Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Voice Acting thread

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I thought the voice acting was all fantastic, except for Dajh. Dajh annoyed the out of me.
    jkhkjg

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoabella View Post
    When Vanille summons Hecatoncheir, she screams like she's dying at one point. And the sounds she makes throughout battles is annoying! Why would they do this to such an awesome character?
    Awesome character? Does she get awesome later on or something because I'd like her to die right now. It's been a long time since I've seen such an utterly annoying character who's so out of place with everything else in the game. I hate everything from her personality and her dialogue to her voice actress.

Luckily, just about everyone else is better so far. Some good voice acting all around with Sazh definitely being the best thus far, not to mention the best character.

I don't really understand the hate of Vanille's voice acting. I really like her accent, it's like Australian but not which makes it more fantasy-y.
    jkhkjg

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah what is it with the Australian hate? xD It's better than hundreds of American voices.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by zombiedude55 View Post
    Yeah what is it with the Australian hate? xD It's better than hundreds of American voices.
    I have no problem with the Australian in her accent. It's her often inappropriately bright and cheery dialogue combined with an annoyingly high pitched voice. Just listening to the sound of her voice grates my nerves.

I prefer her to Rikku and Penelo, though. :P
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't see how anyone could prefer her to Rikku and Penelo. Both had much better voice actresses.

Blog Entries

In general, I like the voice acting. I like the Australian accents, even if they're not supposed to be outright Aussie and more of a fantasy-world Aussie.

I think Fang's voice lends itself to the word "mate" quite well. She should've used it. xD

I just beat the game, and I have to say, I was blown away by the voice acting. I was still suffering from shock after Mena Suvari's mutilation of Aerith's voice and my eardrums hadn't quite healed yet, so I wasn't expecting such a performance from the main character VAs.

Lol, I love Sazh's VA the best, I think. "Follow the old man's lead", "This dampness sure is damp", "You think it'll all be sugar and rainbows?" are some of my favorite quotes.

Fang's VA was great, too. I was surprised to learn her accent wasn't natural.

I was worried about Lightning for a while from what I had heard in one of the early trailers. Back then, it was rumored that Kim Mae Guest would do her voice and I was real iffy on that. But Ali Hillis did the character justice and put all my fears to rest.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Nearing the end of the game and I think overall the main cast has been pretty good. There's some awful dialogue, but the voicework does some decent things with it and is pretty impressive at points.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    Nearing the end of the game and I think overall the main cast has been pretty good. There's some awful dialogue, but the voicework does some decent things with it and is pretty impressive at points.
    Snow, especially.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Blog Entries

Haha damn, I knew I'd heard Dysley's voice somewhere before. It's S. Scott Bullock who voiced Logos in FFX-2. Now I'll constantly expect him to say "you're too slow, little girl" or "three.. plus.. one.. makes.. HOW MANY?"

Oh and Jihl = Paula Tiso = Lulu. *removes glasses* "you truly are clueless. Are you sure it's your memory that's the problem?"

Most of the other X cast seem to have been in it, in minor Cocoon roles.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 04-15-2010 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    Snow, especially.

Yeah rite, Snow is awesome! SERAH!!!!

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    Snow, especially.
    Yep. Not sure how the VA did it, but he managed to turn a dull, cliched douchebag into a likable one. He even made it bearable when Snow was acting like a complete parody of himself (seriously, how many times did the guy dash off in a rage at Barthandelus only to get knocked back by a forcefield?)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ahahahaha, I noticed that too, I loved it! I felt that Snow had some good lines, too. Basically the off-hand ones he makes every now and then. When he's being serious, though, he's crap.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!