Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Because I care, dammit.

* Schooling/Career:
    I'm currently working as a junior designer for Samar Mehdi. Will Start in April for Synergies Sourcing in the R&D sector which caters to street wear clothing. Inshallah in April , I should also be tentatively be holding my very first exhibition(SPOILER) (*hint it has to do with my thesis work)

* Love life:
    -Currently trying to court a super busy gal...We managed to go on two dates so far... No kissing yet

-Booty Calls: Nearly a month back

* Hobbies:
    Lately my work and hobby as come together so to speak....But then again I do like to smoke up from time to time!

* Gaming:
    Haven't played any in months but I dream of owning a PS3....

* Etc:
    Karachi is getting warmer...And Mosquitoes are evil...

LOVE YA SHLUPS!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

• Schooling/Career:
      I'm in the middle of completing my Masters degree in Computer Science. I'm hoping to finish up at the end of this year, which would be good as I'm bored with the degree and there are other technologies and computer languages I would like to devote my time to studying.

As for the job, I took a severance package from my last employer last summer and was unemployed for a month. I took a contract job for a little over a month and then hired on with my current company as a Senior Web Developer in September and absolutely love it. It's a fun pace to work and everyone is laid back and likes to joke around.
    • Love life:
      Married five and a half years and still loving it. We've been married long enough that we've been through a couple of ups and downs now so we know we have what it takes to work things out and still be happy together.
    • Hobbies:
      Cycling and running mostly, with a splash of gaming here and there. Honestly, I've been so busy with work and school that the little free time I have is devoted to getting out of the house to do some type of exercise to help de-stress and blow off steam.
    • Gaming:
      Very little time for this, but I received a DS for Christmas so I've been playing through Final Fantasy III and Dragon Quest IV and V when I have time.
    • Etc:
      We started having the baby talks again, this time seriously. Kinda scary to think about but really cool to think about at the same time.

Oh, and I'm old.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Flying Mullet - potential coolest dad ever?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's what I thought too, BoB! I read that and I thought "Wow, FM is a cool guy. He'd be a cool dad."

Very cool FM!!

I want to be a cool dad one day!!

to FM for attempts to procreate!!

HOTROD

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Whoa whoa whoa, no protraction attempts yet. Just chatting about it.
    Figaro Castle

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    How I Roll...
    Schooling/Career: I was laid off as a teacher and have been unable to find a job, and having difficulty deciding what career path to peruse after dedicating so much time, energy, and money to a career that decided it doesn't need me. I still have a few more months of unemployment checks coming, and BJ has his totally ty job that he hates. xD
    I know I've said this before, but replace teacher with accountant and you've pretty much got my career situation.

Currently searching for work, but working on learning some C programming and teaching myself everything I can about sound design in preperation for working on a game within the next year or so.

Love Life: Happily married for a little over six months now. We'll have been together for three years this March.

Hobbies: Music is always a big one. Doing CrossFit now as well though I've got a case of tendinitis in both knees right now. Mild though it may be I'll have to take it easy if I want it to get better. Thank god for Advil.

Gaming: Been playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 a lot lately. Looking forward to Heavy Rain tomorrow as well.

Etc: Been reading a lot about Buddhism lately and I have to say that it is pretty damn awesome overall. I can also say quite safely that I'm really and truly happy for the first time in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bacon Bandito View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, no protraction attempts yet. Just chatting about it.
    Thats no way to make a baby!

HOTROD

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Flying Mullet - potential coolest dad ever?
    Honestly, I'd probably be scared out of my mind if I was the son of a Bacon Bandito.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

