Thread: Omega in the Void (GBA)

Default Omega in the Void (GBA)

I just got to the void and I ran into Omega in there, I've never fought him be4 and hes repeatedly schooling my party. Does anyone have a good startegy to beat him?

You mean the Rift. The Void and the Rift are not the same (yes, I know - you enter the rift with one of these Almagest spheres X-Death uses to send other people and locations to the void). The rift is nothing but another dimension between two dimensions (it is a fantasy story, so of course there is no 100 % logical explanation). A dimensional fissure were monsters, et cetera are sealed. Like the Great Tree of Moore - the tree which has contained many evil souls which fused to become X-Death.

You don't have to fight Omega. He/It is one of the two strongest enemies in Final Fantasy V. So if you have to finish the storyline first, finish it and then you can do some preparations for this guy, because he really is hard.

EDIT: Ah, I see. You have the GBA version. Then there are more than two powerful optional bosses.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 02-16-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The same strategy pretty much works on him whether its the original or the Super version of him in the optional dungeon, the only real difference is that the Uber version of Omega has the ability to change his elemental weakness but if memory serves me correct he always starts with the same element. After that its just about levels, equips, and luck.

The strategy for the original Omega battle:

You need at either three or four characters as a Bare/Freelancer class with Mastered Ninja and Ranger and preferably a few more classes for extra oomph, you also need a high level or preferably Mastered Sorcerer/Mystic Knight so you have access to the Bolt3/Thundaga Blade ability. Ninja is important so you have innate Duel Wield and Mastered Hunter gets you access to S.Shot!/Barrage. After this you need four Flame rings which can be bought at the Mirage Town shops. If your fourth character isn't fighting, I suggest Bare/Freelancer with Time Mage and access to the Masemune so they can go first and cast Hastega on your party.

Your attackers should be Duel Wielding swords that can be affected by Mystic knight abilities and their two support skills should be the Mystic Knight ability and Barrage. In the first round have everyone cast Thundaga on their weapons and if you chose to have a support unit have them cast Hastega. Omega always starts the battle with a high powered Fire based attack that the Flame Rings will absorb. In the next round use Barrage. Basically spam Barrage and have your support character (if they don't die first) heal. Omega doesn't have much HP so he should go down in about two to three rounds but he will still be strong enough to pick off characters.

Omega Mk. II works the same way except I believe he starts off either weak to Fire or Ice, it might be something else. You could try Flare or Holy but hitting him with his actual weakness does way more damage and since he's a bit beefier he has a strong chance to take your party out if the battle lasts too long... Luckily he doesn't change his weakness terribly often so there is a strong chance you can take him down before things get really messy. Oddly enough I found some of the normal bosses in the Optional dungeon to be much nastier than Omega Mk.II and Neo Shinryuu

Thanks for the tips guys! I got one last question where do I find the monster called Mover? I need to do some ABP grinding lol. Where is the Void O.o.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The mover is in the last section of the final dungeon that looks like a bluish crystal world. You'll mostly fight Behemoths, Psychodamons, and Crystal Dragons but Movers are a rare fight in the third section of this area. Be careful with Movers, they are actually a bit of a handful if you are not prepared, and they will automatically end battles if you don't finish them off after a few rounds so make sure you go into the fight with guns ablazing.

Also, if you plan on taking Shinryuu on, steal Dragon Lances off the Crystal Dragons. Most guides say you need two for each character but imo you only need four and you should equip Ice shields to make you impervious to one of its attacks. You'll need Coral Rings to protect against his Tsunami attack but beating him nets you the Ragnarok which is a pretty powerful weapon (though the Optional Dungeon does have better).

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The same strategy pretty much works on him whether its the original or the Super version of him in the optional dungeon, the only real difference is that the Uber version of Omega has the ability to change his elemental weakness but if memory serves me correct he always starts with the same element. After that its just about levels, equips, and luck.

The strategy for the original Omega battle:

You need at either three or four characters as a Bare/Freelancer class with Mastered Ninja and Ranger and preferably a few more classes for extra oomph, you also need a high level or preferably Mastered Sorcerer/Mystic Knight so you have access to the Bolt3/Thundaga Blade ability. Ninja is important so you have innate Duel Wield and Mastered Hunter gets you access to S.Shot!/Barrage. After this you need four Flame rings which can be bought at the Mirage Town shops. If your fourth character isn't fighting, I suggest Bare/Freelancer with Time Mage and access to the Masemune so they can go first and cast Hastega on your party.

Your attackers should be Duel Wielding swords that can be affected by Mystic knight abilities and their two support skills should be the Mystic Knight ability and Barrage. In the first round have everyone cast Thundaga on their weapons and if you chose to have a support unit have them cast Hastega. Omega always starts the battle with a high powered Fire based attack that the Flame Rings will absorb. In the next round use Barrage. Basically spam Barrage and have your support character (if they don't die first) heal. Omega doesn't have much HP so he should go down in about two to three rounds but he will still be strong enough to pick off characters.

Omega Mk. II works the same way except I believe he starts off either weak to Fire or Ice, it might be something else. You could try Flare or Holy but hitting him with his actual weakness does way more damage and since he's a bit beefier he has a strong chance to take your party out if the battle lasts too long... Luckily he doesn't change his weakness terribly often so there is a strong chance you can take him down before things get really messy. Oddly enough I found some of the normal bosses in the Optional dungeon to be much nastier than Omega Mk.II and Neo Shinryuu
    Omega MkII will use barrier change if you hit him with his weakness, and will either Full heal and/or Encircle as a counter attack if you hit him with rapid fire. Scan + cast weakness on X 2 swords is your only bet.

Also it's worth mentioning that Omega always begins a battle with a reflectable attack. From there he always uses Wave cannon on every second turn up until about 7-8 turns in where he'll use it twice in a row. After he uses it twice he will use "Search" will you want to reflect so it hits him. This forces his next action to target himself, including any counter attacks that follow, so this is the best time to attack him as you wont be countered.

For a really easy time, use the chemist ability "Mix" to mix a dragon fang with a maidens kiss on each of your party. This grants dragon kiss and will make you immune to maelstrom, homing missiles and most importantly encircle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Movers are most common around the save point right before exdeath, which you have to kill some boss dude to reveal.