Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Plays Pokémon: First Generation!

Cool, Boko.

But you haven't caught a Pikachu?

qwertysaur, does that mean you don't want an online battle?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

All right, I started now.

My name!

Rival's name!

Bonus points if you get the reference.

Superior.

Nickname~

Told you so. (SPOILER)just kidding, I used a potion

Banned

So, I was just wondering about comparing Pokemon (including their evolved forms)...

For Pidgey vs. Spearow, I have a feeling that Spearow is better because Fearow can do Drill Peck, probable the best Flying type move in the game.

For Nidoran Male vs. Nidoran Female, I don't believe either is better than the other.

For Caterpie vs. Weedle, I think Caterpie is better because Butterfree can use Confusion and Psybeam, two powerful psychic attacks.

I dunno about their stats, so I'm just comparing movesets. Does this seem right?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

smurf.

Note to everyone emulating. Don't save while in Throttle Mode, it smurfs up everything, my sound and picture is off and glitchy, gonna have to redo 10-20 minutes of crap.

EDIT: To PuPu, Ferrow sucks, I had one in my FireRed version, wished it was a Pidgoet, it's stats become quickly inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    For Caterpie vs. Weedle, I think Caterpie is better because Butterfree can use Confusion and Psybeam, two powerful psychic attacks.
    Don't forget Sleep Powder and Stun Spore.

The only good Spearow I know is Jack Spearow...wait, there's something wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

smurf! And appearently the reset button is quite literal. Data deleted. Woo-hoo, restarting time!

Note to self, never use throttle ever again! Cheating isn't cool!

Banned

Huh, something must be wrong with my game.

When Pidgey used Gust against my Mankey, it didn't say "It's super effective!"

Bah, I'm sticking with Spearow since I already trained it. If I remembered correctly, Pidgey's best flying type move was Wing Attack, and Drill Peck is better than that.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bah, I'm sticking with Spearow since I already trained it. If I remembered correctly, Pidgey's best flying type move was Wing Attack, and Drill Peck is better than that.
    But Fly is better than both of those xD

Got my Quin back!

Looking for a better version of Red. If that's not possible a better version of Yellow. This one stinks apparently.
    Just you wait Quin! I'll get you back!
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 02-16-2010 at 10:15 PM.

That's because Fighting type pokémon have Flying type weakness. Didn't you know?

Of course you know now.

EDIT: Ah, it didn't say! Yes, that's weird.

Banned

...oh.

Well, I guess I'll just have to deal with the lesser stats then. Anyways, caught Caterpie, I think my 5 Pokemon team is good for now. I'll leave the 6th slot for when something else comes. I don't plan on using Legendary Birds or Snorlax either.

Time to beat Gary near Victory Road. I think it'll be easier to just refer to the rival as Gary from now on.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

In Generation I gust is a normal attack. So Spearow is better initially until Pidgey gets an actually flying type attack

I'll battle online eventually

I don't plan on using Legendary Birds or Snorlax either.
    That's too bad.

Articuno and Zapdos are enough for the Elite Four and Green. Well, for Green you should at least train your starter Pokémon, but they are enough.

qwertysaur, PM?

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In First Gen. games, Gust is a Normal type move so isn't special effective against Fighting Pokémon.

Anyway. Here's my story so far.

First things first:

I...I have that effect on electrical devices. Magnemites love me.

Then I go out into the big, wide world.

I just let my mum live there. My dad left it to ME, damnit.

So, stuff happens. I try to play around, but in The Lost World style, Oak cries "DON'T GO INTO THE LONG GRASS!", and I end up being given this dude.

He's pro, but doesn't think much of me.

But, whatever. He'll grow to love me. Anyway, my rival, named Breine for the awesome hair and the fact that Breine is IRL the only rival my hand has, gets all up in my face and like innit blud.

Yeah, Breine can bring it.

I own him, but you'll have to take my word for it. Boko: 13/19 health. Eevee: dead.

I then go into Viridian City, fondle Oak's package, then catch me some more Pokémon before calling it a day. Ladies and gents, please welcome NidoRantz and Balokey.

NidoRantz:

I understand that Rantz is actually a man, but Nidoqueen (ah man, NidoQuin...d'oh!) is so much better than Nidoking. So whatever.

Balokey:

I figured it was appropriate because it's just a pun on names Baloki uses Leer. Mostly at young children. And animals.

We end with Bokochu having a nervous twitch in his ear (which you can't see....). He knows about the upcoming buttrape.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    smurf! And appearently the reset button is quite literal. Data deleted. Woo-hoo, restarting time!

Note to self, never use throttle ever again! Cheating isn't cool!
    Throttling isn't cheating in my book. It takes the fun out of the game, though. I'm throttling through the beginning stuff 'cause it's boring, but once I get to Cerulean City I'll probably stop. Also, it shouldn't cause any issues with your save data...

Anyway, new pics. I figured out how to tweak the emulator so they're in color!

I caught me a Pikachu.

The only appropriate name, which will be changed to the next most appropriate name when I get a Thunder Stone.

Yawn.

Side note: In the Japanese version, 'Lass' is named 'Miniskirt'.

Oh? Who's this?

...what should I name it... I know!

Heh. /smug

My party before Mt. Moon:

Peegee/ Pikachu Lv. 13 -- Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave

Hazuki /Ivysaur Lv. 20 -- Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Paul /Jigglypuff Lv. 5 -- Sing

Wow, I totally wasn't expecting an Eyes on Plays for Pokemon. But I think the battery is dead on my Red (I know it is for Blue). Yellow might still work though, I'll go give it a shot.

Could we get translations of your name and your rival's name, Momiji?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.