Page 61 of 115 FirstFirst ... 114151555657585960616263646566677181111 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XIV Game Thread - GAME OVER - Cult Win! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

If we believe there is no Mafia, however, and since there isn't likely a cop at all in this game, what possible reason would there be to have a Death Miller? Is there any reason to beleive that role would flip insane on investigation in this game?

Honestly, it makes next to no sense for this game to even have a death miller. So why should we believe his claim?

Also, I've seen games lost on the premise that town thought the Mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to do something, so I don't take that as a legitimate reason. ;P

I assume the reason would be so that we would think there was a Mafia once he flipped, so we would be mislead.

But once we figured cult existed, what would that even mean at that point? It's barely effective at misleading anyone in this game for the lack of deaths that ensued.

I don't really buy he was placed for the shear purpose of misleading us.

If he was killed at any point from day 1-3 then we probably would have believed there was a Mafia.

Also, I found something interesting. Shiva pleaded for the cops not to investigate her at the end of day 2, and now I think it's probably because the investigation would hit a random townie and a cop might get a guilty reading. Shiva probably thought such an accident could occur, although the cop would have got the name of the person he investigated by accident. Just throwing it out there as I think I believe Shiva now.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Odin View Post
    I'm constantly on every ones suspicion list, so why would you recruit someone likely to get lynched?

I say we turn our eyes to someone who has yet to claim a power roll...

My suspicions? Anima and Bahamut.

I started thinking about Bahamut on the basis of his day one not saving himself vote showed him to be townie, but I think that he either slipped up and didn't think to change his vote, or he hoped someone else would change so he would look innocent by default. All things considered, there was actually a good chance of that happening when I look back on it. If anything, him showing he was there and not switching votes probably gave him more credibility then the others, and his behavior has remained consistent, unlike other suspects.

As of now, Bahamut is my main suspect for Cult Leader.
    You weren't really on my suspicion list, Odin. You're exaggerating when you say "everyone's" list. Be more specific.

I see that you've listed reasons why you suspect me. Why are there no reasons listed for why you suspect Anima?

And yes, I myself already went over the reasons that I could have claimed Death Miller if I was a Cult Leader. However, given Titan's role, there is supposedly a way to confirm my claim. I'm fairly confident a Psychologist's investigation on me would return a Sane result. (Fairly confident, meaning a Dud supposedly came back Insane... so, yeah. No idea if that would actually work.)

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ramuh View Post
    I don't suspect Bahamut as Cult Leader, because his claim of Death Miller would have been completely stupid.
    Why would claiming Death Miller be a stupid claim to cover myself as Cult Leader when we were unsure of Titan's supposed ability?

Also, going back to Titan investigating me, I'd much rather not since I'm Town aligned anyway. Like I've said before, Town players' night actions directed toward me are wasting time for the Town.

Let it also be said again that the only roles to be believed outright are the roles of the players who have died so far.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Odin View Post
    But once we figured cult existed, what would that even mean at that point? It's barely effective at misleading anyone in this game for the lack of deaths that ensued.
    Your Emperor-God believes that Serial Killer is part II of that puzzle. That he only managed to acquire one kill probably was not planned for by the fates.

A cult member is innocent upon cop investigation (at least it was in country mafia) and so why would saying you would read guilty and flip mafia be a good thing to say when if were in fact cult?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Bahamut View Post
    Ifrit, if the Town's strategy includes not asking Titan to divulge his night action targets and results, who else can we ask? If the roleclaims thus far are true, then you and Carbuncle also have night actions. Are we at liberty to inquire what they did last night?
    Why do you ask?

I get that the dud could have thought he was a bomb, but what I'm not sure of is how he could come up insane.

The point is, after the serial killer is gone, the deception of a death miller is doomed to fail. There really is no point in having a death miller. Deaths would have stopped, outside of the ones you yourself caused. And look at how easy it was to find out about a cult. Would the death miller being lynched really have stopped this revelation? I don't think it would have had any effect.

And Serial killers dying early happens almost every game they are in. I don't see how they couldn't have forseen that happening. Honestly, the Death Miller is a useless role for this game, so I see no reason to believe the claim.

Discovering the Cult was not easy as it took 3 whole game days to do it. :/ And we haven't lynched a member yet, so we still can't be 100%

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ifrit View Post
    I believe Brother Odin's conditions seem a perfectly fair and reasonable thing to follow. As for my own night actions, as St. Yuna has divulged to me that there is no mafia, I do not feel uneasy to reveal to you that last night I had Doctor powers, and I chose to protect myself, the Emperor-God.

Brother Bahamut, I take no pride in using this method to divine your identity. It is simply not your fault. However, I saw this post and I simply cannot unsee it. I must enquire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia
    Actually, he's been gone since last night, which was one of the reasons the night lasted so long. Been shopping around for replacements, can't seem to find one.
    This post was made in the mafia discussion thread (post #127) about your predecessor, Bahamut I.

If you are not in possession of a night action, why would you be holding up the night?

Unfair play, Ifrit.

I can only say that perhaps Rydia was insuring that all accounts were in play before continuing the game. A moderator's out-of-game statements should hold no sway over our decisions or inquiries.

However, if you doubt me, I will martyr myself today to prove that I flip "Mafia Goon" given that the entire town is in agreement. I have "yet" to be recruited by a supposed Cult. Given that no one has died at night recently, this way may be the only way to prove my claim. Obviously, I'd rather it not happen but this is the way it usually works for me in the game of Mafia. xD

I agree it is unfair play, however, Brother Bahamut, as I said, I had already seen it. The prophecy would've factored into my decisions about you regardless. I thought it fairer to hear your voice on the matter than to simply hold it inside of me all this time, I do hope you understand.

Regardless, I believe you are one of the true believers, and not tainted by the Cult's deceit and lies.

Gah, I was trying to avoid using that quote. I didn't want to pull a stupid comment from Rydia to justify my claims. Honestly though, I suspected Bahamut before remembering that one. ;P

As I asked before who you believe would be most likely recruited by cult. Let's take this on a day-by-day basis.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4