Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOLY EFFIN' HELL

Not that it's a bad thing, but it does seem like they went a tad nuts. I think they know where the game is heading. Merging servers send a strong message about things. I think they've decided to just make the remaining years of the game a huge playground of craziness. They are throwing crazy gear at people with the Bonanza.

Once XIV hits I'm just the playerbase will decline notably and people looking for a new MMO to try aren't going to fire up XI with FFXIV out there.

I'm personally excited about what SE is doing.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jibril View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Haha not even close
    Wowza, if you don't consider this to be jumping the shark, what does qualify to you? :o

This is like one of the most prime examples of jumping the shark as I've ever seen. Although I agree with Yearg that it might not necessarily be a BAD thing, but it certainly is a drastic departure from the original intentions of the game and is something brought on by declining numbers and/or a hope to reignite interest - the definition of jumping the shark.

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

Man I edited this post like 5 times and I realized I really didn't care because this update is probably going to blow anyway.
    Last edited by Jibril; 03-06-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

I think it's going to do quite a bit to change things up and for those that have stuck it out this long, that may or may or may not be a good thing. Considering the degree to which I play currently it's largely irrelevant to me.

If they make the game manageable to play while playing FFXIV either by lowering the cost, making mules free, shaving off the XP curve a bit, etc. then I might be willing to stick around where I was not before.

I think this could be a good move for those who love FFXI for its unique flavor. Anything that can keep the game moderately alive and maybe even more accessible so that people can access the amazing world and story is a plus in my book.