Thread: FFXIV confirmed for Xbox 360!

FFXIV Character

Aydin Yamisama (Sargatanas)

Default FFXIV confirmed for Xbox 360!

Article here:
    VG247 » Blog Archive » Square Enix CV confirms FFXIV for 360

So, I just wanted to post here just because I wanted to inform you all of the news but that leaves me with the problem of a topic...

TOPIC: What are your feelings of FFXIV being ported onto the Xbox 360? Love it? hate it?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

As expected. If you thought it wouldn't be, you'd be pretty naive.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have no doubt they want to release it for Xbox360, but... That doesn't officially confirm it. Nothing does until Square-Enix announces it (which I bet they will on the 28th at VanaFest). Remember, people can and do lie on their CV's!

Oh, also... I have no issue with it being on the Xbox 360. Doesn't change anything really, it's just like how FFXI is at the moment with PS2, Xbox 360 and PC.
    Last edited by Rostum; 02-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    As expected. If you thought it wouldn't be, you'd be pretty naive.
    I was under there was a legitimate chance it won't happen just because of the logistics involved. Square Enix, as I understand it, has been very disappointed with how FFXI has worked on the Xbox 360, largely because you're required to have a Gold Membership (thus paying a monthly fee to Microsoft) on top of their own subscription. This is what Square Enix has been discussing with Microsoft in the discussions mentioned in that article. Like Omecle, I feel there's no doubt that a release on the Xbox 360 is ultimately what both companies want, I just don't know if they'll reach a compromise which would be mutually beneficial.

It's not confirmed yet. Looking at the FFXIV website it still says PS3 and Windows. But I have no doubt it will find its way to the 360 eventually.
    Currently Playing:
    STARCRAFT II: WINGS OF LIBERTY for PC

Jack Tretton, President and CEO of SCEA, at the E3 09 Sony press meet said "And PlayStation 3 will be the only console you’ll be able to play Final Fantasy XIV on, when it launches in 2010.”

He said nothing about "exclusivity", 360 version will probably release a bit later than the PS3 and PC version!

And besides, all this says is that they're working on the 360 version....BUT if MS and SE cant work things out with the prices than this will be a useless waste of time!
    Last edited by nirojan; 02-27-2010 at 12:01 AM.

This means I might actually be able to play it then. oh happy days
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just you watch. A year before FFXIV is released, it'll be announced for the PS3, and the Xbox 360 fanboys will be all 'WHAT NO WAY IT'S NOT EXCLUSIVE ANYMORE MY CONSOLE IS WORTH LESS BECAUSE OF THIS'

(SPOILER)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Not truly official, but I'm expecting it.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I hope it's cross-platform-compatible, like they won't get specific servers but share with other consoles. Because I am sick of not being able to play games with people on Xbox .
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    I hope it's cross-platform-compatible, like they won't get specific servers but share with other consoles. Because I am sick of not being able to play games with people on Xbox .
    Don't worry, they stated it will be (just like how FFXI is). They pride themselves on this fact, too.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."