Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Winter Olympic review

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

At the international level a lot of athletes have a lot of friends from other countries. It's so common that I find it a little weird when the media comments on a specific athlete's choice of friends. It seems like a fairly ubiquitous phenomenon to me.

wow, a winter athlete modeling in summer clothing... interesting indeed.
    Aside from Speed skating outfits its the only way to get attention

Actually, it's figure skating outfits that are revealing, not speed skating outfits.

And is it really true that a lot of athletes have friends from other countries? If so, I don't know why I don't see it that often... hearing about the friendship between America's Lindsey Vonn and Germany's Maria and Susanne Riesch was only the first time I ever heard about something like that. I've heard that the Vonns stay over at the Riesches' home for the holidays.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 03-12-2010 at 06:00 AM.
    Is that your final answer?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Actually, it's figure skating outfits that are revealing, not speed skating outfits.
    Speed Skating outfits may not show much skin, but you're not going to be hiding anything when you wear one.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I totally forgot about figure skating get ups, but that is probably because figure skating is the only 'sport' I have absolutely no interest in.

(For the record, I respect the physical demands of the sport, my beef is with all the artsy crap. If they took it out and just graded on technical difficulty of program I would watch and enjoy.)

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I totally forgot about figure skating get ups, but that is probably because figure skating is the only 'sport' I have absolutely no interest in.

(For the record, I respect the physical demands of the sport, my beef is with all the artsy crap. If they took it out and just graded on technical difficulty of program I would watch and enjoy.)
    I couldn't agree more, but I don't think many people would watch it if they did that. It'd be kind of like Gymnastics on ice then and if there's one thing I've noticed over the years it's that Gymnastics doesn't get nearly as much TV coverage as Figure Skating, even though I find it to be one of the most amazing sports around in terms of the strength, flexibility and coordination required.

I didn't really watch it this year. I saw some curling, but that was about it.

It just didn't catch my attention properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post

I couldn't agree more, but I don't think many people would watch it if they did that. It'd be kind of like Gymnastics on ice then and if there's one thing I've noticed over the years it's that Gymnastics doesn't get nearly as much TV coverage as Figure Skating, even though I find it to be one of the most amazing sports around in terms of the strength, flexibility and coordination required.
    Well, 2008 gold medalist Shawn Johnson was on Dancing with the Stars last year, but other than that, I haven't really seen gymnastics on TV since then... I do see a lot of figure skating, though.

Being from Montreal, it's kind of hard not to follow hockey. And that fact that it was in Canada... well. It also coincided nicely with my spring break. Ahem.

When Alexandre Bilodeau won the first gold medal, I was pretty damn close to choking up. It was so epic. That would have to be the top Olympic moment for me. The second is the Team Canada hockey gold. It was one of the most entertaining hockey games I've ever seen.

I don't think I cheered louder than when Sidney Crosby scored. Even though it was an ugly goal (AND it really was), it'll go up there with Henderson in '72, and Lemieux in '87.

I had no problem with Lindsey Vonn until her bronze medal acceptance ceremony, where she pulled out her gold. Kinda taking away the moment for the actual gold medalist. Was a really bitchy thing to do.

Well, Doomie, Lindsey Vonn did crash out of the next race and ended up without a medal, and was suffering from a shin injury. And I didn't see her taking out her gold medal when she was on the podium for her bronze.