Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 104050545556575859606162636465667080110 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

I've been thinking... Is it possible that a cult member would show up as whatever role they originally were, and not as a "Cult Follower", or something?

And I don't understand how a role that is supposed to kill the last person that voted for them wouldn't be considered insane...

Also, what did you do last night, Titan?

Question the High Priest not. He will report to us only if he has had some new revelation. Those revealed to be innocent in his dreams will soon fall prey to the evil heretics.

How could the Cult get help out of Titan telling them whether or not a certain member is in thier ranks?

Ah, Brother Diablos, allow your Emperor-God to enlighten you.

Suppose that the High Priest announces that you, Diablos, is a true believer in Rydia, and not a member of the Dark Cult's ranks.

Now suppose that you are the vile leader of the Heretics. Who is your first choice to brainwash? It's Diablos! Because just that very same day, the town has been told that Diablos is sane.

Do you understand why he must only speak out if he finds a wicked infidel?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Probably because Titan might see no reason to check someone again.

To many possibilities right now actually. I think I'll go along with this cult thing though, I don't think it's likley we'd have this many no kill nights by coincidence. If we are to believe the Nexus claim, then that means it's not likely Shiva is cult, but it also means there is a good chance we have a cult member who is very much a mystery. If Shiva was targeted, we may very well have a random cult member not even the Cult intended to target.

So, even if you thought the person was highly unlikely to be a target of the cult, there's a very real chance they were selected by complete mistake due to a Nexus.

That said, I question Titan, if only a little. My big issue is, can cult in this game recruit power roles? I actually suspect not. I don't think Cult typically can, and given this game has Vanilla Townie's like myself, I don't suspect we have more power roles, except possibly one more.

1 SK
    1 Nexus
    1 Companion
    1 Dud
    1 cheater
    1 Melodramatic

If there were to many other power roles, a cult would be hard pressed to win due to lack of legitamate targets, and if they took one of towns power rolls, like the supposed Melodramatic it would be in the bag for them.

Brother Bahamut, do you have a night action at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    I don't think Cult typically can, and given this game has Vanilla Townie's like myself
    Your Emperor-God is displeased with you advertising yourself as a target to the Cult, Odin. You may want to study the teachings of Rydia more carefully in future.

I originally thought it was a bad Idea until I realized what the chances of me getting targeted are.

I'm constantly on every ones suspicion list, so why would you recruit someone likely to get lynched? Unless I was cult before the suspicion, what are the chances they have recruited me since, or intend on recruiting me now? Me claiming Vanilla town doesn't really change the likelihood of me getting recruited or not. All it does now is give you all warning to watch me at all future days, not something thats really of benefit to the Cult at all.

I say we turn our eyes to someone who has yet to claim a power roll, and whose behavior has remained consistent from day one. We nail them I think we may find our cult leader.

My suspicions? Anima and Bahamut.

I started thinking about Bahamut on the basis of his day one not saving himself vote showed him to be townie, but I think that he either slipped up and didn't think to change his vote, or he hoped someone else would change so he would look innocent by default. All things considered, there was actually a good chance of that happening when I look back on it. If anything, him showing he was there and not switching votes probably gave him more credibility then the others, and his behavior has remained consistent, unlike other suspects.

As of now, Bahamut is my main suspect for Cult Leader.

On one final note, Titan should only reveal his findings under 2 conditions.

1) We are about to lynch someone he flipped Sane the night before.

2) He flips someone insane.

3) For some reason, he is about to be lynched.

I mean 3 conditions. ;P

I don't suspect Bahamut as Cult Leader, because his claim of Death Miller would have been completely stupid.

I do not have a night action, Ifrit. Why do you ask?

I was afraid that Doomtrain would turn out to be a strange or unknown role like that. In my opinion, it gives us hardly any insight into how Titan's night action works. According to Titan, his result on investigating Doomtrain was Insane. But what does that mean?!

Ifrit, if the Town's strategy includes not asking Titan to divulge his night action targets and results, who else can we ask? If the roleclaims thus far are true, then you and Carbuncle also have night actions. Are we at liberty to inquire what they did last night?

Going back to read other posts that were posted just now while writing this.

I believe Brother Odin's conditions seem a perfectly fair and reasonable thing to follow. As for my own night actions, as St. Yuna has divulged to me that there is no mafia, I do not feel uneasy to reveal to you that last night I had Doctor powers, and I chose to protect myself, the Emperor-God.

Brother Bahamut, I take no pride in using this method to divine your identity. It is simply not your fault. However, I saw this post and I simply cannot unsee it. I must enquire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia
    Actually, he's been gone since last night, which was one of the reasons the night lasted so long. Been shopping around for replacements, can't seem to find one.
    This post was made in the mafia discussion thread (post #127) about your predecessor, Bahamut I.

If you are not in possession of a night action, why would you be holding up the night?