Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squall's Dead. SPOILERS

Default Squall's Dead. SPOILERS

Squall's Dead - a theory of what really happens in Final Fantasy VIII

Read through it, its quite interesting.

I think that wierd ending with Squall seeing the blurring images really makes sense now. I always wondered what the hell was going on.

We shall talk about this more when people have read the article.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Read it in NeoGaf today actually, it is very interesting. But it's obviously a way for a fan to rationalize what he believed was a bad story into something he could enjoy.

All these FFVIII theories are very weird. Some of them are interesting and all, but FFVIII would be a pretty sucky game if 12 years would pass before the first person understood it.

Funny thread title though!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You should look back at some of the theories in this forum. They are fun to read

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I agree with Bolivar. However since it makes as much sense as it does, it'll be easy for me to play through the game and honestly believe this is the case. I just started a new game recently, and I think I'll keep this article in mind when I progress through the story. I really like this theory!
    Last edited by Jessweeee♪; 02-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This guy(?) has basically spent so much time trying to find meaning he actually completly missed several cases of actual meaning! A lot of things he said that where "never explained" where explained - many of which shortly after the questions where asked! For one thing this guy has never done the shumi side quest, and he clearly didn't pay any attention to the final battle, which explains the ending.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    This guy(?) has basically spent so much time trying to find meaning he actually completly missed several cases of actual meaning! A lot of things he said that where "never explained" where explained - many of which shortly after the questions where asked! For one thing this guy has never done the shumi side quest, and he clearly didn't pay any attention to the final battle, which explains the ending.
    I think he just wasn't satisfied with the explanation that was presented. And he did do the Shumi sidequest

Of course, Moombas are explained within the context of the game. In the Shumi Village you can learn who the Moombas are, who they evolve from, and so on and so forth. The game takes the plot developments of the dream very seriously and treats them all as truth, which makes the dream theory especially difficult to argue. Sure, all this stuff seems weird, but how do we know that it’s all intended to be a dream? Maybe the creators just thought it’d be cool to have talking cats around! And who knows, maybe they did. But I think it’s more than convenient that the more fantastical elements, such as talking lions, do not appear in the game until after the moment where Squall may have died.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Man I love the Shumi sidequest. I only discovered it on my 3rd or 4th playthrough and took the time to complete it. Such a relaxing part of the story and showed some of the things FFVIII really did right. It tied in all the different groups like Fisherman's Horizon and Gardens and Moombas in a way that showed you what FFVIII is all about.

Kinda makes the game have no purpose then. If they were to do that they would be more up front about it like with Tidus or something.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

tl ; dr.

I think it's a very interesting concept and a wonderful literary device, but I couldn't quite convince myself of it. I sure wish I could though.

The points I can remember from the article that really make this theory credible are:

*Ultimechia just happens to "summon" Griever.. the same lion on squalls necklace.

*Everything in the flashback at the end of the game is from disc 1 except the rinoa in the space suit.

*Squall gets Rinoa even though she showed interest in only Seifer throughout disc 1

*Some of the events after disc 1 had no hinting to in disc 1.

The only thing in the game I can think of that doesnt, 100% confirm this theory for me is when Irvine says on the train to Deiling, "Maybe its Fate". after "re-meeting" with Selphie.

Magnificent Theory by the author though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Oath View Post
    The only thing in the game I can think of that doesnt, 100% confirm this theory for me is when Irvine says on the train to Deiling, "Maybe its Fate". after "re-meeting" with Selphie.
    This and Ellone calling Quistis by her childhood nickname "Quisty." I'm just gonna ignore it, though

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    You should look back at some of the theories in this forum. They are fun to read
    These theories are all over the internet. some of them are very fun

Just got done reading the article. Made more sense to me than the game did. With references to movies like Eternal Sunshine and Vanilla Sky and the correlations drawn. I'm completely on board this theory