Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The first of a new experience

I have played both the original NES rom and the DS version. I enjoyed the NES version very much, but I enjoyed the DS version alot more. I like how the classes were more balanced in the DS version as opposed to the NES version where some were just overpowered. I also like how the DS version doesn't really force you to use certain jobs in certain parts of the game. I also like how the difficulty was balanced. Like I said, I enjoyed playing the NES rom. But the DS version will always be a winner for me.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I can overlook lackluster story telling in a Famicom game, but not in a DS game. Some of the serious scenes in the DS version actually make me laugh out loud, because the dialogue is just so unimaginative:

"WARRIORS OF LIGHT, I HAVE COME TO THIS PLACE TO DESTROY YOU BY ORDER OF XANDE. YOU WILL MEET YOUR DOOM, NOW, AT THIS TIME. AFTER I DESTROY YOU, I WILL TAKE THE POWERS OF THE CRYSTAL AND HAVE POWERS."

I enjoy the remake, despite that, though. I just don't feel much about the characters' plights.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    A lot of the job classes were adorable in the remake.
    Refia's Black Mage outfit won me over instantly! It was the big bow!

I'm taken with the Geomancer outfit, too! Both Refia and Arc are Geomancers in my current game, so I can't tell that Arc isn't a girl. Geomancer also happens to be my favorite job so far, because it doesn't rely on weapons or MP, yet is really powerful. With two Geomancers in my party, I feel like I have an unfair advantage in boss fights. =O
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 07-16-2010 at 10:44 AM.