Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 53545495051525354555657585960616575105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Exactly what I was going to say Ifrit. Valefor was so vocal Day 1 and Day 2 and now not a word from him. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Valefor View Post
    Ok, the only thing keeping me from voting Shiva right now is that she didn't die on night 1, indicating that she might be a doctor. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything in her posts that was very helpful. She didn't vote yesterdy, and spent a lot of time trying to convince us that keeping the SK around was a good idea. Like I said before, not sure why a mafia would want to do that but town most certainly wouldn't want to do that. Even while doing that she didn't give us a better option. Someone had to be lynched. If not Choc, who? Why did she focus so much on saving the SK instead of trying to find the other scumbags? As for the doc angle, there are so many other possibilities, many of which have been touched on. I just can't make that assumption and ignore the rest of her behavior.

##Vote: Shiva
    For reference, this is Valefor's current vote and his reasoning.

I don't particularly buy that there is no mafia at all. If there is, it is probably not a large mafia. Mafia being there is the only way a cult member can die at night according to a flash and people have said some very mafia type things in this thread. People meaning Shiva. And why would we have a death miller and no mafia? That makes no sense. Still, mafia, serial killer and cult seem like too much for a game with only 15 players. Hopefully it is just a cult and serial killer. It will be less of a hassle to take down a cult than it would be to take down Cult and Mafia. But, we have yet to find a Cult Leader. Who are the summons that seem like they'd be that?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle
    And why would we have a death miller and no mafia?
    To make us think that there is a mafia, y'arrrr!

Well I have weighed everything that has happened so far and I must say it makes sense from a logical standpoint, but it doesn't mean I buy it. Nexus is a very convienent role to claim, like Death Miller. The problem with Shiva is that I keep getting scum vibes from her posts but her stories keep checking out. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I will say that I believe Titan, Ifrit, and Carbuncle's claims, for now. I actually was pretty sure there was a Jailkeeper-like role and unless someone else claims it, looks like Carby's it.

So now we have the 'Insane' verdict on Doomtrain. Looks like a good lynch for today. I think he has a good majority but I've been out of it today and don't know the current vote tally.

As for there being a cult and no mafia, that is certainly a plausible scenario but remember the first time we had a cult: the town was so focused on finding cult that the mafia was able to get victory. I don't want that to happen again, so I am keeping all the options open. There are plenty of reasons why the mafia's first two kills wouldn't have gone through (assuming Shiva is telling the truth and Alex wasn't the first kill).

This game gives me a headache.

Ok so there were about 10 posts from the time I posted that so sorry if I didn't reflect anything else said.

Thanks for the votecount, B.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I see two problems right now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Carbuncle View Post
    Night 2 - I chose Ifrit because I was iffy about his role. I wanted to see what he'd say after he got roleblocked and protected and it confirmed for to me that Ifrit definitely had a killing ability at night. He says he went after Bahamut and Bahamut is still alive so we can presume this. Chocobo coming up as guilty for Ifrit and then it being revealed that Choboco is also a serial killer also tells me that Ifrit is most likely not lying.
    The theory of there being no mafia isn't the only way of explaining Ifrit not dieing. After all, the mafia might have tried to kill him.

2. If the cult can recruit, what if Doomtrain isn't the recruiter? Titan, can you be recruited?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

That is of course if all the roleclaims are true.

I don't understand what you mean by Ifrit not dying, Siren. As far as I know, no one has admitted to attempting to kill him. He's admitted to attempting to kill me but that's not the same thing.

Y'arrr, I also have to be sayin' that if Doomtrain is the rotten cultist mongrel we be suspectin' him tae be, then Titan, I suggest ye do NOT reveal who ye investigate if ye get a "sane" result. If ye do so, that will be makin' them a grand target for cult recruitin', d'arrr.

Night 2 - I chose Ifrit because I was iffy about his role. I wanted to see what he'd say after he got roleblocked and protected and it confirmed for to me that Ifrit definitely had a killing ability at night. He says he went after Bahamut and Bahamut is still alive so we can presume this. Chocobo coming up as guilty for Ifrit and then it being revealed that Choboco is also a serial killer also tells me that Ifrit is most likely not lying.
    It took you a waste of your power to figure this out? The fact that he found the serial killer didn't tip you off? What other possible role could he be? The only thing I could think of is Mafia Cop, and your test wouldn't have proven it either, since it would have blocked the mafia kill as well. Now, I don't think he is a mafia cop, but I never did, and I just don't know why you still suspected him after he stuck his neck out to get the SK yesterday.

If Ifrit was a Mafia Cop, roleblocking and protecting him would only have averted a mafia kill if Ifrit was the one to act out the deed. Usually, the moderator will ask one of the particular members of the Mafia to attempt a kill.

Yes, I know how the game works. Again, I didn't really suspect Ifrit of being this role, but I wanted to point out a hole in Carby's logic because I don't get why he would target Ifrit even after his explanation.

Hey Bahamut, what result do you think you would get if the Psychiatrist investigated you?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Valefor View Post
    It took you a waste of your power to figure this out? The fact that he found the serial killer didn't tip you off? What other possible role could he be? The only thing I could think of is Mafia Cop, and your test wouldn't have proven it either, since it would have blocked the mafia kill as well. Now, I don't think he is a mafia cop, but I never did, and I just don't know why you still suspected him after he stuck his neck out to get the SK yesterday.
    If you paid attention to it closely you would have seen that I also said I wanted to protect him. I agree with Diablos that Titan and Ifrit would have been likely targets. I think both of them were pro-town but I wanted to confirm Ifrit. It wasn't a waste of power. It was protection for two charactesr who would be obvious targets for Mafia. I didn't buy what he said about Choboco at first because I had already outed Chocobo and then others voted for him. I felt he was bandwagoning once he realized Chocobo would be iced to save his on tail, but I don't think that's the case now.

And I find interesting how you've been active for the first two days and then now active now that we've called you out.

Y'arrrrrrr! D'ARRRRRRR! Cap'n Ifrit just noticed somethin'!

##unvote Doomtrain ##vote: Ifrit

No speed lynchin' aboard this ship! How many times must he be tellin' ye scallywags?