Thread: The dancing old couple in Reading

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default The dancing old couple in Reading

Not many people know about this, but I think it's really cool. In Reading there is an old couple who dance together in the town center, without a care in the world about how silly they look or how out of place they are. The man sadly has bone cancer, and wants to make the most of his life whilst he can. I've had the fortune of seeing them, but I didn't realise what it was all about at the time!

Are there any similar instances you have ever witnessed? Nice meaning in completely random things like this make me so happy.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by demondude55 View Post
    Not many people know about this, but I think it's really cool. In Reading there is an old couple who dance together in the town center, without a care in the world about how silly they look or how out of place they are. The man sadly has bone cancer, and wants to make the most of his life whilst he can. I've had the fortune of seeing them, but I didn't realise what it was all about at the time!

Are there any similar instances you have ever witnessed? Nice meaning in completely random things like this make me so happy.
    I'M IN READING RIGHT NOW WHERE IS THIS OLD COUPLE I WANT TO SAY HI TO THEM OH MY GOD.

I've never seen them! I'm in town centre almost every day! I'm going in an hour, maybe I'll see them! That story is cute!

EDIT: Do you live in Reading? Wanna... meet up?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My Grandma helps out with rescued Pelicans in Clearwater, Florida. She names them all, and kisses them goodbye when they are well enough to fly off to return to the wild. Also she calls them all sweethearts and it's really cute

Banned
    Blog Entries

I live down in Devon. I used to be in Oxford so I'd shop in Reading often because it has better shops, and I saw them outside House of Fraser. This is the facebook group.

Hope you find them!

EDIT: Somewhere in the Oracle is the most likely place to find them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    My Grandma helps out with rescued Pelicans in Clearwater, Florida. She names them all, and kisses them goodbye when they are well enough to fly off to return to the wild. Also she calls them all sweethearts and it's really cute
    Your Grandma is the best.