Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: (Chapters 1 & 2 thread) Well, the opening cutscene is hella rad

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Edited my post, although I thought it would be kind of obvious that you inevitably end up there.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoB
    Edited my post, although I thought it would be kind of obvious that you inevitably end up there.
    I'd be inclined to agree. I'm only up to Chapter 3, and though it's so early-days that I don't even know what Crystarium is, it is obvious. And I can't wait to get there.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I told you some people are sensitive.
    Some people are stupid too, but I just refer to my signature in those instances.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First two chapters done. All I must say is that good god is this game long winded with its story.

Sahz has easily emerged as the most entertaining and most likable character. Lightning comes across void of personality (probably cause she doesn't talk) and could be a freaking android at this point. Snow is amusing but lord I was getting sick and tired of all the "hero" crap. It was funny when Balthier used it to break the fourth wall in XII and even then he only said it a handful of times in the game, which is about the same amount used in the first ten minutes of introducing Snow, of which the game just continues with it. I'm still hoping for NORA to all die Avalanche style.

Hope is annoying as I thought, I don't really understand why he's having a hard time talking to Snow about his feelings, anger to me is something that just comes naturally and doesn't need courage and mental thought put to it. You would think he was trying to ask Snow out on a date in some of the scenes. Vanille is just weird... Is it me, or is her VA the same as Rikku from FFX using a faux Aussie accent?

The opening is exciting but it really started to get bogged down with some slow pacing. Still, everything has been interesting so far. Combat still looks to be promising as I've been having fun getting the hang of it. Am I also the only person who noticed that this game is littered with Save Points? I'm practically tripping over them every few feet. I'm also going to agree with a few people here and say that some of the times the Log entries of the story explain more about what characters are thinking than the actual story is. Still, things are interesting, combat is surprisingly fun despite being bare at the moment, and the game is pretty funny, both intentionally and not so.

just got this game. Its great fun! I am loving lightning she is very cool

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

While the opening scene was pretty I didn't enjoy it much. I would much rather have a story unfold for me rather than just jump into action and then fill in the rest with back-story.

Linearity, it really is straight path so far. The branching paths you keep arguing with either quickly dead end or just lead to the same place the other would a few seconds later, but it is still early.

Sahz is surprisingly my favorite character by far. They did a great job with everybody but Vanille's accent sounds more like she has a speech impediment and Snow's hero nonsense gets annoying. I found the first mom line corny but then when she says it again it's better.

The fighting is incredibly easy. IT just took a fight or two to learn when to use a AOE attack or the single attack and that was that. I almost always manually input commands for the lead character and still earn 5 stars.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You'd have to actually try NOT to five star a battle for the first while of the game. It gets much more difficult after a few chapters.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ended chapter 5 and still most 5 stars including all the bosses.