Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49798993949596979899100101102103104105109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1711

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

I guess I was trying for impartiality there, but getting the bird does look more appealing. That last sentence is so jacked up.

MMMMM! Are there any cute guys in here?

how long do we have left?

*raises hand and back clicks*

Well, if [M] Siren ends up dirty, so would [M] Ramuh, given that he's preached so much about [M] Titan's accurate readings.

And two role-blockers makes things messy, did I miss [M] Carbuncle stating who he blocked/protected? [M] Ifrit said he stopped [M] Siren from any night actions, if any.

Also for the record, spunky sailors, I'm still leaning towards Siren as the leader. Valefor, as Shiva said, has been way too close to the brink for some time for a cult leader. Everyone's against the guy. Everyone! That can't be right if he's the leader. His minions would willingly die for him.

Although I still fancy Valefor () ....as cult, so why he'd vote for his leader I don't know. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shiva View Post
    Well, if [M] Siren ends up dirty, so would [M] Ramuh, given that he's preached so much about [M] Titan's accurate readings.

And two role-blockers makes things messy, did I miss [M] Carbuncle stating who he blocked/protected? [M] Ifrit said he stopped [M] Siren from any night actions, if any.
    By "preaching so much" I hope you mean two posts.

Did that sexy bucket of love juice, Carbuncle, say who he blocked?

Yeah, if you mean recently, you dirty old man.

No, I think not, [M] Ifrit.

This is our current outfit:
    [M] Carbuncle
    [M] Diablos
    [M] Ifrit
    [M] Leviathan
    [M] Phoenix
    [M] Ramuh
    [M] Shiva
    [M] Siren
    [M] Titan
    [M] Valefor

If we assume the power roles are off-limits (-4), it gets to this:
    [M] Diablos
    [M] Leviathan
    [M] Phoenix
    [M] Ramuh
    [M] Siren
    [M] Valefor

If the Princess and Hag roles are to be believed (-2):
    [M] Leviathan
    [M] Phoenix
    [M] Ramuh
    [M] Siren

That leaves us 4 big targets for the Cult Leader, if he's not among them already.

We're told this is the endgame, so we must be near the brink of things. So the score should look like 6 to 4, right? So what does that mean? It means 4 people are Cult. The only people who can be Cult beyond the leader are on that last list, if the P&H ploy is to be believed. Even if the P&H isn't believed (nice idea, Cult), those there are the 4 who'll seal our fate.

So what happens today? We kill a person. If this person's Cult, we turn 6-3. Cult recruits someone at night, 5-4. Today, were we to kill someone NOT Cult, the score'd be 5-4 and since the Cult Leader knows their targets as well as we do, we would lose during the night, 4-5.

What does this all mean? We have to nab a Cultist today. Doesn't matter if it's the Leader or not, right? He'll be out of targets and we can slowly root Cult out like daily weeding. In fact, it wouldn't be down to voting any longer if the 4 confirmed powers work as a team, slowly eliminating everyone else. It could be automated at that point. This really is the endgame, guys.

Should we really need the Cult Leader? Does the previous paragraph make sense? Have we been looking at this all wrong with the idea "NAB THE LEADER NAB HIM KILL HIM"? I think we just have to outnumber them in the end.

Oh, and in writing this, it helped me consider the P&H possibility and why it's probably not true. More on that soon.

P&H (Princess and Hag)

The theory exists that 2 of our suspicious colleagues are power roles, the Beloved Princess and the Old Hag.

Taking this claim as true brings this chain of logic:
    [M] Valefor and [M] Diablos are the Princess and Hag, respectively.
    The Cult Leader exists within the remaining 4 "Townies".
    The Cult Leader has no more targets.
    To win, the Cult must rely on lynchings to reduce the number of pro-townies.

This could be true, but it doesn't spell out endgame to me. Even were we to lynch a townie today, the score would be 5-4, town's favor, and we could recover, since there'd be no more recruits.

Taking this claim as false yields this:
    There is no Princess and Hag.
    [M] Valefor and [M] Diablos lied.
    The Cult Leader exists within a group of 6.
    The Cult Leader may still convert 2 more targets.
    To win, the Cult may use both lynchings and conversion.

So where does that leave us? We lynch right and the Cult gets a convert tonight, we're down to 5-4, still a fighting chance for another day. We lynch wrong and the Cult gets a convert, we're 4-5, game over. Very much an endgame scenario.

Logic and indisputable fact aside, while either of these scenarios can be true, the latter carries more weight in my mind. I would also suspect [M] Valefor and [M] Diablos of being Cult for their claims, and maybe even one of them being the Leader. Of course, their leader could've just told them to do that and kept him or herself hidden in a Vanilla role.

If we are to take Shiva's - btw, do you know of any cute guys I could meet? I'm all alone and need some company - P&H Theory as truth, then we have to look at why it was made.

If we lynch a Beloved Princess, it harms us a lot more than harming this supposed Hag role. Therefore, we would be more willing to lynch Valefor than Diablos, and so of the two, you'd want your leader to be seen as the "Beloved Princess". Therefore of the two, it could well be Diablos that is the leader.

If the two of them are being truthful, and I am more willing to believe Diablos is being honest than Valefor, can they be recruited? It seems unfair to the cult to leave them with just 4 possible members. And, suppose they can be, do they retain their powers or lose them? I would have to say that in my opinion, letting the new recruits keep their old powers too sounds very unbalanced, if they can be recruited, I would theorise they would lose their powers. If they do lose their powers, and Diablos is being truthful, it would make a lot more sense for the cult NOT to recruit him and leave him as a Beloved Princess, as a BP, in death, is designed to help the scum roles.

When I say "why it was made" I mean "why the claims of Hag and BP were made".

TO SAN FRANCISCO!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Diablos View Post
    Yeah, I think I will vote Odin

##Unvote: Valefor
    ##Vote: Odin
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Phoenix View Post
    ##Unvote: [M] Siren
    ##Vote: [M] Odin
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Valefor View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. I'm always escaping these by the skin of my teeth!

##Unvote: Titan
    ##Vote: Odin

Please be cult leader!
    All in half a page. I smell a cult bandwagon methinks.

And beloved princess is a very convenient role to claim. I doubt the mods would include it, as if the serial killer was alive it would mean two possible townies dead and two recruited. In a game with 15 people, not only would this be excessive, but it would wreck the town. Diablos is right underneath Valefor on my suspicions list.

Oooh, nice work Ramuh. I just want to cover my face in your beard.

Although you have to wonder if they'd be as obvious as that. If so then LOL @ the cult.

I checked myself and we have six hours. I'll be leaving for an hour or so of that, but beyond that I'll be here so I hope we can use this time productively and not speed lynch Siren or Valefor or whoever else.