Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "What Was I Doing Again?"

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It’s why I cannot clock Oblivion.

I can stop playing for a month or two, but I usually don't have too hard a time jumping back in. :X I'm two fights away from the end of Disgaea, but I just can't bring myself to finish it! It's not like the story isn't a straight line though, so it'd be pretty hard not to know what to do. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Rase View Post
    Happened to me in Tales of Symphonia. Other than that it doesn't happen terribly often, I either remember or the game has some sort of quest log/journal/whatever to remind me.
    Yeah, ToS's synopsis is supremely useful for these happenings. :D

Blog Entries

This happens to me frequently with Tales of Phantasia. Unlike the FF games, I haven't got an encyclopedic knowledge of the secrets and sidequests in it so whenever I stop playing for a few days, I come back and have no idea what I was doing. I still love the game enough to replay it every now and again though.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I only had this problem with Star Ocean:TTOT. I can usually remember the gist of what happened in games, and synopses/journals make it even easier.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Yeah it's terrible.

Has only really happened a couple of times to me both of Final Fantasy games. I just start over but it doesnt bother me to much by the time ive gone back to it

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This crap is the sole reason why it took me nearly a year to complete Mass Effect, why I haven't completed Fallout 3 even though I have all DLC as well and why I need to restart Bully and GTA IV I want to start Mass Effect 2 but I know if I do that I will need to restart DA: Origins as well and that'd be too much to bear, thankfully if anything I make notes of where I'm at with a game to remind myself so I shouldn't need to redo the first 50% of Fallout 3.

I currently have issues with Dwarf Fortress as well, I find it hard once I've started to pick up where I left off with a fortress.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    Are you my twin or something? ;o I have the same thing with the boss fights. I'll get mad at that game so I'll go play another one and get mad at that one instead so I'll go back to game 1 and I'll be able to do just fine all of a sudden
    Haha, maybe, but I also had a big crush on Yuna...so maybe not. XP

And I agree that GTA is one of those games that I get bored of, come back to, and have no idea what I was doing...I usually just end up trying to jump rivers with vespers though, so it's ok.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually try my best to prevent this from happening, but if it does I usually have to use a walkthrough or in-game synopsis to help me figure out what I was doing.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In a spot of good news for once for me, I didn't have to restart GTA IV, Thankfully reading the brief, the stats and talking to Psy put me back on track the man pretty much knows the GTA IV story off the top of his head.

I never had this problem when i was younger (and without a job.)
    I would play every game from start to finish with almost no interruptions before i moved on to another one.

Now that i can afford all the games i want,it seems to be hard for me to focus on just one game and on top of that i don't have as much time as i used to.So by the time i get back to a game that i was playing 2-3 months ago i have almost forgotten everything.

Lately i'm trying to focus on just one or two games at a time though.

I started playing Metroid Prime in the Summer and loved it, but got royally stuck and quit indefinitely. Now that I have internet again, I was able to look up the solution... and now I need to start the game over from scratch, because the game mechanics are pretty much lost on me at this point! :P
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

this happens to me more with novels than with video games, but yes. I guess the biggest example for me in an RPG is ff2. I was somewhere around the part with the ice sled and then every time I went back I couldn't remember why I wanted to keep playing or what I was supposed to do in the dungeon or whatever.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Happened to me a lot in FFXII!