Thread: God of War III GTTV - How the?!?!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default God of War III GTTV - How the?!?!

Gametrailers TV with Geoff Keighley

Minor spoilers. (maybe medium if your a sissy early game stuff)
    Last edited by Croyles; 02-27-2010 at 03:05 PM.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Wasn't planning on getting this on release, but I am now. It looks smurfing incredible.

Articles
    Blog Entries

refuse to watch...

so it looks incredible?

Banned

Yeah, I've held out way too long to watch any spoilers now.

I still haven't played the demo. I think I'll go do that now.

EDIT: I watched a bit of it right after I finished the demo. I hope it really plays the way it does in that video, all nice and smooth, because the demo was rather choppy.
    Last edited by Rad Bromance; 02-28-2010 at 08:19 PM.

I think it should. The demo is from E3, so the engine was nowhere near as optimized as it is now. 8 months is a looong time, and the last couple of months of game development are pivotal when it comes to polish.

For the record, I haven't actually touched the demo, nor will I watch this footage. When March 16th hits, I go underground and don't come back up until Kratos lets me.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Articles
    Blog Entries

So I caved and watched it. "How the!?!?" is exactly right.

What stood out most to me is the artistic design. This may sound weird for a layman, but anyone who actually played the God of War games can attest how big a role art plays in those games, from the characters themselves to the animations and cinematography.

This is absolutely an evolution of that aspect. The amount of different colors at one time is pretty insane. Most "colorful" game are actually just as monochrome as grey shooters - they pretend it isn't with repetitiuos use of monochromatic green and blue for forests and rivers. But here - there's a lot of different shades of blues, reds and yellows on kratos, greens on Gaia and even on the enemies. One of the best parts about HD is the amount of different shades of colors you can show and this game is taking advantage of that unlike any other I've seen (with the exception of Uncharted and Killzone, but to a limited extent).

Mostly, though, the camera angles during gameplay have me really excited. It just looks awesome and I can't wait, only a couple days now really!!!