View Poll Results: Should this PS3 exclusive go Multi-platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Lets see this make its way over to 360!

16 37.21%
  • NO! we want this to stay as a PS3 Exclusive!

27 62.79%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    According to Barry Manilow this is very distinctly not the Halo killer it was hyped as. Or even anything more than average.
    I see Barry Manilow has very informed and qualified opinions backed up by sufficient personal experience.
    Derp, sorry. Barry Manilow is a nickname for my best friend, Michael. He's been playing games as long as I have and we have very similar tastes, so I trust what he says about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

According to Barry Manilow this is very distinctly not the Halo killer it was hyped as. Or even anything more than average.
    I see Barry Manilow has very informed and qualified opinions backed up by sufficient personal experience.
    Derp, sorry. Barry Manilow is a nickname for my best friend, Michael. He's been playing games as long as I have and we have very similar tastes, so I trust what he says about it.
    I see.

Still, I'd like to know a single area other than community features that Killzone doesn't far surpass Halo at.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, all of them. As I said he's my best friend, and we have very similar taste. *Shrugs* I know it's not fair, but I'm going to trust him over you

Articles
    Blog Entries

Apparently, all of them. As I said he's my best friend, and we have very similar taste. *Shrugs* I know it's not fair, but I'm going to trust him over you
    All of them, so you'd give deference to the opinion of someone who implies Halo has better character modelling, lighting, textures, clan support, hit detection, animation, and AI over Killzone?

I'm messing with you, but ON TOPIC

In light of the end result of the PS3 version and emerging screenshot comparisons, I think it's safe to say a multiplatform route for FFvXIII wouldn't stop SE from making a visually stunning game, on both consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Okay, alright. I think you're massively overstating the relative power of the consoles, but to avoid someone listing a million technical specs that nobody wants to read anyway, let's just assume you're not and there is a huge gap between the PS3 and the 360.
    You might as well have said 'Before you decide to list your 'evidence' and 'facts' that no one cares about'.

But yeah, I'd rather it remain PS3 exclusive because I do in fact have a PS3, and it is capable of higher performance, and a Multi-plat runs the risk of potential quality drops.

Bayonnetta for example. PS3 games have no real problem with load times, with a few exceptions. Most of these exceptions, especially in this game, are really only prelevant in Cross Platform games.

This likely rises from the games being made for 360 and ported to PS3, as it's easier and cheaper to do that then the other way around.

It doesn't always happen, but it runs the risk of doing so. And honestly, I don't care nearly as much about another person's gaming experience as I do my own, and I would like any possible risks at a decrease in that experience eliminated.

Mind you though, not at the cost of a company like Square dying out. But as has been show, games are doing very well on the PS3, so releasing a game that's PS3 exclusive isn't going to put the company under or anything, and as long as it's quality stuff they will keep going.

I really don't have a reason to desire anything other then PS3 exclusive.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All of them, so you'd give deference to the opinion of someone who implies Halo has better character modelling, lighting, textures, clan support, hit detection, animation, and AI over Killzone?

Okay maybe not all of them, just ones that matter, like gameplay, immersion, playability, and raw fun.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I see.

Still, I'd like to know a single area other than community features that Killzone doesn't far surpass Halo at.
    Played, both, I like Halo better.

There is nothing in Killzone that is so "amazing" that it couldn't have been done on the xbox360. Maybe it wouldn't have looked quite as good on an LCD-HD TV, but it would've played the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    PS3 exclusive for like a year and then multi-platform.
    Agreed. This is the only I'd have any faith the game's draw. The initial system being used is PS3, right? So if they rush out a Xbox version, it'll likely be a bit hacky and will make stomachs turn. The game needs to be released on PS3, then if they have time, Squee can wrap their nerdy-eggshaped heads around mapping the game to XBOX0.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

There is nothing in Killzone that is so "amazing" that it couldn't have been done on the xbox360. Maybe it wouldn't have looked quite as good on an LCD-HD TV, but it would've played the same.
    I have to agree with this. I played both, but I still prefer Halo a lot more. And yeah to be honest, they would have played the same. It's a fact that cell technology exceeds what the 360 is capable of, but in all honesty a game like Killzone 2 isn't really using its full potential at all.

If this game ends up being multi-platform, then I'm going to get it for the PS3 obviously. However, I'm going to laugh my ass off if it does turn out to be multi-platform. That would be smurfing great.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

Got nothing to do with TVs really. Killzone is a lot better imo, and this is coming from someone who LOVED the first Halo and HATED the first Killzone.
    Although I havent read all these replies and dont know what those games have to do with anything so im probably just throwing fuel on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    PS3 exclusive for like a year and then multi-platform.
    Agreed. This is the only I'd have any faith the game's draw. The initial system being used is PS3, right? So if they rush out a Xbox version, it'll likely be a bit hacky and will make stomachs turn. The game needs to be released on PS3, then if they have time, Squee can wrap their nerdy-eggshaped heads around mapping the game to XBOX0.
    I would agree with this!
    Last edited by Croyles; 02-20-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Someone agrees with me?

...well, I mean, I guess it's also agreeing with Meat Puppet, but still... awesome.

I think the broader question is would 360 owners be satisfied if they do release a sub-par version of vXIII? i mean now the comparison shots are coming in and apparently FFXIII on 360 isn't even in HD...its running on 576p and it'll be unscaled and blown up if you have a HDTV. Would 360 owners really want something like that to happen to vXIII?

That could also go the other way and maybe SE learns from their mistake and spend more time making a better port running perfect resolution on both consoles.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Non-HD games are being marketed as 720p all the time, this is nothing new.

And the FF13 port is probably very rushed, and a poor example of how vs13 could look if they used a bit more time on it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Non-HD games are being marketed as 720p all the time, this is nothing new.

And the FF13 port is probably very rushed, and a poor example of how vs13 could look if they used a bit more time on it.
    Yeah they're marketed like that, but that's becuase the games will shift their native resolution when put on a TV that upscales them. Have you seen the comparrison shots of the PS3 vs 360? The 360 looks alot less crisp and kinda pixelated at detailed spots, whereas the PS3 version is clean and polished and resembles quality similar to the AC BLU-RAY!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

[QUOTE=nirojan;2797220]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    the games will shift their native resolution when put on a TV that upscales them.
    Do you understand what you said right there? And even if you did, you're still wrong.

When a game uses a sub-HD resolution, what's done is that the 3D part of the game is rendered at for example 576p, then upscaled to 720p. Then, the 2D graphics (such as HP gauges, ammo counters etc) in the game are usually put on top of that in 720p, because these don't require a lot of extra processing power just for being a tad bigger. Having a TV capable of a particular HD resolution will *never* make the game render the 3D in a higher resolution, if it couldn't even do 720p in the first place.

And yes, I've seen the PS3/360 comparasions, in fact, I was the first one to link to it on this forum. The reason the upscaling looks so much worse than usual, is because of the dithered transparency used in the game, this particular type of pseudo-transparency is hard to make look good when upscaled.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?