Thread: Three New Final Fantasy XI Expansions Announced

Default Three New Final Fantasy XI Expansions Announced

FINAL FANTASY XI

At Vanafest 2010 in Tokyo, Hiromichi Tanaka, the lead developer of Final Fantasy XI, announced that game will get three new high level battle area additions this year:
    • Vision of Abyssea
    • Scars of Abyssea
    • Heroes of Abyssea
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah don't know if I'll shell out another 30 bucks because the first three scenarios disappointed.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

These ones are adding new areas, dude. It's all the content for 75-99. xD

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will laugh my ass off if they announce Onion Knight as a new class for the expansions, just to see how many people will drive to play the game to see if the OK trick still works for the game. Even more amusing if they make their ultimate equips be the lv. 1 Onion Gear players start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yeah don't know if I'll shell out another 30 bucks because the first three scenarios disappointed.
    They won't release a full expansion like we saw with RoZ, CoP, ToAU and WoTG. They now have the infrustructure they didn't have back then, to release larger amounts of content periodically which is much more efficient, and imo a really good move.

Definitely hopeful that the quality for these new expansions will be much higher than the previous three.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    They won't release a full expansion like we saw with RoZ, CoP, ToAU and WoTG. They now have the infrustructure they didn't have back then, to release larger amounts of content periodically which is much more efficient, and imo a really good move.
    Which is fine. But don't give us one new thing and charge $10 for it. The expansions were all $20 a piece and in terms of content (and enjoyability) just one of them by far surpasses all of the add on scenarios combined.

It's fine if they want to release some new dynamis-type event. I think that's awesome. But why charge us extra for it? Dynamis came with all the other RoZ content, Limbus with CoP, Einherjar with ToAU, why not just call this new stuff part of WotG? Or each of the new things can be part of each of the add on scenarios. It just bugs me that they are now charging per individual piece of content for a game we already pay monthly for.

I understand economics and that if there is a market for something it makes sense from a business standpoint to charge for it. And people will pay for this because there are people who really want to do it and there are people who pay for anything FFXI related. I understand it, but it doesn't mean I can't be mad.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Which is fine. But don't give us one new thing and charge $10 for it. The expansions were all $20 a piece and in terms of content (and enjoyability) just one of them by far surpasses all of the add on scenarios combined.

It's fine if they want to release some new dynamis-type event. I think that's awesome. But why charge us extra for it? Dynamis came with all the other RoZ content, Limbus with CoP, Einherjar with ToAU, why not just call this new stuff part of WotG? Or each of the new things can be part of each of the add on scenarios. It just bugs me that they are now charging per individual piece of content for a game we already pay monthly for.

I understand economics and that if there is a market for something it makes sense from a business standpoint to charge for it. And people will pay for this because there are people who really want to do it and there are people who pay for anything FFXI related. I understand it, but it doesn't mean I can't be mad.
    I totally agree. I guess I'm just hoping it'll be worth it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."