Thread: Alpha/Beta Invites

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

PS3 Beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I'd hate to be a stickler, but I honestly hope not too much gets leaked. Mainly for the integrity of the game and all the hard work Square-Enix has put in to it.
    You just want to hoard all the information to yourself for as long as you can!
    IT'S ALL MINE!

Oh, this might interest some of you guys:
    Eorzeapedia: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) News, Wiki, Forums, Community and more » FFXIclopedia Special Beta Recruitment
    Special Final Fantasy XIV Beta Recruitment :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) at ZAM

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Where do you find your Square Enix Email? Is it on POL? Or is it something that only Security Token buyers get?

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    PS3 Beta?
    yeah I'd definitely be a part of that....tbh my PC aint that great even if i did get in for the PC beta,I'd probably be running it on low specs. I'd rather run the PS3 beta because ill be in line with most other people.

Lionx, that would be the email that you entered here back when the security tokens came out.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimage View Post
    Lionx, that would be the email that you entered here back when the security tokens came out.
    Just to clarify, you don't need a security token either.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Oh alright lol. Thanks alot guys, appreciate it

EDIT: I just wondered, how would they know you play FFXI? Do i have to link my SE Account with my POL one?
    Last edited by Lionx; 03-05-2010 at 04:01 AM.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

No problem, good luck getting in.

RDM 75, PLD 65, BST 75, MNK 75, SAM 75

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    EDIT: I just wondered, how would they know you play FFXI? Do i have to link my SE Account with my POL one?
    It would be nice to.

Can new members get the invites?

I joined two days ago and want to know if I should get my hopes up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I'd hate to be a stickler, but I honestly hope not too much gets leaked. Mainly for the integrity of the game and all the hard work Square-Enix has put in to it.

I've noticed a lot of the gaming community don't actually understand the purpose of alpha/beta testing. However, I do realise this is not the case for a lot of people, but some just see it as a "try before buy!" type thing, or something they can gain by leaking information.

Need to realise these releases will not reflect the final release at all.

But on the other side, Square-Enix are great at being so secretive that it pisses their fan base off. So in that respect it'll be nice to have information available!
    As much as I want info, I largely agree. People are too stupid to realize that alphas/betas are going to be buggy and those on the outside my forecast the game as being such. MMOs more than most tend to be very different at release than during beta and almost unrecognizable from alpha. Hell, a year after release the game will be completely ridiculously different.

EDIT: As for newer players getting beta invites, those on BG reporting the reception of invites seemed to- without exception -have quite the resume in the game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

well, Wildraubtier doesn't have quite a resume and he got in :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Yeah, my "in-game resume" is nothing special at all. I wouldn't trust reports coming from BG, personally, but that's just me.

They probably want a huge array of players, with and without MMO Experience to play it. Its best to have more different types of opinions.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

I figure it's more to do with the fact that most of the people who post or even lurk on BG have played for a very long time.

I don't know why you would suggest that the information on BG is somehow less trustworthy. I'd certainly trust it over Alla on any given day because most of the posters there have the built in BS-o-meter and don't really let stupid crap buy without something to back it up, though that's all pretty irrelevant when it comes to the beta invites.

I'm with Lionx about who they should pick, but being SE, they aren't necessarily thinking that logically about it. Optimally you'd want a wide age range, a mix of sexes, a mix of system specs, and a mix of those who are and are not familiar with MMOs in general.