• Schooling/Career: Currently in my second semester of junior year, which is going fairly well. I've just been selected to take over next year as editor-in-chief of the campus's literary journal. I'm working through the last of the lower level classes for my second major (anthropology). I'm feeling somewhat indifferent towards my part-time employment at Barnes and Noble. Given how much crap they're giving me over my hours and scheduling, I'm beginning to consider looking for employment elsewhere. I understand that they want me to maintain more hours of zone maintenance, but I'm a full time student and I'm not going to give up my weekends working when I need time to catch up on both class work and a sleep.
    • Love life: I'll be hitting a year and three months with my girlfriend in a few days. We hit a bit of a rough spot early this year, but we've moved past it and things to be getting better from here.
    • Hobbies: Enjoying spending time with the Cinematic Arts Commission on campus. Watching a lot of movies I probably never would have otherwise seen. Anime club is also going just as well. Toradora! is surprisingly fun and Bakemonogatari is pretty awesome as well (although admittedly extremely odd).
    • Gaming: Just beat Mass Effect 2 not long ago. Just started up White Knight Chronicles last night. Waiting on Pokemon HeartGold and Final Fantasy XIII. As per usual, spending far more time than necessary on Final Fantasy XI. Assorted other games in progress (playing ME2, Dragon Age: Origins, and a few other games multiple times). Pretty standard fare.
    • Etc: Between full time classes, three clubs, and part time work, I'm pretty exhausted. Also happy.
    Last edited by Loony BoB; 02-22-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: fixed tags =]

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    How I Roll...Schooling/Career: Currently running a florist downtown. Just got through Valentines, which about killed me and my employees, but we made it. Now just to get all the bills paid and see if anything's left after!
    JEALOUS. I've always wanted to try my hand at working at a florist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    * Schooling/Career: In upper sixth, my last year, at Carmel College; hoping to get A Levels in Photography, English Literature and Sociology. After college, I am hoping to either go the University of York, Cardiff, Keele, Edge Hill or Chester to further Sociology and combine it with Criminology.
    Fellow sociologist! *high five.* I hope you're not one of them functionalists, or worse, sociobiologists, though!

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

School/Career: Law school, eh. I'm too lazy to find a job. Or even a summer job. Seriously, I enjoy the school aspect of it xD But I don't enjoy the law school aspect. I'm also waitressing at a sushi restaurant about 16-18 hours a week.

Love Life: Crazy. I guess the high point is that I've been dating a cute and adorable girl. It's nothing serious, though. :]

Hobbies: Wine tasting. Partying. Drinking alcohol. Anything involving alcohol. I've become a true law student. xD Music, shopping, and all the usual things. Oh, somehow I got addicted to American Idol again this season.

Gaming: Haven't video gamed in god knows how long, but I still do an almost weekly D&D group.

Etc: I really want a puppy. xD Also, it told me I last logged in this site on 1/9/10. Oh and my avatar is that chick from Oh my Goddess or something now, apparently. :</>D

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    • Schooling/Career: School is busy as smurf. I have a full course load and have dumped on me constantly to take care of. My job is going okay but I'm getting bored of it because it's the spring and my freshman either put their together or are beyond saving at this point. I've applied to three internships back home this summer and have one more currently in the pipeline. I'd like to apply for more but I really want to stick close to home. I've also made the decision to transfer back to a school closer to home for my senior year. About the only thing I'm looking forward to right now is being able to move back for good.
    • Love life: Depressing.
    • Hobbies: I've been ADD lately with my hobbies. Worked on a script, worked on a game, jumped all around. Been having trouble feeling terribly satisfied with things I've been creating lately.
    • Gaming: Since coming back this semester, I've beaten Super Mario Galaxy, Madworld, and Grand Theft Auto IV. I started playing Indigo Prophecy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Lost Planet. Gaming is about the biggest thing for me to do to unwind.
    • Etc: My best friends from back home are still the best goddamn people in the world, ever. I can't wait to be back with them. Also found out I'm getting a fat tax return this year so that's cool. And I'm starting to wonder if my room mate is losing his mind.
    I'm glad you're GTFO of Arkansas of all goddamn places.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    • Career: Going amazingly well. I'm so happy! I had my first wedding published in a popular blog, I booked my highest paying client just a few days ago, I'm getting great feedback from past and current clients, and I'm on my way to hopefully exceeding my 2010 business goals. I'm also getting SICK ass business cards coming in next week. Seriously, they're insane and beautiful and so freakin' expensive but totally worth it. Yay!
    • Love life: Approaching 4.5 years with Del Murder and still going on strong. Not gonna give everything away, but lets just say we had a conversation today that involved the word "Tiffany's" that left me grinning like an idiot.
    • Hobbies: ;_; I haven't been able to craft lately either! Such a bummer. I had a lot of personal goals like taking letterpress classes and whatnot but I had to give them up when my two dogs came to live with me. They're like smurfing babies, I have to feed them, bathe them, exercise them, and make sure they poo and potty at regular intervals. Makes it hard juggling them, work, and personal stuff.
    • Gaming: Been playing bits of FF: Crisis Core and enjoying it lots.
    • Etc: Probably gonna be going to New Zealand in the fall. Excited to plan a trip for a place that speaks English! Oh and Del Murder and I had a menage a trois today.

