Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Final Fantasy Census!!! Final RESULTS!!!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    My prediction is FFVII number 1, FFVI number 2. Maybe FFIX or FFX number 3.

FFVII will probably be in the bottom 3 as well. Most people have a strong reaction either way on that one.
    I was pretty close! It went VII #1, VI and IX tied for #2, X and V tied for #3.

Who were the least favorites, WK?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one voted for any of NES era FF titles which surprised me a bit but I'm sure if Elpizo and Black Orb had participated they would have gotten some loving. Beyond the 8-bit tiles, I would say there was no love for Crystal Chronicles, Tactics Advance series, or any of the sequels except X-2. Of the titles actually voted on, X-2 and XIII only received one vote a piece.

There were 39 participants for the Census and I would love to say thank you to everyone for spending some time to send me some info. The next time we do this, I'm gunning for at least 50 participants if not 60.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

V tied with X for third (fourth?) place? Interesting. And it's a shame that the NES games got no love. I really enjoy FFIII, but it unfortunately just doesn't crack my top three.

Great job, Wolf. Pencil me in as another who'd be willing to put some time in for the next project.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh I just realized least favorite wasn't on the survey. Maybe add that for next time! Great job WK, this was really cool.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Beyond the 8-bit tiles, I would say there was no love for Crystal Chronicles, Tactics Advance series, or any of the sequels except X-2. Of the titles actually voted on, X-2 and XIII only received one vote a piece.
    I think the spin offs not getting much love could come down to some confusion over whether they could be voted for in our choices. I know I didn't realize that they were allowed until you said so sometime later or I might have included Tactics in my entry, but didn't feel strongly enough one way or the other to change my entry after the fact.

Anywho, do you have any idea on when you might like to do another census? I think there are enough people volunteering here that it shouldn't be as large a work load the second time.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not surprising at all that FFVII is that loved.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I want a big Final Fantasy role playing game. Seems like the forum's been a bit more activate since a little before E3.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

Anywho, do you have any idea on when you might like to do another census? I think there are enough people volunteering here that it shouldn't be as large a work load the second time.

I'm thinking of trying another one before the year is out. Obviously its too soon to start one now but setting up the group and discussing what should go into the next census will take enough time to be ready by the year's end. I also plan on lengthening the time slot to turn in forms and doing a lot more advertisement since I would love to have a higher volume of entries this time around, especially from the ladies.

I'm shooting for September to start the next one and then have the votes tallied around either the next Ciddies or more likely New Years depending on the volume of participation and free time of the committee to count out everything. :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    and what's with you girls why don't y'all like IX?
    Three Words:
    Not. Enough. Leather.
    Or Belts.
    So Five Words.

Slap some leather on Zidane and his sex appeal with the ladies (and FFIX's score) rises several notches.

Seriously though, considering the very limited number of women participating, it's a miracle we got the variety that we did.

Also, I would love if Zidane had some nice tight leather pants on.

But yeah, great job doing all this WK. I can't imagine putting this much effort into...anything.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Since I was definitely one of the (actually informed) people who voted FFT, I went back in my PMs and realized I was the one who messed up the voting. You could've told me to fix it! I have no idea wtf instructions I was reading the first time, but I sent you a PM with the details, in case you care. I certainly care, because the lack of FFT-love makes me sad.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Cool results. I didn't know many really liked VIII's for it's music that much. Only about three stood out to me. Shame IX wasn't first and what's with you girls why don't y'all like IX?
    It's not bad, but it's nothing special as far as FF goes. It was a nice game and I liked it a lot, but it's not one of my favorites. I didn't vote, though. If I had, there'd be additional FFX and FFXII love. FFXIII too if it were later.