Thread: Exercise!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Exercise!

Share with me your thoughts on exercise! Especially the fun thoughts!

I have ran more in these past couple of weeks than I have in the past three years! I took a jogging class D:

I am required to take two fitness classes to get my degree (This is silly! scientists do not need to be in shape!) and the title Beginner Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking caught my eye. I figure, okay, it'll probably be more than just walking around at my own leisurely pace, but it can't be any worse than high school PE, right? Wrong! The first day we really started running, I find out everyone in that class is NOT a beginner! Those cheaters! Making me feel bad about myself! So with everyone going vroom~ I feel like I should try to at least slowly jog the whole mile. At around the second lap I take a detour into the bathroom and .

At this point I'm like, "why oh why didn't I sign up for Beginner Billiards? Or Beginner Fencing? Or Beginner Scuba Diving? Scuba diving would have been badass. Whatever I am going home now, going onto the school's website, and dropping this class." On the way out of the bathroom the teacher saw me and told me to just walk it from now on and I'd be fine xD

Now every time I go it's like:
    "'kay, I'm gonna jog lots!"
    "I'm getting kind of tired now Keep going though D:"
    "grhgrhghhghhghrhghrkeepgooinnnnggg"
    Teacher: GO YOU CAN DO ITTTT
    "GARBLEBLARBLEPAIN"
    *starts walkin'*
    "Oh god I feel sick I want to die I am dropping this class when I get home. If I don't die first."
    *walks some more*
    "Yeeeeaaaah life is great I feel excellent~"

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

if your teacher really uses pom poms I would squee

Ive always enjoyed exercise and actually rejoined the gym this week only to find I was nowere near as fit as was I year ago, I was feeling exhausted after an hour of cardio and weights. And was in agony the next day from stiffness
    Im going again tomorrow though, just gotta keep at it!

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exercise rules, especially lifting.

I pretty much only use cardio as a warm up and to keep my heart pumping efficiently to get more blood flow to my muscles.

But that's when I specifically am working out to work out, I'll still play pick up games of basketball, football and soccer with my friends now that it's been warmer out.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Beginner Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking"

That's an actual class? xD

I hate the beginning of exercising, but by the end of it I feel so good and happy that I did it. The worst part about exercising is getting out of bed or the couch to actually DO it. I run about 1.5 miles every morning with my dogs. Before my dogs lived with me, I would run 2.5 miles every other day on the treadmill using the interval training method.

The only exercising I've ever done in a classroom setting has been pilates (which is KILLER omg), and various dance classes (hip hop, ballet, modern, etc). I never knew you could study running/walking!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

In college I took a yoga class and an online PE class. My mom took walking, and a lot of my friends took bowling.

I loved my yoga class. I still do a little yoga every day; I should do more though. I usually work out for ten to sixty minutes every day, and I'm slowly working on increasing that. I need more ways to do cardio. I sprained my ankle in September and still can't jog, so I stole my mom's bike.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I enjoy exercise, but I lack the motivation nowadays to exercise just for the sake of exercise (going to the gym, running, etc.). I enjoy playing basketball and reffing high school/intramural college basketball games, which is a good amount of cardio.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    an online PE class.
    wat

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I love running. However, only under the follow specific restrictions:
    1) it's outside
    2) it's in nature

Thankfully there's a nature park in town that has miles and miles and miles of running trails through the woods and along a stream and such. Unfortunately it's been rainy lately so there are HUGE ponds of water and mud, but that doesn't stop me. My shoes get complete coated in mud every day, but oh well.

When I'm feeling too lazy to go all the way to the nature park (it's in a suburb on the far side of Portland) I run in place at home. Boring.

I also love the gym for weights. But I'm not so keen on doing cardio there anymore now that I have my nature park.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I really enjoy working out but motivation to actually get up and begin is awful I'm just like EHHH I'LL DO IT TOMORROW and then I probably don't

I cannot jog without my ipod. It's a mental thing. I left my ipod in work over the weekend once3 & I never trained at all. Sat in my underwear eatin crisps & drinking beer & watching Match of the Day.

True Story.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Aaggh I'm the opposite. I take my iPod everywhere because I have to have music constantly, but I don't like having things on me when I go xD

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love to walk around everywhere.

Jogging and running I like less, because I sweat easily and get red like a tomato, and I look horrible. But the after feeling of exercise is great. I'm excited to join a gym again when I go home.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I walk ALOTT, not for the exercise purpose but simply because I have no choice in the matter. Tomorrow for example, I'm walking to work as I have no lift and it's a good hour walk! I enjoy the walk on the sly though, and I've started walking to-and-from college which takes me about half an hour each way, it's fun getting exercise even if it's only walking~

I used to love doing fitness in PE at highschool, I miss that. I miss running aswell.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    an online PE class.
    wat
    Yes, I am srs. I don't even remember what we did... I mean, I know we talked about something related to physical education.

I also took Intro to the Internet online. Lesson one: "Hi, this is your professor, hit 'reply' to email me back." I got an A. Lawl.