Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So I'm Finally Gonna Play XII

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sadly, there are no easier ways to obtain money other than selling loot. Though I do recommend doing the Mark Hunts as they reward you with better gear by mid-game so it starts to go a bit easier on your wallet. You may also want to stop using Teleport Crystals and just start walking everywhere so you can level and get better loot.

Now may also be the time to start doing some of the side-quests to obtain the optional Espers. A good chunk of them should be available and they are some pretty awesome battles that will make you really have to use the Gambit system proper.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, the Elder Wyrm is a total bastard! I remember just walking (well, running for my life) round him and taking him out later in the game.

Regarding loot, bear in mind that the bigger the chain, the better the loot. So it's best to simply kill one type of enemy. The undead are total bitches for doing this, so it's best to go places that they are. The Stilshrine of Miriam is probably your best training spot at the moment. I made a ty and hard to understand map for you, which might help if you can understand it. Basically, enemies respawn if you go two screens away. So, you run back and forth along the dotted line until nothing appears, then run back to the start point. Then you do it again. You'll easily be getting 30+ chains per run, and this leads to massive loot and easy XP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the advice guys. Guess I'll just go around and grind for some LP and Loot.

Question though. Is the Poach ability worth anything? It says you can sell monsters or something as Loot. Does that give you a decent bit of Gil?

EDIT:
    I've been doing some research and it seems like my best bet is to get the Forgotten Grimoire.

Also when you say chains, do you mean Quickening chains or just regular chained attacks? Are regular chained attacks when everyone attacks at the same time?
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 03-15-2010 at 05:21 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Poach basically kills an enemy and turns them into a piece of loot. I believe they still drop loot as well funny enough...

"Chains" in this instance is when you begin to kill the same type of enemies over and over again. Your first look at it was probably during the Yensa Sandsea section cause there are tons of similar enemies wandering the area. As you increase the chain in this instance, enemies start dropping multiples of common loot and even raise the chances they will drop rare items. Eventually, once you chain kill 60 -100 enemies, you can start getting minor HP/MP restores for your party. Later in the game, these kill chains will be very important if you want the ultimate items (like Tournesol) that can only be obtained in the Bazaar.

Here's a bizarre little question. Do you guys ever think some characters just don't look right with certain weapons?

For instance, Vaan looks completely idiotic wth a Pole.

I have Vaan wielding Daggers because they seem like his kind of weapon. That or swords.

Ashe is good with any kind of weapon.

I like Penelo with Hammers because it's rather adorable.

Plus you gotta factor in the different animations for their Victory Pose depending on the weapon they have. i really like Vaan's Dagger pose.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The way they hold weapons are also different. Specifically Katanas.

Okay, seriously. Screw this game. Damn it to Hell.

I spend 10 maybe 15 minutes fighting the Ring Wyrm and then beat it and then on the way back, I get destroyed by some floating fire thing called a blabh blah Entite or whatever.

Yeah screw this game. smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf.

They're just lucky the RW wasn't worth much in terms of reward because I am not doing that crap aagain after this BS.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah. Entites are bastards. Met one in the Yensa Sandsea when I first went there. HATE THEM IN THE FACE. If you ever see one at the very edge of the screen, just go a different way. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can also just turn off all your gambits and walk past them or use the escape option. As long as you don't attack them or use magic of any kind near them, they are pretty docile.

Beyond that, they are evil SOBs

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Okay, seriously. Screw this game. Damn it to Hell.

I spend 10 maybe 15 minutes fighting the Ring Wyrm and then beat it and then on the way back, I get destroyed by some floating fire thing called a blabh blah Entite or whatever.

Yeah screw this game. smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf.

They're just lucky the RW wasn't worth much in terms of reward because I am not doing that crap aagain after this BS.
    Your first experience with an entite is always a bad one. I remember when an entite first slaughtered my party though seemingly unprovoked. Once you figure out that they wont hurt you if you don't cast magick around them, they become quite harmless. Watch out for other entites that will undoubtedley pop up in certain areas
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Well I just did a night of hunting. Took down the Ring Wyrm (again), some giant Bunny for one of Fran's people, the Mindflayer and the White Mouse flan in the Waterway.

I tried to tackle Marilith because I overestimated my abilities a tad. I just got a bunch of augments and Gil you see. He beat us all but I know I could have won if I had gone in prepared. So I got Vaan and Ashe their last Quickenings for the massive boost in MP, bought some more Phoenix Downs and I'll kick his butt when I wake up.

I think then i may go to this Feywood place. I hear it's a great source of Gil thanks to the Loot you get.

EDIT:
    Oh and what was the Geomancer in Jahara talking about when he says there's something of great power in the Mines but I'm not ready to get it?
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 03-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Default He probably means the secret area of the Henne mines

You're no way ready for that yet.

Yes we should of reminded you about the Entites. They do drop rare items you need to make special weapons so eventually you will want to kill them.But you need to level up quite a bit and get better weapons before you will be able to do that.

I'm not planning on fighting Entites. It's Mirrorknights that drop all valuable items.

Level 37 isn't enough to take them on? I thought the stuff iN Faywood wer eall level 30ish.

Default well you need to fight entites

to make some of those special weapons/items.

I presume you intend to use the bazaar ?

In time you'll be able to beat the entites without difficulty. I seem to recall each one has a weakness.

I did read faqs about the game as I was playing it.I realize some people don't like reading faqs as they feel it spoils the game for them.
    But without the help of faqs this game would be very difficult to complete.
    Just my opinion.

Good luck.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You might want to hold off on the Feywoods... Yeah the enemies are level 30ish but they have a wonderful time swarming you and trying to tackle 10 of the Tomato monsters with three party members with the same level is still going to be a challenge. I'd wait since you'll eventually be going there anyway.

As for the Mines that the Jahara mentions... yeah, ANGRYWOLF is right. You don't want to go there. That's not a friendly place. He'll give you the key to access the rest of the Henne Mines once you obtain 8 or 10 of the 13 Espers.

If you are looking for new uncharted lands, I'd go to Balfoheim since its a bit of a detour on your way to Archades but you can get access to some really good gear there. You could also sneak into the Necrohol of Nabudis at this point and get some levels. You'll need to go here if you want to get Chaos later.

Once again, I'd recommend taking down the Espers. Adrammelech is probably useless now but Zeromus and Exodus will definetly be helpful to you at this point. Cuchulain and Zalera are also pretty nifty and have decent usability times at this point in the game as well.

Really, the trip to Archades is one of the larger parts of the game that finally lets you really explore the world. Have you tried traveling on one of the commercial airships yet? Have you visited the tribe in the Giza Plains? How about Nabradia? There are tons of little fun side-quests that should be available at this time as well.