Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you sell your games? Why?

Question Do you sell your games? Why?

I've been thinking about getting rid of some of my games lately, as I realised I bought many of them and played half of them decently (usually finished) and the other half, barely at all if at all.

So do you sell your games when finished with them or do you keep them?
    When is the time you sell games? i.e. no longer fun, boring, complete etc...
    And where do you sell them?

I generally keep ones that I've really enjoyed. But the thought of selling games seems a bit odd to me as I also like to keep/collect/show off games... even if I don't particulary like them or play them.

Games that I'm thinking of selling:
    PS3:
    Cid Mier's Civilisation Revolution - demo was good played for a while,but just takes forever to play, haven't played in a few months
    Tomb Raider Underworld - bought last week, just didn't enjoy it, even though it looked really pretty
    Soulcalibur 4 (possibly) - just gets frustrating online... getting less enjoyable
    PS2:
    Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - played a few hours of 1 was ok ut not drawn in too much, and havnt played 2 due to assuming I need ot finish 1 first
    Need For Speed Most Wanted - played once on ps3 and thought was rubbish, looked horrible and slow
    Okami - didn't get what the hype was about, got boring/repetitive fast

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I rarely sell my games. Most games I buy I know I will enjoy to some degree so I intend to keep them. As time goes on, I'm always glad I have them, especially as they become older and harder to find.
    Figaro Castle

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not that poor.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I generally trade in or sell games I don't play anymore so I can have money for new ones (do note that 'new' does not always mean 'new' in the sense of new releases, even really old games can be new to me if I've never played them )

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Nevar. Then again, I very rarely buy new ones either. xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like having a large collection of games, so no

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Very rarely anymore. I traded a few things in to get a new 360 when my old one broke, but otherwise I don't these days.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My mom's development has a big yard sale date once a year, and I've sold some old games at that. I'll dig through and pick out all previous years' sports games and other games that I never play and sell them really cheap.

I don't care enough to go to a gamestore and sell all of my games, though. I rarely buy new games nowadays anyway, so most of my current stock I intend on keeping.

I never sell my games, and I always end up with large collections.

One of my friends is trying to get me to start pirating DS, Wii, and PC games (3 of the 4 platforms I play on). I refuse to do so because I like having the game, even if I don't ever intend to play it again. In the long run, I could play it again, and they're not really that expensive. Maybe if you're like him and you get 5 new games every week. I honestly get so annoyed that I haven't even beaten the last game he told me was awesome and to get, and he's already saying, "Oh get this game, and this one." I've gotten to the point that as soon as he mentions I game I just say, not interested.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Yea I sell my games sometimes. Games I'll probably never play again. And to cover me on "New" games. I've got a bunch of old games that'll net me like 2 dollars so I don't bother with them and keep them.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I sell my games because i need money to buy other games..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have never sold any of my games nor do I plan on it any time in the future. I don't like the idea of me selling a game for $5 and then Gamestop turning around and charging triple that price.

Articles
    Blog Entries

No. And there's really no one reason for it - it's just something I don't do and doesn't ever occur to me.

I would like to think I buy games that I know I'll like for a long time. I'm always going back and replaying older games, even newer PS3 ones.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - played a few hours of 1 was ok ut not drawn in too much, and havnt played 2 due to assuming I need ot finish 1 first
    Okami - didn't get what the hype was about, got boring/repetitive fast

WHAAAAT!

I like having a collection and the paltry sum I can get for selling the game is not worth more than the satisfaction of seeing it on my shelf, and who knows. Once in a blue moon I might actually play it again.

The idea of selling a game so that I might get another game for 5 bucks less just doesn't seem appealing to me and the GameStop model makes me sick in my mouth knowing that someone sold back a game, got very little for it, and if it's new enough you'll see it on the shelf for $57 used when it's $60 new. To hell with that.