This post brings up so many questions, and multiple squee's. :o

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Oh! I have a suggestion for Japan, and I want you to relay it, if you'd do me the favor, Shlupie! Here is my message:

*STAMP OF APPROVAL*

In fact, I'mma print that out and put it in my scrapbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    [blah blah blah blah blah]

Quote Originally Posted by oddler View Post
    • Schooling/Career:
      After news was relayed that the company I'd worked with for over 6 years was closing my location, I left immediately. Picked up a similar position at another manufacturer. Now, roughly 30% of the US's supply of fiber cement is made by my brother and me.

That's cool that you were able to find another job. Cement sounds fun. Or something. xD

• Love life:
      Blissful. Married over the summer and living the life.

Nice! The first two years are supposed to be pretty hard, so being blissful after six months sounds good to me.

• Gaming:
      Trying to finish up loose ends throughout the years. Working on completing FFIX for the first time and still trying to make it through Twilight Princess.

"Trying to make it through"?!?! How can you make playing the best game ever sound like a chore?! D:

Schooling/Career: I was laid off as a teacher and have been unable to find a job, and having difficulty deciding what career path to peruse after dedicating so much time, energy, and money to a career that decided it doesn't need me. I still have a few more months of unemployment checks coming, and BJ has his totally ty job that he hates. xD
    The employment monster is so hungry right now. Over half of my family is unemployed at the moment! My wife is also a teacher and was very worried about even finding a job to start with in the beginning. I agree with your apparent sentiments concerning the lack of "need" of the profession. I've seen commercials about the 2010 Census that say something along the lines of, "Fill out the form so we know how many kids there are. Then maybe we'll know how many teachers we really need." I don't know, the system just seems so jacked up to me. :\
    It is jacked up. The classrooms were overcrowded before they started tossing teachers aside!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    * Schooling/Career: First year is over in five weeks! I failed both my math courses! I am passing my psych, socio, sex, and gender courses! I don't have a job and maybe won't be able to afford tuition!
    Failing math and passing all the ridiculous courses. Why am I not surprised? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    * Love life: I'm smurfing some people.
    I lol'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Love life: I'm only with her because I'm scared of what she'll do if I run away she is a nutjob.
    WTF. xD

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Etc: Also going to Japan in April. Gonna stay with our old chum Joaquin while he is out there teaching English, it is gonna be awesome.
    Whuuuuuut? Where does he live??

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Schooling/Career: Just started my first year at The University of Lincoln, studying BSc Forensic Science. It's pretty cool, having lectures showing us pictures of crime scenes and post mortems.
    Uhm... Gross! xD

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Etc: Trying to form a band with the flatmates, but the drummer is too lazy to bring his drumkit up.
    WTF! Drummers are the best musicians. It must be your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    * Etc: The bouncers round St Helens know me with about 10 different names, ahhh the joys of being underage and using other's IDs!
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Schooling/Career: Working as a lorry driver at the moment. Don't really mind it I suppose. Could I be happier in my job? Definitely.
    A LORRY IS NOT A THING WTF IS A LORRY.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    I want to go to Wakayama, Japan so badly. I want to ride Ichigo Densha and meet Mr. Tama.
    Me toooooooo! ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    Schooling/Career: I am currently a third year English major. No idea what's gonna happen after I'm done. I wanted to teach, but realized that it wasn't for me. I have a great lust for theater, but it doesn't pay.
    What does one do with an English degree other than teach? My sister-in-law manages a clothing store.

