View Poll Results: Should this PS3 exclusive go Multi-platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Lets see this make its way over to 360!

16 37.21%
  • NO! we want this to stay as a PS3 Exclusive!

27 62.79%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Owning both a PS3 and Xbox 360 feels so pointless. They pretty much have the exact same games.

btw, my main point was that the damage had already been done with FFXIII.
    I hate you....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    I think the broader question is would 360 owners be satisfied if they do release a sub-par version of vXIII?
    I would be, unless the game itself is terrible anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have no problem if it goes multiplatform - I intend on purchasing a PS3 and already have an Xbox360, but still, I wouldn't have a problem. I encourage this end of things these days as it means that more people are able to play more games. and that's a good thing.

As for the debate over whether or not FFXIII Versus is gonna be anything great or not - All I care about is this: "[Nomura] has also stated that the development team have been implementing a traversable world map, used in the main Final Fantasy series up until its removal in Final Fantasy X"

That may sound like a silly reason to buy a game, but this is about 99% of the reason that I want to buy this game. Really. I just like to make little FF characters move around little spheres. This is how I define joy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I have no problem if it goes multiplatform - I intend on purchasing a PS3 and already have an Xbox360, but still, I wouldn't have a problem. I encourage this end of things these days as it means that more people are able to play more games. and that's a good thing.
    I think this is a great attitude. Owning all these consoles, I'll prefer it on the PS3 anyways since that's the one it's being developed for [unless a supposed 360 version might come with something special, but I doubt it]. But I don't mind if it goes to the 360 as well. In fact I'd encourage it, because it'd be nice to discuss this game with some of my friends that happen to only own a 360. I think it's quite petty, childish, and selfish to want it to be exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    the games will shift their native resolution when put on a TV that upscales them.
    Do you understand what you said right there? And even if you did, you're still wrong.

When a game uses a sub-HD resolution, what's done is that the 3D part of the game is rendered at for example 576p, then upscaled to 720p. Then, the 2D graphics (such as HP gauges, ammo counters etc) in the game are usually put on top of that in 720p, because these don't require a lot of extra processing power just for being a tad bigger. Having a TV capable of a particular HD resolution will *never* make the game render the 3D in a higher resolution, if it couldn't even do 720p in the first place.

And yes, I've seen the PS3/360 comparasions, in fact, I was the first one to link to it on this forum. The reason the upscaling looks so much worse than usual, is because of the dithered transparency used in the game, this particular type of pseudo-transparency is hard to make look good when upscaled.
    im agreeing with you clownface!
    All i said was that when games aren't 720p or Full 1080p, they will get stretched by the HDTV that upscales them. Its like on Photoshop when you stretch pictures. Take Modern Warfare 2 for example. On the consoles (360, PS3) it was actually running at 600p, but on the back cover it says supported HD output: 720p, 1080i, 1080p. All that means is that it will get stretched out when playing it. I was agreeing with what you said and adding to it... my apologies if it seemed like a rebuttal or a counter-argument. On a side note the PC version of MW2 seems to go to full 1080p...woot PC FTW!!!!!

anyways i hope when vXIII reaches the 360 (only a matter of time folks) it will have a better conversion than what XIII had.
    Last edited by nirojan; 03-01-2010 at 07:56 PM.

For the number of people agreeing that it should be available on the X360, im suprised the "No, stay on PS3" category is winning.
    "The last face you see before the world comes crumbling around you"

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth45 View Post
    For the number of people agreeing that it should be available on the X360, im suprised the "No, stay on PS3" category is winning.
    Haha, have you read some of the other responses in this thread? Even though versus XIII is being developed FOR the PS3, and a port over to the 360 is highly unlikely to have any effect on the PS3 version as was the case with XIII "afterall" [basically understood by the article that Mirage posted in the other topic], they want it exclusive anyways. If it didn't remain exclusive then they wouldn't be able to have a bigger console-penis [what the hell?] than people who own only an Xbox 360.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

anyways i hope when vXIII reaches the 360 (only a matter of time folks)
    I don't think it's only a matter of time. There have been no announcements to say that it will be released on the 360 at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it remains exclusive.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I don't think it's only a matter of time. There have been no announcements to say that it will be released on the 360 at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it remains exclusive.
    hey thats what they said about FFXIII....look what happened!

hey thats what they said about FFXIII....look what happened!
    Actually all those trailers claiming that "Final Fantasy 13 was a PS3 exclusive" were in Japanese. If you were paying attention to Japan's launch, you would have noticed that it only came out on PS3 in Japan.

It's because all of you jumped the gun and hoped on the band wagan way back when thinking it was an exclusive. You were too impatient to wait for any international trailers, which should've been the only ones that mattered to you.

Unlike 13, Versus XIII's trailer (devoid of any dialogue) said "Exclusively for PS3 WORLDWIDE" at the ending. It was not a Japanese trailer or any region-specific trailer. This was the international trailer and the real thing you should've noticed!
    "The last face you see before the world comes crumbling around you"

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth45 View Post
    Actually all those trailers claiming that "Final Fantasy 13 was a PS3 exclusive" were in Japanese. If you were paying attention to Japan's launch, you would have noticed that it only came out on PS3 in Japan.
    It's still available for the 360 in Japan by order only.

I think this is a tired suject, I've been a Final Fantasy fan for years now and I want to play XIII but I don't want a PS3 so I think it's great!
    Not to meantion it was with Ninetendo 'til VII and then you could say it "betrayed them" too in going with Sony.
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"[Nomura] has also stated that the development team have been implementing a traversable world map, used in the main Final Fantasy series up until its removal in Final Fantasy X"

That may sound like a silly reason to buy a game, but this is about 99% of the reason that I want to buy this game. Really. I just like to make little FF characters move around little spheres. This is how I define joy.
    I'm excited about this. I'm still going to get XIII and will appreciate it for what it is, but I have really missed a World Map. Where I can fly an airship to wherever I want. I've always been more excited about Versus than XIII since the first trailer (which was super dark and atmospheric), and hopefully its worthy of the hype I'm building for it.

For all of you that dont seem to reliaze the difference on sub HD 360 version as opposed to the full 720p PS3 version here's a video (courtesy of GameTrailers):

Final Fantasy XIII Video Game, 360/PS3 Comparison HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Is this what you want happening on vXIII? The CG scenes on PS3 are noticably better, but gameplay is pretty much the same!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm sure lots of 360 owners are satisfied with their copy of FF13. And it is no doubt a zillion times better than not playing it at all.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?