of her posts make that much sense. But it is too late to convince you guys otherwise.

I am tempted to end this with a vote for Bahamut, because if he is mafia that would clear up Shiva and Leviathan, two people I am iffy on.

Damn.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was distracted by my dog and forgot to close the thread, oops.

Blog Entries

As the sun rose after on the town of summons, it was still dark for some reason. Everyone started to panic when everyone noticed it was just Alexander's huge body blocking the sun. Apparently his big size caused him to be late. Then he got eaten by Atomos who then flew away never to be seen again.

Alexander was Vanilla Town

Day 2 starts now, 24 hours. 15 remain, 8 votes for a majority lynch

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Oh.

So an inactive was killed which tells us nothing. Rydia, would you be able to tell us if Alexander died as part of the game or if it was due to inactivity?

At least all the remaining players have posted, as I've seen Odin post in the other thread. I hope he posts in this thread today.

Titan I have a question for you. If you are the Psychologist as Cactuar said (and we have no reason not to believe her as her role was revealed), then why would you be the deciding vote against her?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Nice to know I'm not the only one online.

What do you think of what happened yesterday, Siren?

Valefor, I voted for Cactuar mainly for being an ass telling us to shut the smurf up while s/he was making his/her explanations rather than just simply making the explanation. I originally didn't want to vote for Cactuar, but the attitude turned me off, and we didn't need any of that. Cactuar was also being stupid for telling us there is a Psychologist and later regretfully claimed I am that Psychologist. I want to say that I will not accept or deny Cactuar's claim to admitting that I am a Psychologist as we can't ever trust a Cheater. Have you noticed how Cactuar immediately named me as that Psychologist after I had casted the final vote? Well, there you go.

Though, enough about that, let's focus on today! I'm just glad that I'm still around after what happened on day 1. I feel as if I dodged a close one there!

Blog Entries

The death was not from inactivity.

Man, killing an inactive, great plan on giving us nothing. Immediate thoughts on waking up are as follows: I dislike [M] Bahamut because he seemed so set on stringing up [M] Ifrit for his gimmick, [M] Valefor dislikes it when summons post too little for his bird brain, [M] Cactuar's death was detrimental for our town despite his temper, and now I'm wondering why we did not see a dead [M] Titan this morning. :\ He has to be on the block tonight if the mafia thought'd be great to kill the inactive [M] Alexander because who likes lose ends? I'll dig through yesterday and give more opinions soon.

I was very close to killing that dumb cactus myself, mind you.

I guess we don't really know what Cheater is because it is a made up role, but it did come up green, so I have to assume town-alligned, and for that I have to believe her that there is a Psychologist. However I do not believe you are it and I suspect she was trying to get you killed for voting her out. The fact that you weren't could indicate you are in fact a killer. Then again, I don't know why mafia would want to kill the Psychologist since their power isn't useful against mafia.

[M] Carbuncle must be a saint for not settling that sudden death. Was sure hoping someone'd crack from that stalemate, and [M] Titan might not be looking too hot for doing the deed. Also worth looking into are the other people who voted on [M] Cactuar, because while he was begging for a rope, wouldn't be too easy to get a mafia like that? Another thing, I don't know what a Psychologist does, could someone explain?

I'm going through day 1 posts, and I came across this that I missed yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chocobo View Post
    I don't have anyone to vote for, so I will vote for a random inactive, because I think a random gut feeling is better than voting for someone I find to be innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Chocobo View Post
    Also, I'm going to stop this inactive attack before it really starts. It always turns into a witch hunt where people lynch random townies hoping to find a mafia, and then if there were mafia that were inactive, they start trying to contribute. It's too common, and it's too useless.
    How dare you harp on me for harping on inactives when you yourself did the same thing!