Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Because I care, dammit.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

what the smurf, amanda? alright, I am not moving to California any time soon--rub it in my face xD
    We also don't live together. I believe iceglow and his girlfriend do.

I didn't have any problem with you asking that I started teasing you because you don't seem to ever(see EoEO thread on marriage) want to believe that non-marriage relationships can have any permanence or meaning. I don't understand that; you said somewhere that you were going to celebrate nine years (dating) with BJ soon. Clearly, that (dating) relationship had meaning to you, else you'd wait until summer and celebrate your wedding anniversary.

At this point in time, you don't think that people under the PACS in France, any homosexual couples in your state, people with multiple partners, any of them have as real a relationship with their partner as you do with BJ.

I'm sorry, but the weight of probability lies far and hard against you. I will agree with you that 'yeah, if people really have a good thing going, they will probably get married' but I also know that sometimes they don't.

But goddamn, are you just trying to be a bitch, making an example out of me?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're trying to be a bitch making an example outta me, ho! Iceglow didn't say he and his girlfriend were living together.

Though I apologize if I've given you the impression that I don't think non-marriage relationships are "4 realz" ever. I totally do not feel that way. My Nana and her husband aren't legally married, and he's my grandpa to me just as much as if they were married and he were my father's biological father. My mom and her boyfriend aren't married, but I consider him my parent. My dad didn't marry my stepmother for years but I still called her my stepmom.

I'm just saying, you know, in general.

*rubs things in your face*

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

is this like the female version of my dick is bigger than yours what the smurf

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rubah has Kishi; therefore her dick is small but she has three so it evens out.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Seriously is it that unreasonable of a question? The label "girlfriend" says little about how serious the relationship is; a wife is far more likely to go to another country with you than a girlfriend. You're all just being all homo about the "my relationship is real too, shlup, just 'cause you're married doesn't mean your relationship is more real than mine wah wah wah." smurf you, yes it does.
    No it doesn't; you're right that a label says little about how serious or connected a relationship is. But context does, and the original post that sparked this discussion said something to the effect that he had been with his girlfriend for three years, which DOES point towards how serious it is.

But your arbitrary bias (that only state-sanctioned marriage = "real" relationship) is very prevalent in society, so if I hadn't already pointed that out to you eighty zillion times, I wouldn't blame you for it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It didn't seem like you *were* saying in general though! Which is why I was trying to provide a counterpoint!

As for making an example out of you, I was going off of this post. I know it's not in-thread context, but it was something I had vaguely in the back of my mind, and I only link it to show that I had somewhere I was coming from

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Seriously is it that unreasonable of a question? The label "girlfriend" says little about how serious the relationship is; a wife is far more likely to go to another country with you than a girlfriend. You're all just being all homo about the "my relationship is real too, shlup, just 'cause you're married doesn't mean your relationship is more real than mine wah wah wah." smurf you, yes it does.
    No it doesn't; you're right that a label says little about how serious or connected a relationship is. But context does, and the original post that sparked this discussion said something to the effect that he had been with his girlfriend for three years, which DOES point towards how serious it is.

But your arbitrary bias (that only state-sanctioned marriage = "real" relationship) is very prevalent in society, so if I hadn't already pointed that out to you eighty zillion times, I wouldn't blame you for it.
    I don't hold that bias. I hold the bias that being married makes it far more likely that the relationship is serious, but the word "only" doesn't belong anywhere in that sentence.

He said they had been together three years; that's not all that long and we're only assuming it's three consecutive years. Though that is a reasonable assumption and I now know they're living together, the context of the original post wasn't quite enough to convince me I should just assume she's going with him.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    It didn't seem like you *were* saying in general though! Which is why I was trying to provide a counterpoint!
    Just admit you're being a butt 'cause you like being a butt. You already admitted it was reasonable for me to ask she was going with him.

WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYWAY? *watches The Incredibles*

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm being a butt because I want you to apologize for airing my private life out on these fora in a really mean way!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    I'm being a butt because I want you to apologize for airing my private life out on these fora in a really mean way!
    Well, technically, since only Kishi is going to California, and you two aren't living together, this is not technically your private life, it's Kishi's.

ShlupQuack, I demand that you apologize to Kishi for airing out his private life to the forum in this mean manner.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYWAY? *watches The Incredibles*
    Because rubah feels like you insulted her maidenly honor or somesuch and I'm bored.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm sorry Kishi is coming to California without you. I promise that if he finds a cute California girlfriend I will let you know.

Better?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

marginally

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Can't you both just settle this with a bikini mud-wrestling contest?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

stop

hammer time