Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 3 & 4 thread) Paradigms? Crystariums?! What the hell is all this.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not very far into chapter three yet, but I am totally into both the paradigm system and the crystarium thing. Love it.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The paradigm system seems like a dumbed-down gambit system to me. But at least it does keep at least the more difficult battles somewhat engaging.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm on chapter 4, the start of it. So far this game has been easy squeezy lemon peazy. I died once but that was due to a completely unrelated gaming incident I had a cat fall behind our piano o.o

Story is fun and the battle system is awesome.

I can't stand the whiny Hope. Hopefully he'll man up in the future.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)"Do not shake the slippery tube! We cool on this? Do not shake the slippery tube!"

Lol'd.

I like that the paradigm system is "dumbed down" then. I love that these battles are really fast paced, and I like being able to make my selections without really looking. I kicked that scorpion things ass, ftr. That bitch didn't even know what it felt like to be un-staggered.

I also love that Frocobo pops out and no one even blinks. I am so into random cuteness.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default i feel compelled to quoteslash sry guys T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    The inside.
    I see. But does that mean (SPOILER)falling through the Hanging Edge into the lowland lake Bresha means I'm on Pulse now? Or is that just the lowlands of Cocoon? Everything else I'm getting except this Cocoon/Pulse deal.
    (SPOILER)From what the game says I can see why you thought you went to Pulse, I did too. But nope, still inside Cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightening View Post
    oh nevermind I think I answered my own question when I actually tried it out. Seems every item just gets transformed into EXP, but I read something about some items giving you a negative bonus. I haven't run into it yet, but hopefully there's some sort of warning before it happens.
    I dunno if there will be, there certainly isn't when you get a positive thingy. One of our items is now up to 3x experience when we upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    The paradigm system seems like a dumbed-down gambit system to me. But at least it does keep at least the more difficult battles somewhat engaging.
    Yeah but gambit was pretty much quasi-programming and I honestly cba with it. This way you just change your paradigm and they act appropriately. It's like gambits, but without the boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I can't stand the whiny Hope. Hopefully he'll man up in the future.
    Hahaha whiny? Did you pay attention to what happened to him? The kid's had like, the worst day ever. And he's fourteen. Most people would be doing a lot worse than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I also love that Frocobo pops out and no one even blinks. I am so into random cuteness.
    I also love how nobody bats an eyelid, it is hilarious. Also the datalog entry on Frocobo is lulz.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to wrap Hope up in a small blanket and mother him. I feel so bad for the kid!

Also; when you're using Odin and stuff, how they HELL are you supposed to use his special moves? Once it comes on it's a really crazy menu with a time bar and moves and I had no time to look at it. I need a tutorial for that, FFXIII!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Actually I like paradigms a lot better than the Gambit system in that you have to change them all the time to get the best results. It's forever changing rather than static, if that makes sense.

Also, I'm with Kaycee. smurf Hope.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

But he's only 14 and his Mom died and everyone is MEAN TO HIM and they leave him behind in a rubble heap. ;______;

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Those are all very good points, but he has stupid hair. Now, if he had a 'fro like Sazh...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahahah.

I think his hair reminds me of an eskimo. So I not only think of him as innocent and like a kicked puppy, but a kicked puppy eskimo, which makes me sadder.

I think we're about to finish Chapter 4, I'm not sure yet!!! I'm so excited!

I'm somewhere in chapter 4, and I want to continue but I have the misfortune of having jury duty today. xD

Really like the game so far though. The Sazh/Vanille/Hope team was really fun because it was the first time you had to actually think about what you were doing and you couldn't just mash X. The Paradigm shifts are actually fun and the feel of the battle can change instantly and I love it.

And everything Sazh says is made of awesome. I agree with the chocobo thing as well. It always pops out at the oddest of times and no one even asks him why the hell it's even there. It's great. Hope is my favorite so far though. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nox View Post
    I'm somewhere in chapter 4, and I want to continue but I have the misfortune of having jury duty today. xD
    Hee I can picture you trying to slap a guilty verdict across his face before noon just so you can get back to this magic game xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Pretty good game so far. Im on the (SPOILER)Odin battle, and MAN is he tough!

Hope and Sazh are my favourite characters at the moment.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My main complaint after finishing chapter 4 is I have yet to do anything besides follow a narrow path.

The beginning of chapter 5 at least seems to suggest the plot will be picking up. Maybe I finally left the exposition phase!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

The game is still that narrow and I'm in chapter 9, Raist. This game isn't about exploration, it's about character development, plot, and battle.