View Poll Results: Should this PS3 exclusive go Multi-platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Lets see this make its way over to 360!

16 37.21%
  • NO! we want this to stay as a PS3 Exclusive!

27 62.79%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

XIII's sold a lot more on PS3 than 360. So, will that fact convince Square not to make Versus go multiplatform? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Only reason to argue that it should be exclusive is if you're butthurt about dirty foreign Microsoft lovers enjoying a good game itbt
    Are you kidding me!? That's the only reason!? You have to factor in that it will take them extra development time to get the 360 version working, delaying the release of the PS3 version if they want a simultaneous release.

Please, I'd rather have them focus on one platform rather than waste their time on a platform I don't own. Have those men that would work on the 360 version do something else.

It may be better for the people with only a 360, but I'm only looking out for my best interests.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Has anyone heard any news about Versus lately? I'm at work and most gaming sites are blocked here. Even the EoFF frontsite! I've found a bunch of links using Google News but can't get to anything at all. Most mention the focus on "story-driven gameplay".
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I heard you will have the ability to fly an airship around the world map from IGN

The reason i want it to stay ps3 exclusive is that there is a lot more room on a blu ray disk than on a dvd and I don't want stuff to have to get cut from the game to fit a small number of dvds for a 360 version

edit:also, having the game on one blue ray will allow for backtracking that was cut out of xiii
    Last edited by milramyah; 03-19-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: more stuff

Just Had to share this:
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII Could Go Multi - X360 News at IGN

Apparently Wada is "Considering it". If you really want to LOL read the comments on the page...the flame wars are worse than here(not soo bad here actually)!
    EDIT: MERGED!
    Last edited by nirojan; 05-19-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The only thing we got from nonexclusivity was flamewars, a mediocre main-series Final Fantasy, and substandard port of said mediocre game.

The end product of Final Fantasy XIII only added to the reasons of why it shouldn't go multiplatform.

I'm a gamer, and I'd much rather have a great, polished game than a rushed game that more people can enjoy. At the end of the day, everyone can enjoy a PS3-exclusive FF by simply buying a PS3. It's a wonderful system with a deep library of various genres and the top-tier games in each of them, not to mention incredible functionality, with a new game raising the bar always on the horizon.

to be honest, I'd truly prefer the PS3 to be able to get an exclusive FF title, and for a long time I thought that title was going to be Versus. It may still be, but the fact remains that you can do a little more with a blu ray disc than you can a dvd. I own both a 360 and PS3, and I love them both for different reasons. But if there's one thing I've learned from playing them both back and forth is that things look slightly better on the PS3, especially when the devs started with the PS3 programming in mind. In other cases, I've seen 360 games look slightly better when the programming was originally done for the 360. In the end, I love my PS3. Whether it's multi or not, I'll be buying it for PS3, as I did with FFXIII. But seriously...I will be angry when the game is delayed monumentally because of the porting process. Or if anything gets downgraded or cut, because Nomura is touting Versus as having way more interactive content than XIII (world map, towns, etc...) and I don't want anything to be sacrificed. I didn't criticize XIII for lacking these things, but I'd love to see an HD FF do it again. And for the love of God....let's get some more info on this thing already.
    yes, i'm a FFXIII fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    The only thing we got from nonexclusivity was flamewars, a mediocre main-series Final Fantasy, and substandard port of said mediocre game.

The end product of Final Fantasy XIII only added to the reasons of why it shouldn't go multiplatform.

I'm a gamer, and I'd much rather have a great, polished game than a rushed game that more people can enjoy. At the end of the day, everyone can enjoy a PS3-exclusive FF by simply buying a PS3. It's a wonderful system with a deep library of various genres and the top-tier games in each of them, not to mention incredible functionality, with a new game raising the bar always on the horizon.
    THIS. Everything that was wrong with FFXIII could be linked to its nonexclusivity.
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Has anyone heard any news about Versus lately? I'm at work and most gaming sites are blocked here. Even the EoFF frontsite! I've found a bunch of links using Google News but can't get to anything at all. Most mention the focus on "story-driven gameplay".
    Nothing new at all beside this Interview with Nomura from fan-submitted questions on Twitter.

How far along is Versus?

"Not everything is connected together, so the various areas have different levels of progress. However, you can fly across the world map in an air ship."

What about that talk about a sequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy being under consideration?

"A Dissidia Final Fantasy sequel -- we'll work at it!" Unfortunately, this answer can mean anything. It could mean that they're actually working on a sequel. It could also mean that Nomura is working to get a sequel started. You probably shouldn't take this as confirmation that a sequel is in development, though (although it probably is -- have you seen how many copies the first one sold?).

What is your favorite character?

"I like all the characters I've made. However, the character I most encounter, Sora, is special."

You discussed a lot with Konami's Hideo Kojima in a net radio broadcast. What happened to your relationship after that?

"I occasionally receive dinner invites from Kojima."

We'd like you to start Twitter

"I have nothing to Tweet."

I'd like to know the state of Versus 13, Agito, 3rd Birthday, etc.

"I'm being stopped by producer Hashimoto."

Give us a progress report on the games you're working on, the games you're playing, and interests.

"I'd like to release two titles within the year. As for games that I'm playing, I cleared Battle Field 2 and have started playing Heavy Rain. As for interests outside of games, I'll watch any video in general."

Last edited by ShinGundam; 05-19-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

He's being stopped? Does that mean stopped from saying more, or stopped from moving the projects forward?

And ahahahaha at the "fan-submitted questions on Twitter" with a reply that they have nothing to Tweet. =] Why are they asking for questions and interviews if they have nothing to say? So annoying!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskull View Post
    THIS. Everything that was wrong with FFXIII could be linked to its nonexclusivity.
    How did you come to that conclusion? Last I checked, going multiplatform doesn't excuse bad writing and boring gameplay. You could argue that it's the reason all of the side quests are at the end, but then I'd ask what side quests since the whole thing is just Mark hunts.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It just might happen, Squenix is reporting having some of the best sales ever and part of that is XIII's success which did fairly good on both consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if Squenix chose to go multi-platform from here on out.

It really doesn't bother me too much, even if the game was still exclusive, I don't have much faith in the SE development teams anymore to pull off a AAA title anymore let alone make another great Final Fantasy. Every year it seems like SE loses another star employee. I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura decided to quit Squenix in a few years after he finishes the KH projects he's working on and decided to form his own company like almost every other Ex-Square employee. Hell, I'm surprised Ito is still around.