Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Plays Pokémon: First Generation!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default EoFF Plays Pokémon: First Generation!

Yup. Red/Blue/Yellow/Green only-- no FireRed/LeafGreen. Post screenshots and pictures of your progress here, as well as anything else you might find interesting.

For those of you unfamiliar with EoFF Plays, basically we all play a game together, and either just play it to beat it, play it just to have fun, or play while attempting certain challenges that will be posted below. For those who already know how EoFF Plays work, this should be nothing new to you~

Anyway, here are the challenges!
    Poké Ball Challenges are pretty simple, even for newcomers to the game.
    Master Ball Challenges take a lot more time and effort, and are recommended to those who have no life are very experienced with the game.
    Special Challenges are challenges require you to know the game inside and out, and some require some amount of permitted cheating to achieve them (or actual copies of the game and link cables!).

All challenges require screenshot/picture proof to be counted!

Poké Ball Challenges
    • Complete the game (Collect all badges and beat the Elite Four)
    • Capture Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and both Snorlax
    • Capture Kangaskhan, Chansey, Dratini, Tauros and Scyther/Pinsir from the Safari Zone
    • Obtain a Porygon from the Game Corner
    • Beat the Elite Four using unevolved Pokemon (this also includes Pokémon that never evolve)
    • Complete the game using only one type of Pokemon throughout (This means you can not use any other type aside from your starter's type-- though hybrid types are permitted (For example, if you picked Squirtle, you can still use Tentacruel, since they both are Water type, even if Tentacruel is Water/Poison.)
    • Complete the game without using any Psychic-type Pokemon
    • Construct a party that can use a move of every type in the game
    • Get one Pokémon to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)
    • Pokerap Team. Assemble a team of 6 Pokemon in sequence from the Pokerap, and beat the Elite Four with it.

Master Ball Challenges
    • Capture all possible Pokemon from whichever version you're playing (which means you must capture and evolve everything possible except for the two Eevee evolutions you didn't choose, whichever fossil you didn't choose, and Trade-only Pokemon evolutions (Golem, Machamp, Gengar, Alakazam).
    • Get your entire party to lv. 100 (NO RARE CANDY GLITCH)
    • Beat the Elite Four with only 1 Pokemon in your party (does not have to be the first time)
    • Beat the Elite Four with only unevolved Pokemon (Only this time, you can't use Pokémon that don't evolve either!)
    • Complete the game using only your Starter Pokemon. You may not have any other Pokémon in your party at any time. (NOTE: You're going to need a Pokémon or two for HM slaves, but you cannot train them.)
    • Catch Mewtwo with any ball that is not the Master Ball.
    • Complete the game without using healing/recovery items. No Potions, Ethers, Status Recovery items, or Revives.
    • Beat the Elite Four using only Bug and Ghost attacks. (In addition, fixed-damage moves such as Sonicboom, Seismic Toss and Dragon Rage are allowed.) Video proof is required!
    • Complete the game without ever going to a Pokémon Center (of course, being taken to one when all of your Pokemon have fainted does not count)

Special Challenges
    • Collect all 150 Pokémon
    • Find and capture Missingno.
    • Beat the Elite Four with only Missingno.
    • Find the hidden truck
    • Find 'Glitch City'
    • Successfully perform the Mew glitch, and capture it
    • Capture all 151 Pokémon, plus Missingno. (Combination of a few challenges.)
    • Beat the Elite Four using ONLY One-Hit KO attacks. Video proof is required!
    • Beat the Elite Four with only Poison status damage (Poison Sting is allowed due to being the weakest Poison direct damage attack, Toxic, Poisonpowder, etc.) Video proof is required!

"Hi, my name is qwertysaur and I have way too much time on my hands and no life!" Challenge
    • Beat the Elite Four using ONLY a Magikarp

Let's go!
    Last edited by Momiji; 02-17-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I might do this. But at the same time I know it takes me forever to finish these pokemon games because I get distracted/busy.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I would never let my pokemon remain unevolved. Stat growth is more important than bragging rights!

If I do the Pokéball Challenges for example, does that mean I have to do all the Pokéball Challenges during the same playthrough?

By the way, I already did most of these challenges. But I cannot screenshot with my GameBoy/Color/Advance/DS. So unfortunately I won't do one of these things, because I don't want to use emule.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Momiji View Post
    capture Missingno
    uhhhhhh

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I may do this. I've been wanting to replay Red and Blue for some time to play around with all of the fun glitches. Until recently I thought the whole old guy/Missingno thing was the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Until recently I thought the whole old guy/Missingno thing was the only one!
    The Sunny Town glitch is as funny as the MissingNo. glitch. But I have never used the Mew glitch.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    capture Missingno
    uhhhhhh
    If you use an emulated version you won't have you worry about your cartridge dying after capturing him

EDIT: Btw, smurf it, totally participating.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cetra1 View Post
    If I do the Pokéball Challenges for example, does that mean I have to do all the Pokéball Challenges during the same playthrough?

By the way, I already did most of these challenges. But I cannot screenshot with my GameBoy/Color/Advance/DS. So unfortunately I won't do one of these things, because I don't want to use emule.
    You don't have to do any challenges at all, they're just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    capture Missingno
    uhhhhhh
    Yeaaaah do that after doing any other challenges, or use a special savestate if you're emulating.

You don't have to do any challenges at all, they're just for fun.
    I know. I mean when I want to do (some of) the challenges.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've been lucky enough to never have anything but my Hall of Fame mucked up after playing around with Missingno xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I've been lucky enough to never have anything but my Hall of Fame mucked up after playing around with Missingno xD
    Yeah, or your character picture where you can see your badges and pokédollar, for example. That's a weird glitch.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Doesn't really matter. All of the Poké Ball challenges can be done in one run if you start with the 'complete game with starter type only', and the other Elite Four challenge can be done at any time (you can challenge them an unlimited number of times, after all).

As for the whole Missingno. glitch stuff, it's actually pretty safe to use without causing damage to the game. It'll glitch things up, but I don't think it will ruin the game as long as you're doing this as your last challenge (after everything else is already done) if you're using a cartridge. If you're emulating, simply use a separate savestate for it. If you're still squeamish about losing stuff, no one said you had to take the challenge. Move along in that case and ignore it.
    Last edited by Momiji; 02-16-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Doesn't really matter. All of the Poké Ball challenges can be done in one run if you start with the 'complete game with starter type only', and the other Elite Four challenge can be done at any time (you can challenge them an unlimited number of times, after all).
    Yes, but I just wanted to know if have to do it during one playthrough when I do the challenges for this thread. I know it is possible. The "starter only" thing is easy with Bulbasaur, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, et cetera, for example.

As for the whole Missingno. glitch stuff, it's actually pretty safe to use without causing damage to the game. It'll glitch things up, but it won't kill your game. M', however, will, IIRC.
    Yes, my game was never deleted by MissingNo..

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

No, you do not have to. All you need is a screenshot or picture for proof that you did it.