Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's like someone making love to your ears with a sandwich toaster...

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

If by "moving rendition of Aerith's Theme" you mean "My Hands from her album Echoes", I have to say I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that song. I'm a Leona Lewis fan, though, so maybe I am biased.

If you are not talking about My Hands, link me to what you are talking about because I can't find Leona Lewis + Aerith's Theme anywhere on youtube or google.

I'm in the "it doesn't quite fit" boat, too, but I think the Japanese pop ballads don't fit either. I mean, other than Eyes on Me, none of the Japanese songs had anything to do with anything going on either; they were just all "oooooo love and stufffffff~"

My Hands is still a ballin' song though, I lurv her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Leona Lewis is certainly great, but leave Final Fantasy music to Miss Kate Covington.

I agree with everything that Moon Rabbits said. I love the song, not sure if it fits though.

The song is nothing special, but I don't think they're going to play it on repeat through the entire game anyway.

Hmmmm I dunno... I like Leona although I think this is just an okay song.

However, I really don't think it's going to fit well into the game without making it kinda cheesy...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfectionist View Post
    However, I really don't think it's going to fit well into the game without making it kinda cheesy...
    You mean just like every other FF vocal theme?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Yes
    Seconded.

Next thing you know we'll be having Mariah Carey and Celine Dion doing FF themes when they become even more washed up.

It just doesn't fit. And that's before saying how awful that genre of music is, to begin with.

The one voiced song that I can honestly say I like is "Otherworld", in FFX. *raises hand with devil ears*
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Yes
    Seconded.

Next thing you know we'll be having Mariah Carey and Celine Dion doing FF themes when they become even more washed up.

It just doesn't fit. And that's before saying how awful that genre of music is, to begin with.

The one voiced song that I can honestly say I like is "Otherworld", in FFX. *raises hand with devil ears*
    Really? I freaking hope you're right. I love Celine Dion and Mariah Carey.

I was a little disappointed w/ their song choice...I think they could've done much better...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not really a pop fan in general. It's a cute song though. I like, uhm, the chorus or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    The more I think about it, I like that this is the song being used, because it freaks out the people who prefer the Japan version of anything and everything to anything Western because it's not 日本語, which means it's flavored and tempered with inferior brash Western culture!!!! As much of a wapanese as I can be, that attitude always bugs me, so this is going to be funny, since I found the Japanese main theme to be pretty, but it's completely lacklustre. [/SIZE]
    *hi5* English dubs usually suck long and hard but the attitude you've described is annoying.

I "obtained" the whole soundtrack not long ago, and overall I'm not really that impressed. No melody really stands out to me; it's kind of... boring.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's 'cause you gotta hear it in the moment!

Leona Lewis is a very talented singer and all.. it's all just a bit boring. However, if it's used right in the game, it'll probably turn out fine.

Also, "Eyes on Me" and "Melodies of Life" are the best are the best FF theme songs out there.

I think its was a great idea to pick a song for the western release in a language most westerners will understand. My problem is this song is so phenomenally average. It sounds like every other 'me too' R&B/Pop song out there right now, and Leona Lewis is trying too hard to sound like 90's era Toni Braxton, and neither woman's talent can hold candle to pre-crack Whitney Houston. Its like if they had replaced Kimi no Kioku in Persona 3 with Love Story by Taylor Swift. Middling song by middling artist. They are better singers and better songs.

Had to have been a money issue. Lewis must come cheap, like most 'talent' show winners.
    Last edited by Silvercry; 03-04-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Because nothing beats the sound of a million voices screaming in unison.