Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 73747515253545556575859606162636777107 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by Ifrit not dying, Siren. As far as I know, no one has admitted to attempting to kill him. He's admitted to attempting to kill me but that's not the same thing.
    Right now I wish we had a facepalm smilie.

Okay I'm sorry my posts have been sporadic but *inserts excuse nobody cares about*. Quick thoughts because I have to be at work 5 minutes ago.

I have a suspicion that Doomtrain might be a Jester. I'm not sure why, but surely his inactivity and then inability to read the damn thread makes him a target. I know it got Ramuh up in a huff!

Assuming there is no mafia (as has been suggested), then the death of Chocobo means there would be no night kill roles except for Ifrit occasionally.

Regardless of how the day ends (hopefully I can get back to post some more and actually vote), I think it'd be a wise move to have Titan investigate Bahamut and hopefully get another confirmed townie. Also mark me down as believing Titan - he's here to find the Cultists, not cure them. The only cure is a good lynchin'!

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Carbuncle View Post
    Yeah, we've gotten extended time today for turning in night actions early and blowing Rydia.
    I didn't think you'd admit to that so easily.

I did it! I found the Cult Leader!

Have at him!

In trying to find this picture I discovered that Al Gore is considered a cult leader.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Phoenix View Post
    Okay I'm sorry my posts have been sporadic but *inserts excuse nobody cares about*. Quick thoughts because I have to be at work 5 minutes ago.

I have a suspicion that Doomtrain might be a Jester. I'm not sure why, but surely his inactivity and then inability to read the damn thread makes him a target. I know it got Ramuh up in a huff!

Assuming there is no mafia (as has been suggested), then the death of Chocobo means there would be no night kill roles except for Ifrit occasionally.

Regardless of how the day ends (hopefully I can get back to post some more and actually vote), I think it'd be a wise move to have Titan investigate Bahamut and hopefully get another confirmed townie. Also mark me down as believing Titan - he's here to find the Cultists, not cure them. The only cure is a good lynchin'!
    Saying that Doomtrain could be a jester may be his way of protecting him. Titan, I would suggest you investigating Phoenix after Bahamut. Here arre my two reasons...

1. Above, possibly protecting Doomtrain

2. He posts just enough to stay out of our minds, without saying much. A good Cult Leader would choose someone like this. Actually, a good Cult Leader may act like this.

Just to clarify, because I'm sure it will come up, I'm not saying lynch Phoenix based solely on this, I'm just asking for him to be investigated, and to base what we do on that.

Well, since no one is here, I guess I'll go to bed.

Triple post ftw, btw.

You might be on to something, Diablos, and I wish you would post more. You seem to be trying to stay out of our minds as well!

It's odd to bring jesters up all of a sudden. It could be a last ditch effort to save a fellow cult member, or even the cult leader (more likely, or else why would he stick his neck out like that?). That, and the result from Titan are enough to convince me that something is not right with this train.

I guess I'll leave Shiva alone, since the Nexus claim does fit in for now. I'm not totally convinced, though.

Anima is also laying low and I do not like it.

##Unvote: Shiva
    ##Vote: Doomtrain

I'll vote for...

##Vote: [M] Carbuncle cuz he is like, so totally fishy and stuff!

Anyways, sorry for being inactive for the past few hours, I was having my birthday party! It was a lot of fun!!
    Last edited by [M] Aaron; 01-31-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Somereason, I said Leviathan instead of Carbuncle...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Anima View Post
    I'll vote for...

##Vote: [M] Carbuncle cuz he is like, so totally fishy and stuff!

Anyways, sorry for being inactive for the past few hours, I was having my birthday party! It was a lot of fun!!
    You realize this is poor reasoning. Not to mention the fact that you're already on some people's radar for suspicion. You're now on my high list of people who are guilty. Not because you voted for me, but because you did so without even seeming to think it out. You've done that alot actually. With your random vote of someone yesterday because you were under "so much pressure" and then just disappearing. You like Odin, are a lay low. Guilty people use accuses for things in their outside life alot. They feel the need to justify why they've been away because they are paranoid that people will think they're on the baddy forum scheming. This is usually the case. Though a few people really do have outside things going on so does everyone else and they still manage to be active.

Phoenix the Jester comment is odd. I know someone said that already but I was thinking it earlier. At this point you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would want to change from Doomtrain even cult, mafia, anti-town whatever because that would be stupid enough to incriminate themselves. But, you would find them trying to potentionally avoid lynching their fellow cult member/scummate.

I mentioned jesters because I thought of jesters. Simple as that. I looked at Doomtrain's posting. Seeing as there's not a lot of it, I'll quote it all for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Doomtrain View Post
    Let's get this train rolling.
    YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, SHIH-VAH!
    I don't think Ifrit is mafia, weird roles are rarely scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shiva View Post
    ##Vote: [M] Doomtrain

It's nothing personal, just something to do before reading everything I've missed, and sorry for being late to the party.
    You evil biceth! >:O
    Hi. So...what's going on?
    Sorry, my mom and dad have been on all day long. Can I get a rundown of events? I'm too lazy to look through the thread. >.<
    Hi guys. Sorry >.< My parents have been hogging the computer all day again.

Could someone tell me what's going on?
    Hello. I'm sorry if I'm suspicious. And I'm not new, I'm just really really busy lately. D:

Ramuh is pretty suspicious, but my true feelings are for Ifrit. Feelings of suspicion I mean.
    His greatest contributions (and I use the term lightly) to the thread has been saying "weird roles aren't usually scum" and his latest post. The rest of the time he's asking to be told what's happened.

It's obviously annoying, and it sparked Ramuh to vote for him. I just... he's done nothing that screams jester, which is why I thought of it. It would be a pretty good tactic, and one I'd definitely try (if I were a jester, that is).

But honestly, if he is a jester, then it doesn't really change anything. He got an insane reading from Titan and so he's anti-town, which is more than enough reason to get rid of him. And if my suspicion is right and he's a jester, oh well.

I want to say that I don't think Doomtrain is a jester. While it could be possible, if he is one, wouldn't he have made more of an attempt to try to get lynched on day 1? Don't jester's win if that happens?

Regretfully, I agree that Doomtrain could well be a jester. Unfortunately with no night kill, we would have to keep him right until the end of the game, which could be a very bad idea if he was in fact Cult. I'm finishing what I started.

##Vote: Doomtrain

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Titan View Post
    wouldn't he have made more of an attempt to try to get lynched on day 1? Don't jester's win if that happens?
    That is the typical route they take. Be loud and confusing until they get lynched. It doesn't need to be on day one either.

But really, it doesn't matter if the jester wins. And like Ramuh said, he could be Cult and that's too dangerous to leave sitting around until the end of the game.

Often a jester on day one would be found out and simply killed in the night. A good jester would wait a while until he can create dirt on himself that would get him lynched unquestionably.