Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Alexander McQueen dead :(

Hm, unfortunately I was only led to this thread via the now official suicide thread. But now that I'm here and learned his work. I'm really quite mesmerized. I love what he did with fluffy and twirly things and gradients and textures/props (I like how that one dress looks like an upside down tulip, and this blows me away)

My condolences scrumples, and his fans :[

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    Dammit why can't I find any photoshoots

I am so proud of MILF and DK. We've learned something today
    Ooo, I like that outfit. It would be cool if the dress part was more of a vibrant color though. Some of his stuff is aight, but some of it I think is atrocious. Though I can see why fashionistas look up to him and why his death is such a tragedy. It's always unfortunate when talented people die.

Ok, I've never really understood this kind of fashion. Every catwalk thing I've seen I've thought "That just looks stupid, who would wear that".

But what it's supposed to be is art? Because that would make much more sense.
    Wouldn't that make him an artist though? It's hardly clothes fashion, I know I would never want to be seen in that stuff....if I was a girl.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fashion designers are artists. Just like photographers are artists, so are musicians, painters, composers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Fashion designers are artists. Just like photographers are artists, so are musicians, painters, composers, etc.
    Ah I see. I suppose it's just because I know nothing about the fashion world. I always associate "fashion designers" with new clothes that people wear.