View Poll Results: Should this PS3 exclusive go Multi-platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Lets see this make its way over to 360!

16 37.21%
  • NO! we want this to stay as a PS3 Exclusive!

27 62.79%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

Default Final Fantasy Versus XIII Multiplatform?

Should this game be multiplatform?

Keep in mind that Nomura, the director of the project, wants it to be a PS3 exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Getting a bit specific on the Versus project, Nomura continued, "It seems that the Versus team was, from the start, trying to get the full specifications out of the PS3, and that takes time. Just the other day, during a Versus meeting, a programmer asked, 'Is it okay to program with PS3 exclusivity in mind?'." I asked why, and he said, 'If we port it to other hardware, we have to program with that in mind.' I responded, 'Of course, Versus is PS3 exclusive.'"
    Source

But that interview was back in 2007....seeing the massive success that FFXIII is probably going to take in internationally you think they might change course? Or mabey Wada would muscle him into making it multi-plat?
    Last edited by nirojan; 02-16-2010 at 01:01 AM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Only reason to argue that it should be exclusive is if you're butthurt about dirty foreign Microsoft lovers enjoying a good game itbt

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Absolutely it should be multiplaform. I'm an FF fan and have been for many years. I have absolutely no intention of getting a PS3 unless I win the lottery, and I'd love to play this game.

Plus the screeches from the people who decide to affiliate themselves with faceless corporation A were deafening when they said FFXIII would be out for the 360, so god knows what they'd do if Versus came out for it too. The entertainment I'd get from that would be the icing on the cake.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It would be very childish to wish for this game not getting released for Xbox

"Barbie's dreamhouse is my toy, nobody else can touch it, only I can play with it. Here, play with these salt and pepper shakers instead"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

You believe your statement is true and don't even attempt to address other reasons such as others not liking the idea of Square lying to them.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's not like this hasn't happened before, Final Fantasy XIII was PS3 exclusive also. Those who bought PS3 just because of Final Fantasy has already been smurfed over, Versus XIII also going multiplatform won't make any difference.

Does it really matter anyway? Isn't it better if as many people as possible gets to enjoy this game?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would be pissed if I bought a system just to play a certain game and then it gets released for one I already owned. Then again, I would wait until the game actually came out to buy that system. Like I did for FFX.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Owning both a PS3 and Xbox 360 feels so pointless. They pretty much have the exact same games.

btw, my main point was that the damage had already been done with FFXIII.

Banned

It makes no difference to me. I'd still end up buying it for PS3 because I'm scared that my 360 is going to RROD every time I play it. My PS3 gives me the comfort of not having to worry about that (teehee).

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

PS3 exclusive for like a year and then multi-platform.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Owning both a PS3 and Xbox 360 feels so pointless. They pretty much have the exact same games.
    I disagree, this long post really won't be a post directed at you, just about my thoughts on the difference between XBOX and PS3 in general.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several great games for each.

XBOX360:
    Halo Series
    Mass Effect Series
    Fable II

PS3:
    MAG
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Uncharted Series
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Gran Turismo 5
    Killzone 2

Sure, it isn't the difference between the PS1 and Nintendo 64, but a small list of exclusives is a big difference, when we're talking about games like Gran Turismo or Halo 3.

Personally, we had an XBOX only for the longest time because of Halo, people can argue about whether the game deserves the credit it gets, but I sure as hell am not going to argue with the (probably) hundreds of hours of gameplay I got online and with my friends from that game in terms of worth. So, in a personal opinion, if you bought the PS3 when both systems where just coming out, you where looking forward to more of a Single Player experience, if you got the XBOX360, you probably wanted more online and with friends (ie. Halo).

Now the two are evening up in my opinion though, but whenever I get an online game (CoD MW2) I get it for the XBOX because all my friends play that online (the same people who bought the XBOX for Halo).

And when I get a very large single player game I get it for my brother's PS3 (Fallout 3), because it will run slightly better, and look slightly nicer =P

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Don't really care, but I don't want to wait forever because they want to do the 360 version before releasing the PS3 version
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I will say keep it on the ps3.
    Im butthurt cause your mom banged me too hard last night.

Woops wrong button!

Im not really bothered, I would just prefer both consoles to have a few more exclusive titles, gives an extra layer of competition plus actual differences to the consoles.

Unless theres some sort of PSWii60 bastard console child mashup, that would be a great console!
    maybe.
    Last edited by Croyles; 02-13-2010 at 03:49 PM.

It doesn't really matter to me, I guess it's a good thing that xbox gamers gets to play this too.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Personally I'd like to get real details for this game since a lot of people are already treating it as the Second Coming without seeing much beyond the initial teaser trailer.

I could care less if it goes multi-platform or not. I'd rather just get real substantial info.