Hobbies: Watching old movies I've never seen, reading and writing. I focus my writing energy on plays...so you can say I'm a bit of a playwright.
    Plays. Weird.

Gaming: I'm in love with my DS. But until my shipment of games get here I'm playing The Legend of Zelda the twilight princess.
    Twilight Princess is my favorite game. <3

Etc: I have cats and I hope to visit England this fall.
    I approve of both of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc View Post
    • Schooling/Career:
      Law degree in hand, I probably won't be back in school again unless I am teaching. As for the career, I have a great one year job working for a judge, after which I will head to New York to be an office lawyer for a bit. Then we'll see.

You are such a badass, eestie.

• Schooling/Career: Currently running a florist downtown. Just got through Valentines, which about killed me and my employees, but we made it. Now just to get all the bills paid and see if anything's left after!

• Love life: I have a friend with benefits.

• Etc: I just got a new fish for my saltwater tank. He is a clown fish. I named him Nemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    • Schooling/Career: I took a year off of school to work. That hasn't really been working out though. I'm taking a test to be a census taker some time this week.

Seems like most people are doing the opposite, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    Schooling/Career: Not in school, but working multiple jobs (as a teacher and a service assistant). I'm moving away from home in a little over a month, so I have to quit my jobs and find a new one. Should be interesting
    What do you teach? Where are you moving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodarian View Post
    LOVE YA SHLUPS!
    Ditto! Make me clothes out of bags! Be the daring designer that uses chubby models.

Quote Originally Posted by El Bacon Bandito View Post
    • Etc:
      We started having the baby talks again, this time seriously. Kinda scary to think about but really cool to think about at the same time.

Oh, and I'm old.
    Omggggggg, BABY! You're not that old, even I've had baby talks. Or am I old too? Then again, our baby talks typically have the words "a couple more years" in them. i c u 2010 kekeke

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Etc: Been reading a lot about Buddhism lately and I have to say that it is pretty damn awesome overall. I can also say quite safely that I'm really and truly happy for the first time in a long time.
    Crazy. I like Buddhism. How's your wife feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    • Schooling/Career: Currently in my second semester of junior year, which is going fairly well. I've just been selected to take over next year as editor-in-chief of the campus's literary journal. I'm working through the last of the lower level classes for my second major (anthropology). I'm feeling somewhat indifferent towards my part-time employment at Barnes and Noble. Given how much crap they're giving me over my hours and scheduling, I'm beginning to consider looking for employment elsewhere. I understand that they want me to maintain more hours of zone maintenance, but I'm a full time student and I'm not going to give up my weekends working when I need time to catch up on both class work and a sleep.

I had that problem with a couple of my jobs when I was in school. I walked out of Target after ten days of it. Tell them to suck it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    School/Career: Law school, eh. I'm too lazy to find a job. Or even a summer job. Seriously, I enjoy the school aspect of it xD But I don't enjoy the law school aspect. I'm also waitressing at a sushi restaurant about 16-18 hours a week.
    You are too lazy to find a job but you have a job, you enjoy school but not law school. You make me lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    Love Life: Crazy. I guess the high point is that I've been dating a cute and adorable girl. It's nothing serious, though. :]
    Hey-oh!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Crazy. I like Buddhism. How's your wife feel about that?
    She thinks it's great. She certainly doesn't know as much about it as I do at this point, but she's already shown interest in reading the books I've got on it when she has a bit more time. I think she's also happy with the changes she's seeing in me as I really practice the meditation as well as take a fair number of the teachings to heart and have started implementing them in my day to day life. It's certainly not like it's been an overnight change or anything, but it's apparent to pretty much everyone around me that it's improved my mood and outlook on everything. I've even been caught walking around with a smile on my face for entire days for no other reason than I'm happier as I've committed more to this stuff.

So long story kinda long, she's pretty happy about it. Especially when only a month ago I was still pretty deep in depression.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well damn, go Buddha. May you reach your Nirvana or whatever.