Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of the few things that disapointed me (Vincent related)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default One of the few things that disapointed me (Vincent related)

Is that having Vincent in your team never altered any of your encounters with the Turks in anyway. I realize Vincent is an optional character, and that his main storyline is connected to Hojo more than anyone else connected to Shinra, but I just thought that seeing as that Vincent is a Turk, the other Turks should have atleast commented on the fact that he was betraying them or something (like how President Shinra coments on Cloud being a "traitor" because he's with Avalanche now).

Thoughts?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The developers did not put in many scenarios for Yuffie and Vincent because of their status as optional characters as you mentioned. I would like to see this changed and their stories intertwined seamlessly with the rest of the cast in a potential remake.

Do you think that the current generation of Turks would know who Vincent is since he was from several generations prior and had not aged since his disappearance?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They probably wouldn't know him personally, but they may know "of" him or a certain look about him, or his mannerisms.

I really would have liked to have seen it as well, MJN, good point!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Considering Vincent was a Turk likely before any of the current Turks were even born, it's not so surprising.

However, one of my main criticisms of FF7's story is the fact that Hojo was not utilized better, and Vincent certainly would have played a part in that development.

Vincent didn't seem like a very good turk anyway, he just went to sleep under trees and behaved really innappropriately with the people he was assigned to protect. Get involved with all there business and trying to tell them what to do with their own kid. Granted they probably should have listened but still, wasn't very professional of him.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Dirge... I want to know more about Grimoire Valentine. He looked like an older version of the Vincent we know and love (complete with gun).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Get involved with all there business and trying to tell them what to do with their own kid. Granted they probably should have listened but still, wasn't very professional of him.
    Yeah, that "don't torture and experiment on some innocent baby" attitude of his is just SO nosy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Yeah, that "don't torture and experiment on some innocent baby" attitude of his is just SO nosy.
    Lol

But yeah, I'd like to see more of Grimoire, you just know he was tapping Lucrecia before Hojo got his grubby mits on her and Vincent started fawning over her.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Yeah I wish they had, sucks that they didn't.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Vincent does get some nice dialogue if you take him with you to confront Hojo on the Sister Ray (Barrett is the other must-have of course).

On topic of Vincent, has anyone seen him kick Aerith? (this could also be considered unprofessional i suppose) Is it just a rumour?
    Was he even a Turk for that long anyway?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Vincent stopped being a Turk not long after Sephiroth was born (when Hojo experimented on him), which would be well before Aerith was born.

Blog Entries

I never liked his shoes.

i know, his shoes were silly. It always annoyed me that he didn't get changed out of those skanky clothes he'd been asleep in for 30 year. he must have stunk
    Remember that well.

they always reminded me of goofys shoes lol