Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For some reason, I don't think Walt ever had this in mind.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default For some reason, I don't think Walt ever had this in mind.

Apparently Disney fails even more than I originally thought. For scenes of a movie to be that replicated because it's cheaper to hire someone to trace over old work than create new animations is pretty bad. Disney holds no shame

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Maybe that's why I liked all those movies as a kid!

O.O; I can't believe I never noticed this before, I used to watch those movies so much when I was a kid.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

*shrugs* A lot of those films are still great.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

It is bad, but even the films with the ripped scenes are way better than Cars 3<

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I think it's neat!

The creators of Beauty and the Beast reused the dancing scene from Sleeping Beauty because they were out of time, though. There's already amazing animation in it, anyway, so I'm not bothered!

Banned

Um yeah, welcome to 50 years ago. This was never a secret, and Disney never tried to hide the fact that they did this; in fact, they made it pretty clear they were doing it pre-release most of the time. They even recycled backgrounds from The Rescuers during the "Kiss the Girl" scene in The Little Mermaid, which they even discuss doing on the Special Edition DVD.

Of course Robin Hood was pretty ridiculous about it, and that was mainly because the studio was in financial hardship at the time and couldn't make up their minds how to move forward during it's production.

I think it's kind of cool myself, to be honest, and if you can reuse the framework from a previous work owned by your company to work in something new, I see no problem.

It's not like they did it more than a few times though, and considering how awesome the animation in said movies is, and how many wonderful animated features they've produced, it's more than excusable says I.

But I know there are people who hate Disney, and will look for any reason to fuel their hatred for them even more, and look at this and completely ignore all the achievements in animation they've made in the last 70 years in favor of complaining about a few reels of recycled line animation.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always noticed this a kid - I always thought that it was done deliberatly as tribute to their old films (like Final Fantasy IX had allowed of stuff like its predecessors)

EDIT: Forgive me if this sounds arrogant, but am I really the only one who noticed all this almost straight away, as soon as they saw the films as a kid? Everybody is suddenly talking about like they just discovered a missing page from The Bible or something...
    Last edited by MJN SEIFER; 02-28-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Because, I made a MISTAKE! OK?!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    Um yeah, welcome to 50 years ago. This was never a secret, and Disney never tried to hide the fact that they did this; in fact, they made it pretty clear they were doing it pre-release most of the time. They even recycled backgrounds from The Rescuers during the "Kiss the Girl" scene in The Little Mermaid, which they even discuss doing on the Special Edition DVD.

Of course Robin Hood was pretty ridiculous about it, and that was mainly because the studio was in financial hardship at the time and couldn't make up their minds how to move forward during it's production.

I think it's kind of cool myself, to be honest, and if you can reuse the framework from a previous work owned by your company to work in something new, I see no problem.

It's not like they did it more than a few times though, and considering how awesome the animation in said movies is, and how many wonderful animated features they've produced, it's more than excusable says I.

But I know there are people who hate Disney, and will look for any reason to fuel their hatred for them even more, and look at this and completely ignore all the achievements in animation they've made in the last 70 years in favor of complaining about a few reels of recycled line animation.

I never noticed it because I never watched that much Disney, I'm not freaking out, I just don't like it. Excuuuuuuuuuuse me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Princess!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

I never noticed it because I never watched that much Disney, I'm not freaking out, I just don't like it. Excuuuuuuuuuuse me.
    Your opening post did kind of suggest a long-standing dislike of Disney, whether intended or not.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Always noticed it and never cared. It would probably be worse if they were stealing the animations from a rival company, but it doesn’t really seem like that.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, I remember watching Jungle Book and Robin Hood together as often as possible to point out all of the similarities.

Not that I cared why they did it. The mind of a four year old does not think in terms of intellectual property.

Articles
    Blog Entries

All that did was make me want to watch Lion King again...and Lion King wasn't even in that video.