Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 3 & 4 thread) Paradigms? Crystariums?! What the hell is all this.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Pretty good game so far. Im on the (SPOILER)Odin battle, and MAN is he tough!
    The technique MILF gave earlier in the thread worked a treat for me.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I also love how nobody bats an eyelid, it is hilarious. Also the datalog entry on Frocobo is lulz.
    I just read that and it's amazing.

Anyway, I've thought about Hope a bit more, and while I don't really like him, I don't think he's overly whiny.

Loving the Crystarium System (though it's sometimes a pain to get so close to a crystal, only to stop short of it), loving the Paradigm Shift feature, and I'm loving the story. I'm actually loving all of the characters so far, a first since 12.

The one I probably like the least is Snow. Just seems pretty generic compared to anyone. Almost like 6's Sabin with a voice and a more present-day look. But my brother loves him because he thinks he backs up his talk.

Hmm. Let's see. Claims to be a hero, but fails utterly and miserably at saving a load of people from certain death, including the mother of one of his fellow party members. And he can't keep Serah safe, either. Right. Way to back up that talk.

Anyway, like someone else said, Hope's my favorite, then Vanille, then Lightning, then Sazh, then Snow. Haven't met Fang yet. Well . . . actually, I have, but she's not in my party.

And word to the Sazh/Vanille/Hope party. The game really worked me over. I don't think I got a single five-star rating in a battle.

Speaking of battles, I do love that, if you think you messed up a strategy, you can just restart it if you want and try again, or formulate a new strategy.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh, just so I don't appear to hate the game: so far I have been mildly impressed with the characters and story, and I am still hopeful about the battle system (it's been entertaining so far).

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like hope as a character to fight with but he just yeah his mom died boo hoo but vanille has to lead him everywhere. His mom just died in front of him and all he could do was just shut up around the man he thought let it happen. He can whine all he want but nothing happens until he does something.

After the odin battle his character might be manning up but really, he has stupid hair.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

(SPOILER)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIII Datalog
    Hope falls into despair.

I lol'd.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

BTW, can anyone tell me whats up with those "Bolster Blitz and Ruinga at head of attack queue when Ravager is present" auto-abilites?
    Theres a few of those. I don't get what that means and I havn't noticed anything different...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Hope's hair...

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I like Hope's hair...
    I like Hope's Hair as well. But unfortunately he is just another silver-haired Final Fantasy character you have to like. But I do not really like him compared to the others. But during the final battle...there we all love him and his Protect, Shell, Haste, Brave, et cetera spells. But even before that they really are helpful.

It is just too bad Hope is the character with the lowest maximum Hit Points. Hit Points are really important in this Final Fantasy. You always have to be careful.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Hope basically has Tidus's hair dyed Sephiroth's colour.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

My party is consisting of Lightning, Fang, and Hope here in Chapter 9. GREAT Team.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    The game is still that narrow and I'm in chapter 9, Raist. This game isn't about exploration, it's about character development, plot, and battle.
    So the opposite of FFXII?

Hope Chapter... 5?ish?Hope acted the most realistically thus far, which is probably why no one has liked him. I'd like him more if he was just plain freaking out instead of, 'I LURVE MAH MOMMEH!' but oh well, he appears to be redeeming himself as you can see definite character development () as he and Lightening mad their way through the woods.

Maybe there should be something in the first post of these threads that says where chapter 3 starts and where chapter 4 ends? I've already forgotten what happens at the end of chapter 4 just so i don't go and spoil something from chapter 5

i think i have just finished chap 4 or im at the end of it. So far not a bad game. Im slowly getting into the story line but im still a tad confused. I absolutely adore Sazh and Lightning. Snow sux...he really truly sux anus. >:\

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm on chapter four. I love Sazh and Vanille isn't as annoying as people say. Xp Lightning kicks ass though.