Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Chapters 7 & 8 thread) We're making progress...FLANITORS! CHOCOBOS! HELL YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    The actual Chocobo theme while riding is not that impressive.
    You say that. In my opinion it is better than the lyrics version.

Chapter 7 made me do three things, all three of which are spoilers.
    (SPOILER)
    The first was gain a greater appriciation for Snow's character, the way he cracked under Hopes Scrutiny in an instant. His little monologue was extremely well done there.

It also made me appreciate the designers effort into Hopes personality even more, the same segment and all. Hell, he was about to kill Snow had it not been for the enemy bombing.

Then it managed to make me head desk, hard. When you see Hopes dad.

It's not that his dad is a bad character, but seriously? WTF? This is the guy Hope showed so much hatred towards? He doesn't have an ounce of hateableness to him. Having the dad immediately appear as this kind hearted man seriously undermines all of Hopes development as a character. He seemed as if he had no one to turn to after his mom died, because he hated his father so much.

I know there was probably a side to the guy we never see, but seriously, he comes across as a damned saint. smurf.

And the random fights in Chapter 8 were difficult compared to the rest of the game.

Had no Problem whooping up on the boss here though.

Episode Zero explains Hope and his relationship with his parents well, Neo.

Not sure what Episode Zero is, but unless it's required material to play, it's still rather BS. ;p

Though I won't let this minor hiccup as of yet ruin his character.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Lightening. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect, only destroy."

supposed real name"Eclair, on the other hand, is a fluffy tasty treat. I just want to be fluffy and sweet again... *sniffle*

Episode Zero is the novel of Final Fantasy XIII which explains how Serah and Snow have met, how she became a L'Cie, et cetera. You can tell it "Final Fantasy XIII Crisis Core". The real name is "Final Fantasy XIII Episode Zero - Promise".

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Why don't they just put this info in the damn game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Why don't they just put this info in the damn game?
    They are dirty, greedy bastards?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Damn at (Chapter 8 spoiler) (SPOILER)Brynhildr, I had to wuss out and look at a guide for it.
    I dont get how synergist/saboteur was supposed to do ANYTHING to raise his Gestalt bar, that did NOTHING for me, it moved so damn slowly. I basicly just kept going back and forth between Ravager/Ravager and Synergist/Medic because the supposed Synergist/Saboteur was useless.

I have to say, im not a fan of 2 person parties, I want my 3 people back!

BTW, how long is this game really? I know SE said the main story was 50-60 hours but is that really true? I ask because im on chapter 9/13 and ive only played 25 hours...
    Last edited by Croyles; 03-12-2010 at 03:08 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Three cheers for topless Snow!

ETA: I FOUND ANOTHER BLACK PERSON! Woo!

ETA2: OMG gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Damn at (Chapter 8 spoiler) (SPOILER)Brynhildr, I had to wuss out and look at a guide for it.
    I dont get how synergist/saboteur was supposed to do ANYTHING to raise his Gestalt bar, that did NOTHING for me, it moved so damn slowly. I basicly just kept going back and forth between Ravager/Ravager and Synergist/Medic because the supposed Synergist/Saboteur was useless.
    Tide Turner worked for me. Of course, it took me a few tries, but then I equipped Ember Rings and things were a lot easier; I got it with 500+ count to spare. xD

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

... elemental defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    BTW, how long is this game really? I know SE said the main story was 50-60 hours but is that really true? I ask because im on chapter 9/13 and ive only played 25 hours...

Believe me, the last chapters are long enough. (SPOILER)And the final dungeon is hard. Normally you have to train at least a bit for the last chapter and the final boss so you need some time for it as well because the final boss (phase 2 of 3 phases is the really strong phase) can beat you easy if you do not take care the whole battle.

Yeah the whole "I hate Snow even though my mum went off and fought completely of her own free will" thing was annoying enough but now this dad he hates actually seems like a great guy. Taking his own son and friends in without a second thought even if it means he'd be a criminal and probably deported/killed, what an ass.

Stupid Sexy Snow.

And finally a memorable piece of music! By that I mean the chocobo theme, I don't care if it's been in almost every Final Fantasy, I'll take it.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Golden Saucer did fun better
    Yeeeah, SE missed a big opportunity here to do something other than (OMFG)chase Sazh's chocobo through a zone for a tiny reward.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah that was kind of lame. BUT THE CHOCOBOS!

I was all excited about the lambs but then I looked at their faces... FREAKY! I think I may love them all the more for it though.