Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lightning's real name... (spoilers)

Blog Entries

I think I'd prefer it to FFX/X-2's Lord Tidus Voldemort syndrome
    (Rikku even refers to him as you-know-who at one point)

As for Eclair, maybe when it's acceptable for a lead female video game character to be a porker

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOrigins View Post
    Eclaire? What was Nomura doing when he thought that was an exotic name o.o? It would be pretty epic to have everyone calling her it though.
    I wish there was a game where they would pronounce the names you give the characters, that would be cool. Especially as I usually rename the characters to the names of the end bosses of every Final Fantasy. "Isn't that right, Zeromus?" =)
    What, like the Microsoft Speech guy pronouncing the names. Now that would be epic.
    Maybe a bit better than Microsoft Sam, but along the same lines. Maybe you could record names yourself for characters...
    You dont understand, with gravity slain we can FLY!

Screwing with your minds since 1994!

I am a coding beast!
    Languages learnt:C, C++, C#, D3D, VB, PHP/HTML, Reverse Engineering, x64 assembly and Python.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    I think I'd prefer it to FFX/X-2's Lord Tidus Voldemort syndrome
    (Rikku even refers to him as you-know-who at one point)

As for Eclair, maybe when it's acceptable for a lead female video game character to be a porker
    LOL

Yeah, but in the Harry Potter saga, his more appropriate referral is He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

And perhaps they should have made a female Don Corneo in XIII and caller her "Eclair."
    Is that your final answer?

Éclair... Ah, to share a name with a kind of long custard-filled French doughnut... She must get discount at the bakery!

.Following the path for truth.

ROTFLOL

But I thought she was the owner of that bakery, or maybe her parents and sister were the owners...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    ROTFLOL

But I thought she was the owner of that bakery, or maybe her parents and sister were the owners...
    Her parents who are dead? That would be an interesting bakery then
    You dont understand, with gravity slain we can FLY!

Screwing with your minds since 1994!

I am a coding beast!
    Languages learnt:C, C++, C#, D3D, VB, PHP/HTML, Reverse Engineering, x64 assembly and Python.

And then of course, Claire and Serah would inherit the bake shop...

Well I prefer Eclair over the more common sounding Claire in the English version. Claire is also a French name which means "Clear" and it also happens to be an anagram of Eclair.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

The name "Claire" is loosely related to the sky in that there are days with "clear skies," but her alias of "Lightning" is the proper representation of Tetsuya Nomura's sky-based naming trend.

Also, "Eclair" is the French word for lightning, but it's also the name of a bakery pastry with custard cream filling and chocolate fudge topping.