Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cellular Devices

Doctor Who?

Default Cellular Devices

I've had Cellular One, Cingular, At&t and now Verizon.
    Out of all of these I'm liking Verizon the best. I get great service and my phone is awesome. I've go the Chocolate Touch. It's completely touch screen. Plus it came with unlimited texting to anywhere IN THE WORLD.

So topic: What's your favorite cell phone provider and do you like touch screens, phones with QWERTY keyboards, flip phones, PDA phones, etc?
    You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.

Blog Entries

I'm jealous. I want unlimited texting. D:
    I used to use this crappy service called TracFone and now I use a slightly less crappy service called Net10. They both feature a prepaid minutes feature, but since I text a lot and it costs me money to text I constantly have to buy more minutes. It's annoying.
    I don't really like touch phones but I love the sliding phones with a keyboard. So much easier to text that way.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

I use Verizon and I have since my first cell phone. It works for me, and I hear horror stories about other companies (though Verizon is not without). I prefer QWERTY keyboards for the rare occasion that I text someone, they're easier to manage. I hate touch screen phones because I butt-dial sometimes or activate the voice-talking-command-thingy-that-interrupts-my-class-and-makes-me-look-dumb program.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The LG Chocolate 2 is so sexy. It's a shame Verizon discontinued it. I don't have a favorite phone company as they are all money hungry schemers though I do prefer Verizon over the others. After dealing with Sprint for some years, any phone company is better.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've only ever used Verizon, and personally have no complaints. I also prefer phones with QWERTY keyboards.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess I have verizon now, since Alltel got bought out.

I use an LG Glimmer. I loved the concept, but the hardware is . It's almost impossible to check texts because the touchscreen is so unresponsive. Looking forward to a replacement

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have an iPhone with Telstra. You know...Telstra! Right guys!?

Damn 'mericans.

Verizon forever. Their service in Southern California is unparalleled. :P ATT used to suck beyond all reason, but they're slowly moving up to mediocre. T-Mobile is decent, but data service is still primitive. (SPOILER)lol @ sprint

I like both touch screens and QWERTYs. My phone has both! LG enV Touch. Touch screen is fine, but lolno multi-touch.

Phonez

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eternal essence View Post
    I have an iPhone with Telstra. You know...Telstra! Right guys!?

Damn 'mericans.
    How patriotic of you. xD.

Telstra already monopolises our landlines, and I prefer not to use them because they're generally more pricey and I used to work for Optus.

My mobile phone is with Three. It does the job. Lots of free minutes to other Three users which is good for calling the missus.

I'm using the Samsung Omnia atm (first version) and it's good, I s'pose. I don't really need all the faux-smartphoney things it does because I just call, text and take photos, so I'll probably make a switch when the contract runs out. My girlfriend gets annoyed at the touchscreen, but I don't mind it. The QWERTY touchscreen keyboard is a plus, but the preset skin had tiny little icons that left me resorting to my stylus until I got the hang of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, telstra are pricey, and I desperately try to avoid talking to them whenever I can, but you can not beat the coverage. I've been out in the middle of nowhere and I'll be the only one who can still get a decent signal (I only know 2 other people who are actually with telstra :s).

I work for a Canadian cellular company called Telus, so I'm biased.. But honestly most providers are essentially the same, unless you have very specific needs or feel that you like unlimited texting for 10 dollars instead of 15 but want to pay the difference in your system access fee - it's all ridiculously aesthetic rather than functional when it comes to that stuff.

Anyway I have a BB Storm and still wonder why people hate the phone because it has worked perfectly for me since I got it at (canadian) launch.

It has a full keyboard on the click touch screen which is very important.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I have a verizon wireless blackberry curve 8520.

tracfone for four phones now. moto, moto, lg, moto
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

I have an LG Dare (touchscreen) with Verizon service and neither have failed me once so far. Back when I had Cingular (is that ATT now?) I had numerous problems with not only the phone but also with lots of dead zones in random places. Pissed me off like no other.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a Samsung Glyde, which is pretty cool, I guess. Too bad no one ever calls or text me enough to warrant owning it.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.