Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: So I'm Finally Gonna Play XII

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you buy the Black Masks in Balfoheim?

Default You can only buy black masks after a certain point in the game...

I wasn't to that point...so I was trying to get zodiark a bit early and as you see it hasn't worked...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd wait to get the Black Masks cause they will save you so much frustration...

Where did you leave off in the plot?

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I'd want Aegis shields and Opal rings aswell tbqfh. Shell shields would go a long way too

Revenant Wings is like Tactics if Tactics had it's gameboard' removed and characterscould walk around normally..

Second sequal? No damned idea.
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

Default I have Reddas...

with me and I had accepted Zodiark and was told about the Pharos lighthouse.

I presume you will say I should just go on to Pharos and get past that...

After that I presume the masks will be available at Balfonheim..
    and Bahamut will be visible in the sky.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well that goes without saying. You need the Black Masks to counter Darkja's damage (though there is no protection from its instant death effect) but it will make things less annoying. Scathe is also a must cause Flare takes too long to recover and if memory serves me correct, he has an ability that makes him immune to Holy.

If your levels are high enough, you can beat him easily by knocking him down to a third of his health and then try using a Quickening chain to finish him off in one fell swoop but I never have much luck with Quickenings so I stick to twiddling him down with magic. I ended up manually moving all three party members around him to form a triangle and had each of them spam Scathe. The triangle formation prevents Zodiark from hitting all of your party with Darkja and Scathe.

I'm sure someone has a much better strategy but that's what worked for me and my levels were around 50'ish.

Default I think I have one mask already...

just not enough for everyone.
    Don't demon shields works against darkaja ?

They don't seem to work too well.

I guess you're right and I might as well go on to pharos.
    I was hoping to get at least one set of grand armor and maybe a ribbon before I went there but not having much luck at the nechrol or finding the legendary red chocobo.

so onward I go.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Well that goes without saying. You need the Black Masks to counter Darkja's damage (though there is no protection from its instant death effect) but it will make things less annoying. Scathe is also a must cause Flare takes too long to recover and if memory serves me correct, he has an ability that makes him immune to Holy.

If your levels are high enough, you can beat him easily by knocking him down to a third of his health and then try using a Quickening chain to finish him off in one fell swoop but I never have much luck with Quickenings so I stick to twiddling him down with magic. I ended up manually moving all three party members around him to form a triangle and had each of them spam Scathe. The triangle formation prevents Zodiark from hitting all of your party with Darkja and Scathe.

I'm sure someone has a much better strategy but that's what worked for me and my levels were around 50'ish.
    Shell gives you 50% protection from the death affect on Darkja. Aegis shields give 50% evasion from his spells. Opal rings will allow you to bypass his reflect.

Default Of course....

from reading other message boards I know some people were able to beat Zodiark prior to going to Pharos.

Scathe isn't available until after Pharos..or so it seems.

So we're on our way to Pharos first....

a few days later...

I completed Pharos.
    I was surprised the monsters were that weak.The bosses weren't a decent challenge.
    The best cutscenes of the entire game were in Pharos. I was surprised.Maybe Matsuno worked on that part of the game before he left.
    I'm going to try to do all the remaining hunts before I go to Bahamut.
    Last edited by ANGRYWOLF; 04-26-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added comments