Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Games which make you cower in fear

As a kid I was really scared of playing the "Opera House" level in Tomb Raider 2. I just thought it was so big and dark - and the music was creepy too. Also, at one point in the "Temple of Xian" you have to go into this cave filled with these big spiders... ugh.

I hate spiders, also I hate small things with knives running at you, so Silent Hill 1 in the school.

I dont hate tonberry's though. Go figure
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Deep, dense water scares me, so playing Twilight Princess recently left me a bit unsettled. The boss at the Water Temple dialed up that water fear to an absurd level. You fall from a ridiculous height into a gorramn vast room that is just endless, murky water. No music, no sound. Just you, and the vague notion that you must swim down into the depths of hell. *shudders*

On that note, the "water snake" in Shadow of the Colossus does me in too!
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Blog Entries

I've been watching a playthrough of Fatal Frame 4 on YouTube lately. I'm not as scared by it as I was with 3, but that's most likely because I'm just passively watching someone play, and not actually experiencing it firsthand. The guy's pretty good too, and never gets hurt, so there's no element of suspense and fear.

a perfect game?
    Making a slow come back since 2008