View Poll Results: Should this PS3 exclusive go Multi-platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Lets see this make its way over to 360!

16 37.21%
  • NO! we want this to stay as a PS3 Exclusive!

27 62.79%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It doesn't matter to me at all. Though like WK, I'd like to have more information about this game.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just for clarification when I said "good game" I was taking the angle that if it was bad, they wouldn't care if 360 got it. So it rests on the presumption that it will be good, but just letting you know that this is not my presumption

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Square never said XIII was going to be exclusive. Everyone just assumed while the trailers for Versus have it right at the beginning and/or end. Even if that wasn't the case most people wouldn't like being lied to twice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Square never said XIII was going to be exclusive.
    Except for two years or so they did, and until the English version was announced it was exclusive, as it remains in Japan.

Yoshinori Kitase mentioned it last month for example during a short interview. So it will be PS 3 exclusive.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I could care less if it goes multi-platform or not. I'd rather just get real substantial info.
    I have to agree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by cetra1 View Post
    Yoshinori Kitase mentioned it last month for example during a short interview. So it will be PS 3 exclusive.
    i believe he was talking about in Japan! If you've been keeping up with FFXIII you would have known that its coming out for 360 here in North America alongside the PS3 version.

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    If you've been keeping up with FFXIII you would have known that its coming out for 360 here in North America alongside the PS3 version.
    He was in Munich last month and there one of his answer in a short interview was "Versus will be PS 3 exclusive.". I do not know why they were in Munich but the webmaster of a german Final Fantasy site was there because he got the chance for a short interview and one of his questions was about Versus. He asked him something about Final Fantasy XIII, XIII Versus and the chance of an FF VII remake (of course he got the answer, we still know - no exact answer, just that a remake would need much time).
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-15-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You quoting me when I was talking about XIII not Versus XIII I think you're confused. I already knew it's intending to be a PS3 exclusive as I mentioned that it's trailers state it.

You quoting me when I was talking about XIII not Versus XIII I think you're confused. I already knew it's intending to be a PS3 exclusive as I mentioned that it's trailers state it.
    Indeed, but I do not know why you mention Final Fantasy XIII in a XIII Versus thread. SO I thought you would mean XIII Versus.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If FFXIII does well on the XBox 360 I wouldn't put it past Wada to request that they prepare for a porting process. There really wouldn't be any reason not to.

But I want it to stay exclusive, and I can't believe after rounds of sound explanations and justifications, people still chalk this up to only one possible sole reason, because of arbitrary brand loyalty.

There's already a growing class of a PS3 games which are on a technical level that 360 (and certainly Wii) games have not yet been able to approach. I want FFvXIII to be as good a game as it can be, it should be in this class of game. That's where Final Fantasy belongs, Versus should be the game to set things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    If FFXIII does well on the XBox 360 I wouldn't put it past Wada to request that they prepare for a porting process. There really wouldn't be any reason not to.

But I want it to stay exclusive, and I can't believe after rounds of sound explanations and justifications, people still chalk this up to only one possible sole reason, because of arbitrary brand loyalty.

There's already a growing class of a PS3 games which are on a technical level that 360 (and certainly Wii) games have not yet been able to approach. I want FFvXIII to be as good a game as it can be, it should be in this class of game. That's where Final Fantasy belongs, Versus should be the game to set things right.
    seconded! People scream out fanboyism and consolewar-tard, but the reality is simple... PS3 is technically capable of feats which other consoles can't. It's not brand loyalty it' just that the system is more advanced and as such PS3-exclusive games look and play amazingly. The only argument i can really see against this is that we're shutting out a broader audience if this doesn't get ported over to 360 and personally i want everyone to enjoy the magic that is Final Fantasy.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

If they put it on both they presumably have a bigger predicted sales and thus a larger development budget. And since the technical level of the graphics are probably one of the elements I care the least about in a game multi-platform is all win for me.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post

I would agree with you if I had any faith in SE being able to use the hardware for more than cosmetic design or to implement changes that have been addressed recently by other and even older titles (Load times, random encounters, Bitching afros) but with the lack of information on the title and no real idea what to expect for vXIII, I must look at what SE has accomplished with FFXIII and I feel all a PS3 exclusiveness would have given the title was more graphical polish and not an any actual step towards really bringing in new ways to experience the game and redefine the idea of what a JRPG is. Because of this, I can't say I really care to see the game stay exclusive cause I'm bored of SE's ad campaign of secrecy and thus have lost interest in the title altogether.

In a nutshell: I'm indifferent to vXIII cause there is seriously nothing to be excited about. I also have little faith in SE pulling off a AAA console title on a next gen system that is befitting of the reputation the series enjoyed 15 years ago. I'm actually more excited for Agito of all things which is sadly been left in the dust by gaming journalists.

Personally I'd like to get real details for this game since a lot of people are already treating it as the Second Coming without seeing much beyond the initial teaser trailer.

I could care less if it goes multi-platform or not. I'd rather just get real substantial info.
    ^ This.

I'd love to find out more info on this. I understand that the graphical difference between the original intended graphics for the PS3 versions of FF XIII compared to the "altered" graphics to fit the 360 and PS3 simultaneously are in fact able to be noticed, but are so slim and minor that it's ridiculous to hear the over-exaggeration on the issue. Chances are that FF XIII Versus won't be much different if it even encounters the need to compensate with the disc issue that XIII had. I'm all for this game being multi-platform. This topic seems like flamebait for yet another war between console fanboys to me, so I think it could get interesting up in here.

For the record, I have both of these consoles as well as many games on both of them, so don't insinuate that I have partiality here.

In a nutshell: I'm indifferent to vXIII cause there is seriously nothing to be excited about.
    Are you kidding me? Noctis looks hot. I'm quite sure that he's probably poorly-written based on how Japanese authors generally write characters who look like that, but I'll wait until after I play the game to rage how annoying he probably is.