Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 1 & 2 thread) Well, the opening cutscene is hella rad

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

*yawn* (Chapters 1 & 2 thread) Well, the opening cutscene is hella rad

Let's post our initial experiences without fear of spoilers or being looked down upon by the cool dudes who are already like 50 hours into the game!

Now I am fighting something with a lot of saws. Why does it need eight saws? I assume it doesn't work in a saw mill. I think it has a laser tail, is that....no...it can't be...GUARD SCORPION: THE REVENGE?

Man, Sazh is already a winner!

Ooh, camera controls. Let's see if we can make this baby look up Lightning's skirt.

EDIT: Ha. I just went off the main path and got an Iron Bangle for my troubles. Linear my ass.

Your turn. Go!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, I also thought about Guard Scorpion. That was pretty cool. But you're being harsh, maybe his day job is was slicing up enormous pieces of salami.

I'm pretty much loving it so far. Battles are sharp and tight affairs and they're already starting to ramp up the difficulty a little. Rye died, fyi :laugh:

I love how the Frocobo just randomly pops out and back into Sazh's afro. Great win. But I'm liking everyone so far so that's cool.

And yeah that opening was just

Articles

She died? Hahahaha how terrible.

I had some boss battle (I think) and it ended with Snow getting uppercutted 15 feet into the air by said boss while Gadot shot it in the mouth. Snow was in mid air on the victory screen which amused the hell out of me. Still, he managed to punch a guy in the face, killing him, a split second before he nailed Lebreau so you've got to give the man props for that.

"Moms are tough" hahahaha.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

STFU Huxley!

I died because there was so much to LOOK AT I forgot to pay attention to my HP. I like the battle system over all. I prefer FFX's the most so far, but this is pretty rad.

I really like the opening scene. Lightning's jumping around like a psycho torpedo is fantastic - and Sazh's pathetic falling down. Sazh is incredibly endearing. Even the doofy characters are cute too.

Oh my god (SPOILER)when Mommy died I almost cried! Noooo Mama!

Does anyone else really like how in this game, children are actually treated like, you know, children? Seems like such a far cry from Pokemon RPG "You're ten years old, you're an adult now, goodbye!" XDD

Articles

My favourite line in Chapter Two so far (not much of a spoiler but I'll mark it anyway. It happens right as you get the Instrument of Tragedy achievement) (SPOILER)Sazh: Looks like we're playing for Team Pulse now. Sazh is basically the Donkey to Lightning's Shrek and I love it.

Also the Datalog is really helpful to understanding what is going on.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Moms ARE tough!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Moms are tough" is genius, did you see what she did (SPOILER)with that rocket launcher? I mean who just knows how to do that so epically? I might need a new set

And yes hahahahah Sazh is so so win he just keeps coming out with perfect lines. What a great analogy Paul

Also I said it to Rye IRL but I agree totally. The kids are left as far away from danger as possible and protected as best as possible.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's such a great way of putting it, Paul. XD I was worried they were gonna you know, Chris Rock him up, but it's much more fun and innocent, like Shrek.

EDIT: Hux and I are going to play through this rather slow, we think. We're sharing a save file and we're trying not to play it without the other one there. We switch off every so often. It's kind of better that way, to be honest!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want this game so bad now ;-;

Articles

I tell you one thing, this game isn't nearly as linear as I had expected from the "OMG IT'S A STR8 LINE!" whining that was going on before it was released. There's been several branching paths. Hell, Hope even said to me "Are you sure you're going the right way?" when I wandered about aimlessly as Vanille.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest, from what I was hearing complaints-wise, I was expecting a rather dry, old man-ish game that was more business than pleasure. But from what you guys are saying, I shall enjoy this game thoroughly

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I tell you one thing, this game isn't nearly as linear as I had expected from the "OMG IT'S A STR8 LINE!" whining that was going on before it was released. There's been several branching paths. Hell, Hope even said to me "Are you sure you're going the right way?" when I wandered about aimlessly as Vanille.
    Wooooord.

EDIT: AHHHHHHHH ZOMBIES OH GOD NO.

EDIT2: Oh christ they look like the thing from Pan's Labyrinth oh god no.
    Last edited by Rye; 03-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Wooooord.

EDIT: AHHHHHHHH ZOMBIES OH GOD NO.
    Word^2

Though the maps do have a FFX feel to them (in terms of linearity that is), but it is totally not a bad thing.

The first two chapters of the game are kinda a blur to me...I was still buzzed last night when I started playing, so yeah. :x

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

So, I have died a bunch. You?

Articles

Not once.