Thread: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. Boko addition!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo The Good, the Bad, the Ugly. Boko addition!

I love the job class system in FFV and was curious to know what everyone's favorite set-ups were. What classes do you feel were the best, which ones could be better, which ones were only good as sub-jobs, and which ones were just plain terrible.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

This looks somehow familiar.
    GOOD -------------------------
    Knight - Useful fall back for most of the game, and if you keep a character as a knight from the very beginning of the game you can learn Double Grip fairly early for a large advantage the rest of the game.

Monk - One of the most useful classes in the game, just for the ability to have all of your spell casters learn Brawl to make random battles easier. Good damage, but I would rather have a Knight just because I think swords are cool.

Mystic Knight - With Double Grip (which you can have had your knight learn by the time you get this) the Mystic Knight is a boss destroying machine. Very useful, though I never got too attached to the class for some reason.

Dragoon - Unfortunately I didn't find dragoons all that useful in FFV, but I still love the class all the same. Goes in good even though it doesn't deserve it.

Samurai - Only useful in combination with Double Grip or Dual Wield, but Slash! is a very OP skill once you learn it.

Black Mage - I would never lug one through a dungeon if it wasn't for brawl. Shines on elementally weak bosses, but like most games if I don't have enough MP to use magic every battle I tend to lose interest in casting classes. Still valuable to bring along though.

BAD -------------------------
    Thief - Terrible class, I only ever have it equiped at the end of the game to grind out the very useful support abilities. Totally not worth dragging one arround for though.

Berserker - I love not being able to control my characters....

Beastmaster - Never found out how to use these effectively.

Geomancer - Ditto, though bypassing damage floors is a good ability to know.

Ranger - No use for this class other than X-Fight!

Bard - No use for this class at all

Dancer - See Bard

Chemist - See Bard and Dancer

UGLY -------------------------
    White Mage - The fact that you can have classes shift into White Mage between battles to heal mitigates the usefulness of this class. Still, Brawl lets them carry their weight.

Blue Mage - I never researched Blue Magic, so I never used this class. I'm guessing like in most games Blue Magic is OP if you know what you are doing.

Red Mage - Nice and strong when you get them, then peter out. Just like any good jack of all trades.

Time Mage - Never had that much of a use for them, only redeeming feature was that they could act as a White or Black Mage as well as a Time Mage.

Summoner - Fun to use, but I didn't find it all that better than any other classes.

Ninja - I wasn't to high on the Ninja, it seemed like they had average damage output but high vulnerability. Of course Dual Weild is undisputedly an excellent ability to know.

(Wow, I just got a look at the FFV:A extra classes on FF wiki, and I have to say all the sprites look terrible.)

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Good

Knight - Beastly.

White Mage - I need that healing.

Black Mage - I need that magic.

Time Mage - They used Slow right?

Samurai - Can also be beastly.

Dragoon - I just think the name is cool and it reminds of Legend of the Dragoon.

Summoner

The Bad

Thief - I always find them useless in every FF game.

Beserker - See above Velo sarcasm.

The Ugly

All the others because I cba to use them.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The thread title made me think we were going to talk about which of Boko's chicks/kids were good, bad or ugly.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Bacon Bandito View Post
    The thread title made me think we were going to talk about which of Boko's chicks/kids were good, bad or ugly.
    We could do that too

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

good:

Samurai - good evade, good weapons, giltoss

Mystic Knight - sword magic is very good

Dancer - SWORD DANCE

Knight - the staple

bad:

Time Mage - meteor not good enough

ugly: